Status: Active

The American Princess

No Say

Monday had rolled around again and I have a criminal justice exam that I forgot to study for because Niall would not let me go all weekend. We didn't do anything else sexual for the rest of the weekend, but we did cuddle and watch movies on his couch. Then yesterday, Louis had broght over Eleanor and we had a nice converstation as the boys went talking "business." Again, their words not mine.

So here I am, in Uni, waiting for the professor to walk in to give us an exam that I'm prepared to fail. Time passes ever so slowly. I look at my class mates' faces of annoyance or them sleep. Everyone was here and the bell had rang 10 minutes ago. All of a sudden, the president of the institution walked in.

"Professor Winchester has become ill and cannot come in today, so there will be no class today." She said and then walked out of the room. A smile spread across my lips as I send up a silent 'thank you' and I gather my things. I start making my way to the door, then my phone pings.

I pull it out and see it was a text message from Niall:
"We gotta talk w/ management. Call when ur done w/ class. xo"

I sigh and start dialling his number. I put the phone up to my ear and he answers on the second ring.

"Hey Adri...shouldn't you be in class right now?" He asks.

"Nope, the professor didn't show up." I say with a sigh. By now, I was on my way to the coffee hut to grab a cup of their strongest coffee. "So when do we need to see management?"

There was a brief pause and I could hear his breath quicken.
"As soon as you can get to my place, we'll go over t' the studio." He says a bit shaky.

"Do you know what they want to talk about?" I ask walking into the coffee hut.

"Yea..." He had trailed and had sounded nervous. I sigh and place my order.

"Ni, I'll be over there in 15 minutes and I want an answer by the time I get there." I say paying for my coffee. I hang up, grab my coffee, and walk out. I had a bit of anger rising in me. I know that this matter 'cause Niall only trails like that when he's nervous or when was serious and had to cancel plans we had.

I finally got a cab to stop for me and I hop in. I tell the cab driver where to go and she nods. I take a breath and sip my coffee, trying to control my nerves. I close my eyes and lean back with my breaths evening out.

'Calm down, Adri. You're gonna talk. They're not gonna try and change what you have with Niall...

I sigh and pull out my phone and text Niall.
"The cab's comin dwn ur street. Get outside. xo"

I sent it and then watch Niall walk out to the cab as it stops.

"Is he with you?" The driver asks.

"Yes." I say scooting over to make room for him. Niall hops in next to me and kisses my cheek. He then gives the cabby another address and promises to pay for the long ride.

The cab start to move and rode in silence. Niall kept trying to get me to look at him. I was sitting on the left side of the cab so I continues to look out of the window and drink my coffee.

"Adri?" He whimpers. "Adrienna, please look at me." I keep my eyes fixated outside. Soon I feel Niall run his hand over mine that was on the seat. He then picks up my hand and kisses it. "Adri?"

I sigh, feeling myself breaking, and look into his eyes.
"You know, you have me believing that something terrible's about to happen." I say trying not to completely break.

"The only reason I didn't say anything was because I donkt know how serious it is!" Niall says holding my hand with pleading eyes. "And I don't want you to worry."

I don't know what to say, so I just let Niall pull me close to him and we continue to ride in silence.
~~~~~

15 minutes later

We arrive at the studio, walking in hand-in-hand, smiling.

"Niall! Thank you for bringing in your--er special-- friend." A guy in a suit says.

"She my girlfriend, Adrienna." He says completely serious. I had butterflies in my stomach, but I had to keep my composure.

The business looking man nods while giving a fake smile.
"Right. Well we need to sit down and have a chat." He says turning around. I start to raise my middle finger, but Niall grabs my hand and shakes his head no, but not without a smile and chuckle.

We get to this big room, where it seems boardroom meetings take place. There were 2 other business looking men on one side of the table and open chairs on the other side of the table.

"Have a seat." Mr. Bigshot said. Niall pulled out a chair for me before taking the seat on the right side of me. I was watching the line of bigshots sit and judge us. After some time, the silence was broken by Bigshot number 2.

"Can we get some insight on these?" He asks placing the two pictures from the news on the table.

"What exactly is the problem with that?" Niall asks getting defensive. "She's me girlfriend. You never get on Liam, Zayn, or Louis 'bout it!"

The other 2 bigshots squirm in their seats, but number 1 stayed chills.
"You see Niall, you've been linked with Demi and we think this will be a good push for the both of you." He said oh-so-calmly.

I scrunch up my nose and brows then opened my mouth to speak, but Niall beat me to the punch.
"Look, Carl. Demi has sidelined me for mont's now. I'm tired of the stringin' along!" He said angrily. "And Adrienna is giving me attention without all of the games."

Niall interlocks our fingers with a squeeze and I turn to look at him.

"Niall, can we just back up a little?" Carl asks.

"No!" I yell. I shocked the bigshots, Niall, and even myself! "Niall has been deserving of being someone who is good to him, and he seized an opportunity to make himself happy."

All eyes were still on me after 2 mintues.
"I'm sorry, Ms. Adrienna. You don't get a say in the matter--"

"Then why the hell was asked to be here?!" I ask angrily.

"We thought it'd be easier if you were here." Carl said trying to look sincere.
I was speechless yet angry. My eyes stung with tears threatening to fall, yet I made eye contact with all of management.

"I'm sorry you guys get off by telling a person they don't get their shot at happiness for publicity reasons!" I say with hurt hanging off every word. I pick up my things and leave out the way I came.

"Adri!" Niall yelled after me. "Come back, love!"
I started to hail a cab, but Niall came up from behind me and pulled me away from the curb. He hugges me into his chest and kissed my forehead. I let my tears fall and snot starts running. I know I'm messing up his shirt, but he held me there.

We stood in the middle of the pavement for 10 minutes until I finally stopped. I take a step back and look up to see Niall's eyes red and puffy. We say nothing to each other, but our eyes said everything. We interlock fingers again and take a walk to the nearest ice creamery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for getting this out yesterday, but I went to a college visit and had homecoming. Also, I have nothing against management or Demi Lovato (she actually my girl crush).
I hope you like the chapter. Keep giving me feedback, I wanna know what you people think! :)
Thanks for reading!!
--Love, Domie.