Honey Bee

Quiet

I'm not yours and you're not mine,
But we can sit and pass the time.
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes,
We're just feeling fine.


Somehow we ended up laughing, trying to be quiet in the middle of the hotel hallway and I tried my best to shush him as it was about two in the morning, but that only made us laugh a little more as I fumbled with the hotel key. Finally getting the green light so I could step inside with him behind me.

I had no intention on doing anything rash, in fact it was quite the opposite, but Tyler cared enough to bring it up, "You know you're drunk right," he spoke in a semi serious voice.

"I didn't bring you here to have sex with you, I just couldn't hear over that damn noise."

"Ok, 'damn noise'? Are you eighty?" He poked my side in amusement and I jumped slightly before swatting his wrist. I was too ticklish for my own good.

"What's it to you? Get off my lawn," I locked the door behind us and quickly stepped out of the heels, looking back at him mischievously when he snickered I knew at the height difference, "Look you're like a foot taller than me, get used to it."

"Oh so I'm gonna get used to things?"

That made me smile because I said it without thinking, "Maybe. Hold that thought!"

I quickly shuffled my feet towards the bathroom with some sweats in hand and closed the door behind me. Putting my hair up in a bun, I yawned and figured now would be a good time to take off my makeup.

Popping my head out the door momentarily, I grinned sheepishly at him, "No makeup in a minute," I warned him and got butterflies in my stomach when he shrugged it off, "Still beautiful, I'm sure," he called out, getting a little comfortable himself as he toed his shoes off. I wasn't sure whether he was staying over or not, but I had never been so comfortable with someone I basically just met in my life. I wouldn't have cared.

I removed my makeup and did my nightly regiment before brushing my teeth and taking my earrings out. I felt a little naked, not that I was so dependent on makeup, but because this was the second time meeting this kid. I had a bad habit of feeling like I had to keep up appearances for a little while before this happened. With anyone actually, much less him.

But I came out of the bathroom, soft and hereditary under eye circles and all. And he just chuckled, shaking his head, "Incredible," he muttered to himself before raising his voice so it was audible for me to hear better, "Seems like you were worried for nothing." Sitting on the couch of the small living area, Tyler patted the spot next to him before pausing to pat the spot in his lap, causing me to tilt my head to the side with a side smile on my face, "One second."

"By the way, dance sweatpants? What don't you do?"

"Ventriloquism, fuck dolls they give me the creeps!"

Advancing over to the minibar, I went for the small bottle of champagne and grabbed two plastic champagne glasses. "I'm gonna toss away my pride for a minute and actually celebrate your win," I aimed the bottle towards the ceiling and turned my head away from it, yelping gleefully when the cork popped and shrugged at the spilled champagne on the counter, "I'll get that later." Filling our cups, I looked over the spot next to him and the spot in his lap. I was just tipsy enough still to take his lap and I handed him his plastic cup and we toasted.

"I might get a Seguin jersey," I said after a minute of comfortable silence and that just made him beam from ear to ear, "I'm sure I could get you one, I'm not passing up the opportunity to convert you."

With the shake of my head at how cute he was, I leaned in and pressed my lips to his, "So did you miss me?" I asked once my lips weren't so occupied, searching over his eyes a little bit more hopeful than I really should have. I blame the alcohol.

His face scrunched up like he was thinking and thinking hard, but that only caused the corners of his lips to curl up when I swatted at him after a while, "Honestly? As human beings who just got to know each other and bonded over a Blake Shelton song with a bunch of his friends, whom by the way love you already? It was torture."

I bit on my bottom lip before taking a sip of my champagne. It really was torture and sitting in his lap was a little bit more natural than I expected. I was down right scared. I couldn't keep a relationship and could get a little too neurotic for my own good, I wasn't sure what we were up against if we were up against anything at all.

"Did you miss me?" Tyler asked, pushing a stray hair from my long bangs away from my face and I nodded, my face finding his own, a soft smile filled my cheeks as ESPN highlights was merely background noise now.

"I did, but what now huh? You go back to Boston and I still live in SC," I didn't mean to sound as bummed out or as bitter as I did, but it was an issue. Things weren't going to be easy after we both parted ways. There was a reason why I was doing my damnedest to be reserved.

Tyler just took my cup and set them both beside the end table, thumbing over the top of my pointer finger, "Well, do your thing and I'll be in Boston when you're ready to come up."

I sighed and nodded again, "Might not be too long then actually," Scrunching up my nose, I stretched my limbs a little. Tyler's hand stroked through my hair with a shit-eating grin on his face, "And why's that?"

"Shut up, do you want my number or not?" Asking with a grin, I held out my hand for him to give me his phone and put my digits in his contacts. Once it was done I pressed my lips to his temple and hopped out of his lap to run to the bed and before I knew it he was chasing me causing me to yelp once I hit the bed and he landed on top of me.

"You are fucking huge!" I exclaimed, wriggling underneath him, "I can't breathe!" Gasping for air and mainly from laughter, I bumped my back against his chest before he threw in the towel and laid on his side, pulling me closer in the process.

"I am offended!" Tyler scoffed and I just rolled over to face him. Smiling brightly, I stifled the incredible urge to touch him... everywhere. For a later day, I reminded myself and surrendered to the kiss Tyler gave once he leaned down to press his lips against my own tenderly.

"I've had a wonderful night," I whispered against his lips, my eyes wandering once they fluttered open over his own and his gaze was softened, sleepy even and I nodded, "You can sleep here."

"You're an angel, you know that?"

I hummed and nuzzled up to him, feeling the weight of tiredness take me under. "I know it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a little short! I really wanted to get this one in though before the next few chapters. Also I know that this story has been very "I did this, he said this", so I'm gonna try to mix it up.

SPOILER ALERT: Things are going to turn fairly sad, but I'll try to keep it light at the same time as much as I can. Thank you so much for your sweet comments and subscribing! Xoxo