Status: Active

The American Princess

Numbers

*The Next Day*

Kelsey and I had been eating cake for breakfast since we had run out of eggs because of Ted baking said cake. We were sitting in front of the tv in the living room watching the news. Nothing super exciting happened...unless you're Kelsey and you find rain exciting.

"Maybe Ted should cook more often." I say stuffing cake in my mouth.

"He can only bake cakes and order pizza." Kelsey says rolling her eyes.

"Damn!" I say as I finish my slice.

"Don't worry, he'll be back over tonight for Sunday dinner, but this time I'm cooking." She laughed. "You're free to invite anyone you want."

"Well I do have my childhood imaginary friend." I joke.

"When you start Uni tomorrow, you'll eventually have someone to bring over for Sunday dinners." Kelsey said taking our plates to the kitchen.

I get up and get my laptop and bring it back to the couch. I sign into twitter and send off a tweet to my followers.
"Enjoying London so far. Can't wait to start university tomorrow. #lovinglondon."

Kelsey's phone dinged as she walked back in the living room.
"Tweeting, huh?" She asks taking her place back beside me. She checked her phone and laughed. "Good. Now you must meet some people in order to experience everything."

I groaned because I've told Kelsey hundreds of times before that I'm not too fond of people. Yet she refuses to believe me.
"So what are you going to do with your life? Die old and alone?" She asks tilting her head.

"I'm not going to die old and alone!" I protest.

"It's okay, like I said, you'll find someone at school." Kelsey laughed as she scrolled through her twitter timeline. "Ooh, look!"

Kelsey showed me her phone and it was a tweet from Niall.
"Seen some great fans at Nandos. They have great taste in food and some beautiful faces! One was really pretty tho. ;)"

"So?" I ask.

"He's obviously talking about your face!"

I rolled my eyes.
"There were a lot of fans there last night. How would you know if he's talking about me?" I click on the amount of retweets. "All of these girls were also at Nandos!"

"Adri...he put a winky face. He winked at you!" She said throwing her hands up. "And he said 'one was really pretty'! One, Adri! And we know he winked at you!"

I took a pillow from the couch, put it over my face, and screamed into it.

"You love the idea." She said leaning back into the couch.

"No...I just feel embarrassed." I say.

Kelsey shook her head and walked into the kitchen. "You should start pampering up, dinner's in 3 hours."

I groan and head for the shower.
~~~~~~~

*Monday*

I had my first class in about 2 hours, but Kelsey had been rushing me. I only had one class today, so why is she the freaking out for? It was 8:00 and we had less than hour to get to campus. I had my criminal justice class and Kelsey had advanced physics and calculus II. I gave up those brain-murdering classes the second I stepped out of high school.

"Our classes are in buildings next to each other." Kelsey said. "My classes are back to back, so after your class you can go to the coffee shop. But if a barista asks you if you want an extra gift, don't accept it."

I wanted to ask why, but we were walking too fast for me to get words out. I checked my watch. 8:50.

Your building is on the left, 5th floor, 2nd class on the right." Kelsey said quickly. "See you at 12:30." And then she was gone into the other building.

I shake my head and run up into the building. Once I walk in, the professor came waltzing in.

"Ms. A. Hopkins?" He questioned. I turned around and was handed a packet of papers. "Welcome to my class, here's your assignments for the class. There will be an exam every 2 weeks on the material you've read. I hope you have the book. If not, I suggest you find one." The professor gave a meek smile and walked to his desk.

"Thanks..." i trail heading to an empty desk.

~~~~~~~

By 10:45, I arrived at the Coffee Hut. I ordered a mocha frappechino with a shot of expresso. I needed that because my crimal justice class killed my braincells. I grabbed a seat by a window and pulled out my textbook.
"Might as well get through this crap now." I mutter, pulling out a highlighter.

After 10 minutes of reading, I hear cheering. I look up to see Niall and Zayn again. The crowd parted for them and the crowd wasn't like the one at Nandos; they were quiet and polite. Zayn had on some faded jeans and a jacket. Niall had on a red snapback, a white polo shirt, some black sweat pants, and white hightop shoes. I didn't realize I was staring until Niall turned around and met my gaze.

I started to pick up my things and tried to pack it all up as fast as possible while Niall made his way over. I shoved my pens in my bag, grabbed my drink, and started towards the door.

"Wait!" I hear a voice call. "You with the-- er-- bag!"

I tried to speed up, but he was able to catch up and step right in front of me before I could get fully out the door.
"Sorry, but I have to go--" I start.

"You really have to leave so soon?" He asked.

He was adorable, I must admit, but he was famous and I was....well, me.
"Well no..., but..." I trail looking at the ground. Then I felt a finger lift my chin and I was forced to look into his eyes.

"I just want to know your name. You're beautiful and I want to take you out for a bit later." He seemed so confident, yet nevrous at the same time.

"Well, um...how about Wednesday? I don't have class that day." I say so hard not to studder.

Niall smiled and asked for a pen. I found one in my bag and then in less than 20 seconds, I had Niall's number on my arm.

Before we said our goodbyes, Niall stopped me again.
"I never did get your name."

I smile.
"Adrienna."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another chapter!
I hope you guyses really like the story so far. :D
Comments please?
Thanks for reading!!
--<3 Domie