Status: COMING SOON;

Stole My Heart

Breakthrough

It was morning when Preslie got a call from her manager. She had recently released her single, and it did not take long for her to become a well known artist. The sun had began to slip over the horizon when the melody of chimes erupted from her phone. Preslie picked it up and placed to her ear and with a sleepy voice spoke "Hello?" she said.

After speaking she was replied to by the excited and husky voice of her manager, the one who made it possible for her single to be as well known as it now is "Preslie!? Get down to my office right away! We have something to discuss!" was the last thing she heard before he hung up.

Getting off the comfortable full size matress she had slept on since she had gotten her new bed Preslie made her way into the bathroom, taking a quick shower, brushing her teeth, getting completely dried off, and then getting dressed. Her outfit consisted of jeans and a sweater, she was not like every other pop star who wanted to go 'diva' she stayed herself and stayed close to nature, something most artists lose right as their music hits the market.

Once Preslie was completely ready it was not long before she was downstairs, in her car and at the office. The excitment in Tom's (her manager) voice certainly meant he had something good in store for her but, obviously she would not know what it was until she got there.

It was not hard to miss the office building, after all it was one of the most 'modern' building in Preslie's small home. Her life had always been around the country's fresh air, foliage, crops, rivers, and the wild ife that had made their own home there. The release of her single surely meant her life would change and a lot for that matter.

She pulled up into the parking lot and exited the warmth of the car only to enter the cold bitter October air. The wind was nipping at her skin as Preslie made her way across the lot and then into the building, Tom was already waiting at her inside the entrance.

"Preslie, what took you so long?" he asked, somewhat hysterical by this point.

"Um, it's only been thirty minutes." is what she replied, checking her phone for the time and then being escorted by Tom into his office.

"What is all this about?" she asked as she slipped into the black leather chair that held its location in front of Mr. Brown's large oak desk which was crowded with papers, pens, and a laptop that was placed in the middle. His office seemed rather similar to the principal's office that Preslie hardly ever had to go to during her school years but had always put her on edge. Even though she was already perched on a limp, waiting for the news that Mr. Brown seemed so anxious to tell she could feel the uneasiness coming into her body as if she knew she was about to get wrote-up, something that had only happend twice in her school life.

"Well, Preslie, you're going to England!" her manager had said, a handsome grin across his broad face as he spoke.

"Wait, what, why?!" she answered his comment with a question, the breeze from the air conditioner blowing her red hair slightly around her face.

"Your going to England and you will be on tour with One Direction." his excited voice filled the small room and Preslie smiled herself this time. She never really had a taste for their music but, if listening to their songs meant millions could listen to her's she could loive with it.

After thanking her manager for making it possible she had went home and began getting packed for the flight that would carry her to England in exactly a week. It did not take long for the week to go by, it felt like only a few hours to be honest. As Preslie made her way to the airport it didn't take long for her thoughts to penetrate her mind and buzz around.

She knew she was not that huge of a fan of One direction but it had began to dawn on her why. It took her her whole life to get to where she was, where she was able to be so well known, and for them it took a few good songs and a competition, that was it. She on the other hand had spent years singing at small, cramped cafe's and trying her hardest to make her dreams come true. It was pure luck Tom found her and became her manager, even more so that he made it possible for her to be on a tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was written by me, l-Silent-l, and it is titled Breakthrough since it is Preslie's breakthrough in her career! :)