Honey Bee

New

New, you're so new,
You, you're new.
And I never had this taste in the past.
Don't let it go away,
This feeling has got to stay.


Three weeks seemed so strenuous, it seemed so far away and yet when Emily stood there, luggage in hand and her hair tucked behind her ear as she waited for a familiar face, the young girl realized how nerve-racking it was to just wait around, hoping that her outfit wasn't too ruined in the long flight as she smoothed her tongue over her teeth.

Emily jumped when she felt a pair of hands over her eyes with a gasp, but soon fear was taken over by the need to hug and punch Tyler Seguin right in the gut (if you could call that a gut) once she heard his familiar voice whisper, "Guess who?,". She spun around and wrapped her arms around his neck and felt his chuckle tickle against the baby hairs behind her ear, "Calm down, Em!" Emily blushed and let him go when all of a sudden he threw her over his shoulder with enough give so she could wheel her luggage behind them and she couldn't help but giggle as loudly and as obnoxiously as possible, clinging onto him for dear life as onlookers gazed with wide eyes, the ones who knew who he was at least.

The ride from the airport to Tyler's pad was a much more pleasant experience than she expected. They caught up on things they couldn't over the phone or FaceTime, those butterflies filling up on her stomach when he reached for her hand in between them, allowing her to look out the window until they had reached their destination.

Emily graciously thanked the man who grabbed her luggage as they made their way through the lobby and into the elevator where she didn't waste any time in pressing her lips against his own soundly once the doors closed.

"Missed you," she muttered against the lips she had missed for too long and grinned when Tyler snaked his arms around her, "Not as much as I missed you."

"Gross," Emily teased only to squeak when Tyler poked her in the rib cage, jumping about half a foot, "Hmm... good to know."

Soon his floor was their stopping place and they had to get off of each other for more than five seconds to gather her things and head towards his number, her arms around his waist from behind the entire way as he quite literally dragged her along.

"Marshaaaall," Emily sang out from behind the door and grinned when she heard a little whining from the other side of the door and it made her smile from ear to ear.

"Ugh he already likes you," Tyler groaned while simultaneously opening the door and soon she was greeted by four feet and a wagging tail. "Oh I know it," she exclaimed to the little-big dog and bent down to pet the young pup as she closed the door behind her so he couldn't get out. Emily plopped down right in front of the door for him to get to know her which was probably one of the cutest things Tyler had seen in a while and was compelled to take a picture of it.

"Hey!" Emily cheesed, shaking her head before rising to her feet, certain of her aim when she sprung forward and attached herself to the chuckling man, "Oh him is a good boy too yes him is!"

"Ack! Okay, okay you can love on the dog now... Can I have a beggin' strip?"

"Admit you're a good boy," Emily smiled as her arms soon wrapped around his taut middle and he shrugged halfway, "What if I don't wanna be a good boy?," he spoke low and it made every nerve in her body tingle, but she kept her composure and kissed his lips, "We'll just see then." And she walked away, her hips swaying in the most hypnotic of ways as she rolled her luggage to where she was told was the direction of the bedrooms. Marshall behind her feet the whole time.

"You're not gonna make me sleep by myself, are you?" The girl pouted, something Tyler could feel he couldn't resist already and walked the short distance to her, "Of course not," his soft lips pressed against her temple, causing her to hum contentedly, "I could get used to here already."

It only took her a second to learn which room was his, the view was phenomenal, right in front of the city skyline, it was dark enough to where the city lights were on and most homes, businesses, and cars were lit below. She gasped slightly and inched closer so she could take it all in, feeling a pair of strong arms come up behind her, "Do you like it, Tex?"

Emily grinned and nudged the side of her face against his arm, "I do, it's incredible really," she had to admit she was trying not to be impressed by everything, but coming from a small town she hated to admit she was drawn to pretty lights in high apartments in the sky.

She sighed a little and looked at the abnormally huge bed and grinned with slow-blinking eyes before going towards it with his hand in her own, his large palm making hers particularly delicate.

"Can we take a nap?" Emily said while curling up in his cozy bed that disastrously smelled just like him. Disastrous because she knew right then she wouldn't want to leave. She was amazed that she had recognized his cologne and soap combo so well already, but she wouldn't have had it any other way.

Her hair was fanned out over the pillow as she pulled a sheet over her legs, too tempting for Tyler not to climb over to her, leaving them very little space between them. "You're in my spot."

Emily's dark brown eyes shined brightly as they looked over his own and her red lips curled up in a grin, "Get over it, there's a new sheriff in town," her legs tangled against the ones covered by jeans and kissed his cheek and quickly giggled when she had to thumb over it to wipe away the left over lipstick stain on the stubbled cheek.

"Maybelline, you lied," Emily muttered to herself, making him snort, "Maybel-who?"

"Don't worry about it," she wriggled underneath him to get comfortable until he finally gave up the ghost and laid down beside her, taking a new spot. Her eyelids fluttered shut, overcome by the warmth and welcoming presence of where she was as Marshall gathered up at the foot of the bed.

Tyler felt a little creepy watching her sleep, but he couldn't help it. The rise and the fall of her chest made his own chest tighten with a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time. He really liked this girl. He made eyes with a sleepy Marshall and he put his finger to his own lips in order to hush him, as if he was going to make a noise in the first place. He was in deep and he didn't think there was any use in trying to stop now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hurt me, I'm only human! Hahah thanks to anyone who has stuck around, I had something tragic happen in my family so I've been recovering. Thank you for keeping me motivated to keep going with this. I doubt I'll write in a narrative often for this fic, but I really enjoyed it. Comment & Recommend <3