Status: Oneshot//Completed

Mascara and Eyeliner

001

”Louis hates girls who wear all that eyeliner garbage,” Harry said matter-of-factly as he watched me slowly apply my mascara before wiping it all off, too much. “But personally I think it’s sexy.” He continued, wiggling his eyebrows at me as I studied myself in the mirror then signed, not enough, my eyes wouldn’t pop out at all if I went out like this.

“Relax you look fine. It’s not like you’re going on a date with anything of them.” Harry told me as I forced myself to calm down, he was right; I wasn’t going on a date with any of them, only because the four others took it upon themselves to act as my goddamn brothers, which meant that everyone was off-limits, yes including their band mates.

“I hope I’m not under dressed,” I mumbled back, I mean how were you supposed to be dressed when you were going out as friends with a decently famous boy band? I was dressed casually, a nice pair of jeans, a cute shirt with appropriate sweater, a simple pair of flats and my pair of owl earrings that I never went without.

“You’re as under dressed as I am love,” Harry replied a smile breaking out across my face. His good moods were infectious, I snuck a peek at his outfit, it was the same old Harry, an old pair of now cleaned jeans and a button up top, it was predictable. From my pocket I felt my phone buzz, I reached for it then stopped when I saw Harry reach into his side pocket and pull out his shiny cell phone before hitting a button and chuckling.

“Gonna share what’s so funny?” I asked as I nudged Harry as he looked up at me, his green eyes sparkling as his signature grin spread across his face.

“It’s nothing,” He started shrugging and sliding his phone back into his pocket nonchalantly, “just a certain Tomlinson wanting to know what’s taking us so long.” I nodded my head as the words set in; hiding the excitement that I knew Harry would tease me about and then blurt it out at the first chance he got.

“Well, if someone had been ready when I came to pick them up we wouldn’t be late,” I shot back as Harry stuck his tongue out at me, it was true we were running late because when I had run down the flight of stairs to Harry’s flat, which was a whole floor, and eighteen steps below mine he hadn’t even begun to get ready.

“Don’t be blaming me for this, the blokes weren’t specific until after we were late.” He replied as he checked his phone again before shoving it back into his pocket and eying me warily as I rubbed my eye and hoped I hadn’t smudged my eye shadow too much. My phone buzzed again, this time I took it out of my pocket, ignoring Harry’s all-knowing smirk and scanned through my texts, both were- not surprisingly- from Louis who had become my texting buddy, because it was the one thing the boys couldn’t limit.

Louis Tomlinson
6:12PM
where are you guys. Y so late?


That must’ve been the text that Harry had gotten as well, and he had replied, so no use replying to that.

Louis Tomlinson
6:17PM
Ignoring me luv? I’m heartbroken :’(


I smiled at the text, feeling my face go red as Harry raised an eyebrow at me.

“You know, you’re not allowed to have him. Larry Stylinson will live on.” He said plainly, I shook off the comment and answered Louis’ text.

6:19
no silly, getting harassed by Harry, your too special to ignore :)


It was a typical text message, friendly but borderline flirty.

“That’s nice because I don’t want him,” I lied, slipping my phone back into my pocket and falling back into step with Harry who gave me a knowing smile as we stopped to cross the street.

“If Zayn and Niall can figure it out that just means that everyone else who’s less dense has already figured it out, myself included. So why don’t you just ask him out luv?” He said it casually as if it wasn’t a big deal, as if I was a male and Louis was the scared female. Why didn’t I ask him out? That was a stupid question, I didn’t ask him out because I was the girl he was supposed to ask me out not the other way around! When I didn’t answer Harry looked at me, eyebrow raised “Stupid question?” He asked and I didn’t reply. As Harry had said weeks ago, I wore too much “eye garbage” for Louis to even me a second look.

“Come on the lights green.” I told him, and started to walk, making Harry half jog after me. My phone buzzed halfway across the intersection, but since we were only a block away from the restaurant the boys had picked out it would be easier to not answer and wait until we were there. Plus that would practically guarantee me a conversation with Louis, even the thought of that just made me weak in the knees.

“What did I do? Did I make you mad?” Harry asked as we walked across the street, some prick honking his horn as we hurried along, I refused to answer him after he pressed such a stupid idea on me. I turned right once we reached the sidewalk again and walked down the street, looking at the buildings for the restaurant that Niall had picked. “Are you mad at me because I suggested you ask out someone?” He pressed on.

“No I’m not.” I replied shortly as Harry pulled me to a stop by grabbing my arm gently.

“The place is right here love, there’s no need to hurry on down the road.” He chuckled lightly before letting go of me once I nodded my head, only half listening to him and following him inside the building. It was nice inside, for a Nando’s at least. “There they are!” Harry said pointing to a corner booth that had a delicious smell wafting from it.

“There you guys are!” Liam exclaimed spotting us, while both Niall and Zayn’s faces were being stuffed with food then before I knew what was happening both Liam and Louis had rushed and thrown their arms around me in a hug.

“I don’t get one?” Harry said mournfully as he put on a sad face making me giggle into Louis.

“Louis was worried and wouldn’t allow me to eat until he made sure you were both safe.” Liam told me in a matter-of factly tone as withdrew from his hug, leaving me to hug Louis, which I had no complaints about.

“Actually, it was to make sure that you were safe.” Louis told me with a smile as I grinned before looking down, hoping he hadn’t taken the opportunity to see all the eye makeup he hated on me. It was like an addiction though, no matter how much someone hated it, even if everyone hated it. I wouldn’t, couldn’t just stop wearing it. It was like trying to get someone to just cold turkey smoking. Not impossible, but hard to do. “Harry could fend for himself.” He finished sticking out his tongue before giving me a proper hug and pulling away but still leaving an arm around my waist, making my face go red.

“I’m glad I’m cared about.” Harry huffed then gave me a knowing smirk when he saw my red face. “So Louis.” He started in a tone that made my throat sink into my stomach as I pulled myself away from Louis and sat down in the booth, sliding all the way down finding myself face to face with Niall.

“Hi Nialler, enjoying the Nando’s?” He paused for a second then nodded his head and began to eat again, this was about as friendly as Niall got when there was food in the vicinity. Zayn on the other hand, he was always quiet, so it was almost better to leave it until he spoke to you.

“Move over.” Louis said as he sat down next to me and squished up against me to make room for Harry where Liam scowled at me and was forced to take a seat next to Zayn.

“You stole my spot!” He told me as I shrugged.

“Guess you should’ve been faster.”

“I hope you don’t mind, since you guys were taking so long, we ordered food for you, since we all know what Harry will eat.” Louis said as he watched my expression carefully, he was starting to ramble, it was adorable.

“Louis ordered you food and he’s being a twat and isn’t sure if you’ll like it, so if you don’t he’ll switch dishes with you.” Liam blurted earning a death stare from Louis as a blush creeped up his cheeks while a snicker echoed around the table, mostly from Harry and Liam.

“I’m sure I’ll like it, but thank you Louis, I appreciate it.” I replied gingerly as I looked at the food in front of me.

“It’s not a problem,” He replied in a quiet tone, “that’s yours in front of you.” I shot him a smile, which he returned as I picked up a fork and pulled my plate closer to me, it smelled delicious. I felt my phone buzz right as I was about to take a bite, knowing that it could only be a handful of people I quickly put my fork down and slid it out of my pocket, shooting a glance at it under the table.

Louis Tomlinson
7:05 PM
You don’t like what I ordered you :’(
Sorry about my mates. They think their funny…


I giggled out loud at the text as I put my phone back down and picked up my fork. I was hungry, Harry’s laziness had caught up with my stomach and the rather large salad looked appetizing. Stabbing some of the salad with my fork and popping it into my mouth, it tasted just as good as I looked.

“Louis, this taste’s fantastic, good choice,” I said as I swallowed the mouthful, making the boys chuckle.

“I’m glad you like it.” He mumbled back through his hair, his face turning red, I pretended not to notice and instead took a few more bites of my salad, right on cue my phone buzzed. I looked down at my lap and hit the button to view message.

Nialler
7:07 PM
Just ask her mate! You need a bird
Plus she’s cut back on the eye goop!

I stared at the phone in shock, so that was why he wouldn’t ask me out, because I had too much fucking goop on. Unbelievable.

“Oh man,” Niall muttered, he probably took a second glance at his phone and realized his mistake.

“Excuse me,” I stood up, both Louis and Harry inching out of my way as I squeezed through and bolted for the doors, practically throwing my phone onto the table on the way out.

“What was that?” Zayn asked, taking notice of the situation as I walked out the doors.

“I fucked up,” Niall said in a small voice as the door slammed behind me, it was raining outside, pouring was a more accurate word and even with the sweater I was wearing I was soaked within seconds. I continued down the street back towards my flat, hoping that one of the many red double decker buses that littered the city would happen to travel down the road and I’d catch that, saving myself from the rain.

I had no such luck.

I continued down the street, ignoring the looks I got from the many people walking safely under there umbrella’, my mascara probably run, giving me the appearance of a brown haired raccoon since it was by no means waterproof.

As I reached the light that me and Harry had crossed just a mere forty-five minutes earlier I was able to cross quickly.

“Wait!” Louis yelled as I kicked off my flats and quickly picked them up before breaking into a sprint, he was an athlete but I had a huge head start on him, he wouldn’t catch me. I could feel the raindrops pelting me as I ran and the wind in my face, and lungs felt like they were going to explode. I started to slow down and got in the nearest door I could, the entire street down was the complex that I lived in, so I wouldn’t need to be outside any longer. I carried my shoes into the building and jogged up the flight of stairs to the third floor and watching the numbers slowly increase to 274.

“I’m glad I caught up to you.” A voice said behind me, I whipped around and saw Louis drenched, his hair plastered to his face just like mine was, but very much standing in front of me. I stared at him for a minute. “Niall didn’t mean what he said.” I took out my key card and slid it through the door, watching the little red light turn green and twisted the knob and pushing my door open, I turned away from him and threw my shoes into my flat.

“I was planning to ask you if you wanted to go for coffee or whatever sometime, I just didn’t want the boys breathing down my neck, or yours when I did it.” I mentally scoffed at him; I thought I wore too much eye goop for him. “I’m serious damnit!” He snapped, his blue eyes flashing with anger. “I don’t care what Niall said about the eye garbage, I don’t care about that.”

“Then why’d Harry tell me that you hated girls who wore it.” I said in a small voice, as he threw his arms up in anguish.

“I don’t know, because the four of them have been going tooth and nail against the idea of this.” He said “this relationship, or whatever you wanted.” He finished watching my face carefully as I sighed; the hallway wasn’t the place to be having a conversation like this.

“Get inside,” I gestured to the door and Louis obeyed as I followed him and slammed the door behind me and stared at him, even sopping wet, his normally neatly styled hair that was everywhere, he looked breathtaking.

“You looked good.” He said shortly as I fumed at him, looked that was so nice and thoughtful of him. Then swiftly closed the space between us and pulled me against him and forcing his lips to mine. They were soft and wonderful and as I relaxed the kiss was perfect, I pulled away after a second looking down. “Love, listen to me, I don’t care what Niall or Harry says, and you shouldn’t either, they don’t know anything about what I like in woman, although Harry thinks he does. I don’t mind the eye goop, but that.” He paused for a moment, clearing his throat and struggling to find the words. “but that, I think would be best if you cleaned that up.” I let out a long peeling laugh at his words before giving him a hug and trying to clean as much as I could off my face onto Louis’ shirt. He laughed at my attempt and held me tighter making me struggle to move under his grip.

“Fine, I’m going to draw on your face next time I catch you sleeping.” I teased as he lifted me up and carried me through my flat.

“Trust me, I’m not going to be the one sleeping,” he replied with a devilish smirk that made my knees weak. I put my face against his and stared into his blue eyes, the pupils dilating.

“We shall see about that.” Was my reply
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Con/crit?

Please and thank you.