Honey Bee

Rocket

I had a dream, just you and me,
And it was all that I wanted to be.
And so much more, cause we could soar,
No gravity keeping me on the floor.


The city was quiet to its entirety as it felt like a blanket being wrapped around the two of them. There were no cars on the street, no people yelling from the sidewalks. It just was and it was nothing but the sounds of their lungs staying afloat filling the room. He refused to open his eyes although he was awake, he refused to feel Emily stir her delicate frame against him in wanting to have them just the way they were a little bit longer. She definitely was a sight, her dark hair messily sweeping over her face and that very face buried somewhere in between Tyler's chest and his pillow. That was skill and it made his features curl up in a soft grin because even though he refused to open his eyes, he knew it was adorable. Comfortably enough, though, she had slept the entire night without trouble and as did he. The outside world couldn't get to them there, no prior obligations could break them free from this position. Not for another few hours.

--------

A yawn took over my lungs involuntarily as I finally agreed to the natural process of things, fluttering my eyes open to see the room was dimmed from the blinds thankfully. The last thing I needed was to have the sun violate my retinas so early in the day. The sound of the rain now dulled in the background followed by the soft breathing of the young-faced girl in my arms.

I tried to be as quiet and still as possible, but it wasn't long before I felt Emily's legs stretch against my own which had to be one of the cutest things in the world because the moment she realized that she wasn't in the bed alone it made her jump just enough for me to feel it. I looked down at her once those brown eyes of hers fluttered open and an inescapable grin fell on my face, "Good morning," I muttered, not being too much of a morning person, but for her I would damn near try.

But as she buried her face in my chest, whining a little further at the fact that she had to stop sleeping it was clear that I wasn't the only one who hated having to do it. It was fucking adorable too, the way she was so adamant in staying warm and close to me for as long as possible nearly ripped the heart out of my chest.

"Morning," I could hear her muffled voice, groggy and sexy at once. Finally, though, she mustered enough strength to pull her head back and gaze at me from rested eyes, a grin on her face: partly embarrassed, partly content and that was enough to make me want to curl up with her for hours. Brushing the hair out of her eyes, I hummed a little once I fluttered my eyes shut, "How'd you sleep?" My question was slurred and Emily giggled at the sound. Killer.

"I slept well," She started, her dark hair somehow got out of her bun in the middle of the night and fanned over the pillow, easy for me to want to run my fingers through it as she went on about a dream she had that night. Her voice was peaceful and I listened intently, how she was on a roller coaster in the dream and instead of being terrifying it was actually really fun.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of heights," I poked fun, smiling down at the sleepy girl as she wriggled her way up to be eye level with me.

"No, I'm actually not. I love roller coasters, but that's supposed to mean something I think. Like the ups and downs, I guess that makes sense...," She trailed off, but I didn't know she hat she was talking about. I didn't want to pry, but I couldn't help but feel like there was something underneath those words that was eating at me. I just nodded slightly and pressed my lips against her temple, feeling like she needed it and I was surely going to supply.

Rolling on my back, I groaned slightly when I realized I had slept in my jeans, but kind of laughed afterwards which gauged Emily's curiosity. "Haven't slept with a girl with my pants on since I was about seven," And that seemed to be funny because she laughed and hard, the kind of laugh you know felt good because it rattles your whole body. I watched as Emily nodded in the direction of my bare chest, "Didn't stop you from taking your shirt off, Romeo."

"What?" I grinned a little more smugly than I should have and thumbed over her covered arm, "Like you hate the view."

"Shut up," She smiled and reached over me to pick up the room service menu on the nightstand, "Do you have to leave early?"

I shook my head, "Not until this evening, Tex."

"We're still on this, Degrassi?" She smirked, but I could tell she kind of loved being called that. It was our thing, I wasn't going to overthink it as much as I knew she was probably going to, but it was nice to have this in such a short amount of time.

We sat up and looked over the menu, my arm around her waist as she nuzzled her small frame into my side. We were looking and soon I felt a head fall on my shoulder and a light spurt of laughter fall from her lips at herself, "I'm still tired," Emily looked up at me with a pout and without a single thought my lips pressed against hers regardless of the fact that we had just woken up. She looked down bashfully, cheeks flushed, and pulled that same lip behind her top lip as she looked at the menu, "I'm awake," She finally said, grinning from ear to ear at herself and she pulled her hair over to one side, so I could see her face.

"Okay, breakfast for a hockey player,"

"Well, eggs, whole wheat toast, bacon, fruit...,"

"I want half of that," she smiled, claiming that she wanted a grapefruit, whole wheat toast, and some coffee and water. I could easily say okay to that and picked up the phone, calling in our orders as she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth among some other things.

When she came back, her long hair was combed of the messiness and she tossed her hoodie in the direction of her suitcase which made me chuckle as she climbed back in her spot, getting warm underneath the covers and my body.

***

It wasn't long before breakfast came and went, piled up in Emily's bed as we watched ESPN highlights and Golden Girls reruns. Against my will of course, not that I love Sophia Petrillo or anything. Pfft.

"You know you're very mysterious," I stated once we were in this comfortable position of our legs tangled, I looked down at her when she pushed her legs to her chest and shifted to face me with a quizzical, yet amused expression on her face.

"Me? What about you, Mr. Boston?!"

"Come on, I don't even know what you do for a living."

A smile felt the need to fill her face, my heart only minorly feeling like it was going to run out of my chest from how much it was racing. "I ran into you because of it."

I thought on this, remembering only a few days ago when she put a video camera in her pocket book and I snapped out of the memory with a tilted grin, "You make videos?"

"YouTube is the label that pays me," She sang like she was Snoop Dogg which made a broad smile stretch across my face. Shit, she was great.

"That's really cool, can I see your stuff?"

"Hey buddy, I don't show my stuff to just anybody," Emily bit on her lip to contain her giggles and climbed out of bed to grab her MacBook. Her alabaster skin practically glowed against the overcast weather outside the window, it really was unfair. I made being fair skinned kind of blah in my opinion compared to her. She was beautiful. She really was. I told her that the night before, but it would be different now and I couldn't just tell her that, I knew me too well. I would end up fucking things up in record timing.

Placing the laptop in between the both of us, Emily searched for her channel on YouTube even though you could tell she was anxious about it. "I don't usually do this," she bit her lip nervously and I resisted the urge to kiss her temple reassuringly, but instead just kept my eyes on the screen.

Soon I was introduced by an intro that led to a place that looked like her bedroom and a grin immediately spread across my face because from what I could tell it was as bubbly and cool as she was. The purple bedspread was accompanied with a Johnny Cash poster in the background and little odds and ends, and then she spoke. And she had me in stitches with her wit and timing, not to mention a couple of videos she decided to share where she was covering a song. That's when she seemed the most embarrassed, but I just shook my head to myself, "This is unfair," I blurted out, I laughed weakly and let my eyes wander on the real life Emily Harold, "How is a girl like you, so hilarious and talented, single? Seriously, how is this even possible?"

Suddenly a weak smile appeared on her face, almost sad, and she shrugged, "Don't have time... I guess there's a video you should watch."

I was nervous then, assuming anything at this point, until it became very clear to me what it was, and I pulled my arm around her shoulder quickly and protectively.

I watched as Emily told her mother's story to a camera to thousands upon thousands of people. How she was battling colon cancer, still fighting it. Idly, I ran my hand over her arm, I knew it had to be tough to make let alone to watch again. I hated to see her hurt already and felt indescribably sad about the situation, I hated that I had to bring something up while she was on vacation.

"I'm so sorry," I finally whispered once the story was over and pulled in her in a big, affectionate hug, feeling her arms wrap around my waist and sighed with a nod, "It's okay," The girl whispered and pulled away.

"My dad and I take care of her so other than this trip and making videos that's what I'm doing. Plus... Well, I've never actually been in a real relationship. Wow I guess this is honesty hour with Emily, huh?" She laughed breathy and shook her head. I smiled a little and wasted no more time in pressing my lips against hers. I tried to not make it a habit so much, but she deserved it.

"Wow... You're incredible, but if you ever just want to get away and not have to deal with it for a while, Boston would be a great escape for you. If you don't, I understand, but now you've got a place to stay if you're ever in town."

"Why are you so good to me?" She asked shyly, looking down at her fingers before looking into my eyes soulfully, causing my heart to race even further. I had to fess up sooner or later in a way.

"Because you deserve it," I started, pulling my bottom lip in my mouth for a moment, "I wasn't sure why when I met you, I'm never like this with anyone hardly, but I could tell you were different from the moment that voice of yours drawled out. I had to figure you out. I wouldn't believe it either, but it's true. I feel like I want to know everything about you, you're interesting."

A deep blush overcame her cheeks and mine because I was being so honest with someone, so candid that it almost made me regret saying it. I was scared of what would happen next, but when she leaned up to press her lips against my cheek everything seemed to fall into place.

"I wanna know everything about you too. Plus... Okay, I really need to meet Marshall."

"Of course," I chuckled brightly, "he always gets the ladies. Steals my thunder with the good ones like you," ending with a wink.

Suddenly then, Emily looked down thoughtfully, "How many good ones are there anyway?" She asked a little curiously and there was no blaming to that want of knowledge. His lifestyle hadn't been the most squeaky clean and he was sure publicity or what ever he got of it didn't make it any better.

"Currently? you're the only good one for miles. You're completely unfazed by my 'status'," I paired with air quotes, "and that's what I look for most. I have wasted too much time on girls like that. You actually give a shit."

"That obvious, huh?" She asked sheepishly and I grinned, rubbing her hip soothingly, "A little."

With that, she buried her face in the pillow, thinking I didn't realize she was hiding her blush, and whined a little once she realized that it her flight was soon. "I don't want to pack."

Shutting off her MacBook, I put it to the side and nudged her side, "C'mon Tex, I'll help."

***

Once everything was packed and I successfully sneaked a peak at the lacy panties... Okay I lied. She totally caught me and laughed it off, but that's not the point. We got a cab to the airport after she said goodbye to her friends, who gave me knowing looks and small grins, and soon we were standing there, avoiding saying until next time.

With a sigh, she pulled me in for a great big hug and pressed her lips against my own, allowing me to deepen the kiss by just a little, enough to get drunk off of them and I blinked my eyes open once we pulled apart. "I'll take you up on that offer soon," She whispered against my ear and I nodded, "You're always welcome."

Her flight was being announced and she grabbed her bags with a slight look of disappointment on her face, can't lie that felt pretty incredible. "Be safe, I'll call you when I land okay, Degrassi?"

"Okay, Tex. And I will, I promise."

I watched until she entered the terminal and ran my hand over the back of my head as I exited the place, knowing it would be only a few hours before it was me going on a plane back home.

Man, I was in deep after only a week. I was crazy and I knew it.

---------

She got eyes that cut you like a knife,
And her lips that taste like sweet red wine.
And her pretty legs go to Heaven every time.
She's got a gentle way that puts me at ease,
When she walks into the room I can hardly breathe.
Got a devastating smile, knock a grown man to his knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm sorry this took so long! I've been kinda busy plus I had a hard time getting this chapter together.

Did you like the narrative at the beginning and would you like to see more of it?

Thanks for commenting and subscribing! Xoxo :)