Status: Active

The American Princess

Going to London

Flying away to a foreign land. Across the pond they'd say. My scholarship took wind and now I'm gone. I left behind assholes, who I've spent my life with. I'm done with being unappreciated. I just want to have a new start in London. I planned my leaving for years and once 18 hit, I fled.

Well technically I just landed. The weather here was a bit bleak here for a summer afternoon, but the people--so far-- were nice and friendly. This is a great change from the angry streets of Baltimore. The airport was busy, but I was able to find my British pen pal, Kelsy, holding a sign with my name. She was nice enough to let me stay in her "flat", as we go to "Uni" together.

"Ello, Adrienna. How was your flight?" She said. "Let me help with your luggage."

I hand her my duffel bag and continue to carry my rolling bag and bigger duffel bag.
"My flight was okay, no one to complain about." I shrug as I follow her to the front of the airport.

"Well, I promise that the ride is a lot shorter than your flight." She says as we arrive to the car.

"Has my stuff arrived yet?" I ask pautting my stuff in the trunk.

"Yes, from your bed to your other clothing."

I nod and look up at the nearest billboard. "Who is One Direction?"

Kelsey looked at me before we got in the car. "Are you serious right now?" She gave me this confused look.

"What do you mean? Are they famous?" I ask.

"Get in the car, I'll explain." She climbed in and I shrug then follow suit.

Kelsey turned on the radio and the voice of a young male started to play.

"I'll lift you up, I'll never stop, you know I'll take you to another world..."

Kelsey handed me a CD case with 5 boys and "One Direction" written across the top.
"They were on the UK X-Factor 2 years ago." She said. "They lost, but ended being the awesomest boy band of our generation."

I looked at the song list and noted that we were listening to "Another World".

"From left to right you have: Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne is holding Louis Tomlinson, and that blonde one is Niall Horan."

I blinked and stared at the CD.
"I don't think I'm gonna remember all of that."

Kelsey shook her head.
"Well if you're gonna learn if you're going to be my flat mate." She said. Kelsey had started to hum along with the music. After a while I had no choice, but to bop my head with the next song.

"We're here!" Kelsey said pulling me out of my daze.

I look up and see a small building that read London's Finest Flats. We got out and I further take in my surroundings. There was an alley where the fire escape could be seen, with a small car in the back. The bricks of the building werw a dark brown as if they had been there for centuries instead of just a few years.

Once we grabbed my bags, Kelsey led me up some stairs to the 3rd floor.
"Flat number 3035." She said opening the door. The flat was spacious, well at least the dining/living room was. The kitchen had a unique wood cabinetry and black appliances. On the other side of the flat, there was a hallway that split in two.

"The room on the left is yours." Kelsey said pointing.

I smile and run to the room with my rolling case. I jump onto my bed and roll around on it. Kelsey walked in and dropped my bag by my closet.

"You Americans are strange." She said shaking her head, laughing.

"No, just me." I laugh. I look out the window and see it's raining.

"Well, I'll let you unpack." Kelsey smiled and closed my door. I laid back and smiled.

Living in London won't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
First crack at a One Direction story. I hope this turns out okay and get a nice reception from readers.
Thanks for reading. More later.
Comment/Subscibe/Recommend?
--<3 Domie