Status: Active

The American Princess

Home

**2 Days After the VMAs**

I have been sitting the furtherest from Niall in the cab, pouting. Niall has been trying to get me to speak to him, but I keep staring out the window, reminiscing over the streets of Baltimore.

The clouds were gray, but the sky wasn't ready to open up yet. There were small rumbles of thunder every minute and I sigh, staring at the sky.
'The perfect weather for a shitty day.'

Niall rests his hand on my thigh, which pulls me out of my thoughts. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him looking sad.
"Say som'thin'." He begs, but I remain quiet. "I tol' ya yer gonna hafta see yer famileh."

I let out a huff and cross my arms.
"I'm still angry at you." I say not facing him.

I feel his hand take my face and turn me so that I'm looking at him. Our eyes lock and my angry façade melted away. Those eyes are magic and I almost hate that they can make me do anything.

"I understand dat, but please?" He begs again, now squeezing my knee. "All ya hafta do is try. Den we can go if it doesn't work out."

I roll my eyes and sigh.
"Fine, just because I'm doing this for you." I say. Niall starts beaming at me and kisses my cheek. The cab stops, we pay the fare, and get out.

The second we get out, Niall grabs my hand. I look at our hands, then him, realizing he meant what he said; this boy is really sticking by me through this cluster fuck of a situation.

I take a deep breath and lead the way to my aunt and uncle's home. The outside of the house doesn't seem to have changed a bit. A dark brown brick rowhome with faded black shutters, that are chipped on the sides. The medium-sized tree in front with leaves that are slowly changing color. I turn my head to the left and point towards the next set of rowhomes.

"That's where I used to live." I say smiling the bit. "My old best friend lived a block over to the right, but she moved out once Jack knocked her up."

Niall looks at me confused, yet understanding.
"Don't fret, Princess. Dat's da past and dis is now." He kisses my hand. "Now ya can face yer famileh."

I smile and nod. I then pull Niall up the concrete steps leading up to the front door. Once we get up the stairs, I press the doorbell. We hear footsteps and mumbles from behind the door. I fidget a bit, but Niall kisses my cheek again to calm me.

"Hello?" My Aunt Janiene opens the door. Her jaw drops when she sees me. "Ted! Ted, come to the door! Adrienna's here!"

I smile and am wrapped in her arms. I hug her back. As we let go, I see Uncle Teddy at the door with my brother, sister, and my cousin behind the two of them. All with a shocked expression on their face.

"Adrienna....you came back?" My brother asks.

"I came back for a visit." I say, keeping my voice steady.

"And who's this?" My aunt asks, gesturing towards a blushing Niall.

"This is--"

"Holy crap! It's Niall from One Direction!" My 16 year old cousin, Lilliana blurts out from behind my uncle.

Everyone's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets while Niall gives a small wave.
"Hi." He simply says.
**********

After Niall and I are invited inside, we were seated and given a cup of coffee. I was able to take in the faces I haven't seen in almost 6 months.
My aunt and uncle have more of a salt and pepper, elder appearance going on. My brother's clearly going through puberty, my sister is starting to look a bit more like me, and my cousin...well she's a bit more grown.

Once Niall and I were settled, the rounds of questions start firing off.
"How did you two meet?" My aunt starts.

"What are your intentions with my niece?" My uncle continues.

"Can I have your autograph?" My cousin squeals.

"Why would you want my sister?" My brother asks. "You could have anyone!"

"Whoa! Whoa!" Niall says putting his coffee down. "Let's start from da beginnin'. We seen each o'der around town a few times, and when I seened her at da coffee hut, I tried to approach her, but she ran awey. She gave me a chance, though."

"Why would run away from his fine behind, Adri?" My cousin asks. "It's Niall freakin' Horan!"

"I knew who he was, but I didn't think he'd want to waste his time on a girl like me...." I trail. Niall grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"Also, don't worreh sir. I plan t' continue t' treat yer niece wit' de upmost respect." Niall says as serious as he could.

"How long have you two been together?" My uncle asks.

"Four and a half months." Niall beams. I hear my cousin gasp.

"Dang! There goes me getting a bowl of Niall Horan soup!" She groans. "Wait! Have y'all banged yet?"

"Lilliana!" My aunt and uncle yell in unison. Niall and I both were blushing. Luckily the questions stopped there.
*********

Dinnertime had rolled around and Niall and I thought it would be a good idea to stay. My uncle had ran out to pick up some McDonalds and "suggested" that Niall go with him. Meanwhile my out pulled me aside to speak to me.

"Adrienna, I'm so happy you're doing well and decided to come back, even if it's a day." She smiles. I look into her mocha eyes and see the sincerity in them.

"I'm so sorry I've been avoiding you guys for the past months. I was just angry and I thought my parents would be better off not caring about me." I sniff.

Aunt Janiene's face seems to change. I could see the wrinkles starting to set in around her eyes, making her seem wise, yet her forehead lines, show her worry and concern.

"Adri, your parents love you. They knew you had a good head on your shoulders, so they could willingly let you go, knowing that you would do great things for yourself." She places her hands on each one of my shoulders. "And they were right. Look at you, girl! You got into college in the UK, a full ride! You've met a nice gentleman, who looks like he loves you with all his Irish heart. You have done so well, and I'm proud of you. I'm sure your parents would be too."

By now I had tears in my eyes. Aunt Janien pulls me in for a hug.
"I love you, Auntie!" I cry hugging her back.

"I love you too, Adri." A few moments later we pull apart and I see that Aunt Janiene has tears in her eyes too. "Now go clean yourself up. Dinner should be here soon."

I nod, smile, then dash to the bathroom. I wipe my mascara tears from my face and blow my nose. Once I finish, I hear Uncle Teddy and Niall come through the front door. I run down the stairs and into Niall's arms. I plant a kiss on his soft pink lips.

"What was dat fer?" He asks, beaming again, once we pull away.

"For bringing me back home." I smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever, but I finally have time again to write! Plus my Niall muse is back. (Thank you tumblr)
But anywayz, I hope this chapter makes up for the months of nothingness.
Thank you for sticking with me and reading!
Comments? Subscribe if you haven't! And recommend please!
--Love, Domie. :3