Miss Miracle

KAZAAM!

Walking down the street is a girl on the cusp of adulthood. At seventeen years of age she is called young adult but still revered as a child. Her blonde hair sways in the wind with blue eyes piecing the street. Not that this matters as she kicks a cobblestone into the broken and cracked street. She lives in hell. The point where the cops drive down simply to clean up crime scenes. 

Unfortunately for her she is the prettiest girl in her neighborhood. To be special besides that which defines mental handicap is a curse. If you are smart you work in the labs, of you are strong you are hired muscle, if you are beautiful you are a whore or you are raped. It is not natural nor is it correct. It simply is the natural way of 55th street and Park. 

She walks by the local gang members. They have always treated her kindly and with respect. Until now. 

She nods as she passes until the leader of the group called Buycher stops her. He runs a greasy white hand through his neon green spiked Mohawk. "Not so fast honey. You know the cost to cross." he tells her. 

"Not tonight Buycher, I'm late getting home." she tells him while crossing her tattooed arms. "Tell you what if you let me go tonight I'll come over tomorrow and give you the best BJ you ever had." Some nights he is tougher to deal with than others, he would forget he always did. 

She attempts to pass but Buycher grabs her by the back of her hair and yanks her back to him. "Not tonight? Hell yes tonight Mary. I really need the touch of a woman and guess what? You're the closest thing to it. So get in the alley and put out!" he yells as he throws her into the Alley of No Return. 

The girl named Mary falls, scraping her knees and an elbow. She looks up and crawls back only to hit a wall. 

"Please Buycher no!" she begs as tears spring from her eyes and roll down her cheeks. 

Buycher ignores her as he grabs his switchblade and cuts her clothes off. She fidgets too much and impales herself on the blade. Buycher takes no notice as he doe what he wants with her. He finishes quickly and leaves her there to die in the alley.  

She looks to the sky, her blood pumping out her wound. "I don't wanna go. Please don't make me leave." she says to no one. 

"You don't have to my dear." a voice  tells her. 

She looks over in the directions where it came from. There stands a man in a dark brown leather trench coat. His face is hidden by a wide tipped brown fedora, a cigarette is upon his lips. 

"I hope you do not mind if I smoke, but the state your in I am not sure you would have a personal preference." he tells her in a stiff British accent while walking over and crouching down next to her. 

"Help me, please." she begs. 

"I cannot. However I can give you tools to survive. That is why I am here. To take part in your ascension." 

He starts to go through his coat. Mary feels herself starting to pass from this life. She needs him to hurry. 

"Now where did I put that confounded business card? Ah hah! There is the little bugger." he exclaims while pulling out a small business card. He puts it into her hand. 

"Now just say the word on the card. Or you can bleed out. Your choice." he tells her while returning to a standing position. 

Mary looks at the card, musters up enough strength to utter the word on the card. "Kazaam."

A bolt of lighting roars from the heavens and strikes her. It travels through her and electrifies her. She rises to her feet, healed, renewed, she is born again. 

Her body is covered in a blue costume with a yellow stripe across the chest. It cuts off above her legs while covering enough to not show anything off. On her feet are yellow boots along with tellow gloves on her hands. A long yellow cape billows behind her. 

She looks at the stranger. He applauds her. 

"Well done. Now poppet it's time to die." he tells her as he pulls his hat off to reveal a skull for a face. 

Mary looks in horror. Veins run through the skull still, randomly opening here and there leaving it in a perpetual state of bleeding. It's eyes are black with a bright green iris. It looks hungrily at her. 

"Oh Lordy you have no idea what it's like to eat an immortal!" it yells, the accent changing slowly to American. 

"I bet it's rather unsatisfying." a voice from above speaks. 

Mary looks up, there are three entities similar to her. Two women and a man. The man flies down, his hair dark as pitch and eyes green as emeralds. His pale skin could be used as a flashlight on a dark night to light the way. He was young barely older than Mary, barely over seventeen. 

The man floats down to Mary. The skeleton sneers and jumps at him. Claws shooting out of gloved hands. The man flicked the skeleton. It flew back and became a pile of bones and dust. The man flew over and picked up the fedora. 

"Niles will be missing this. Come with us." he told Mary while extending a hand. 

Mary slowly extended a hand and grasped his. She felt herself rising into the air. She looked down and saw she was flying.  She starts to laugh with joy. She ascends higher into the air following the group of three. The man lets go of her hand, she is as to fly by herself. 

She flies higher and higher. She goes so high that the man has to bring her down so they can land on a small island. 

Mary frowns when they land. She wants to keep flying. Not be stranded on some island out in the middle of nowhere. There is a small shack in front of them. It is in need of serious renovation, half of the roof is caved in, the paint is falling off in strips, and every window is broken. The door is an oddity as it looks like it should be a part of a military base. It is steel studded titanium with a complex bio identification lock. 

Mary watches while the man scans his palm on a pad. The door opened allowing the four of them through. Mary followed behind them. In the shack amongst the broken glass and pieces of roof there is four oval shaped rugs. Each member steps on one. Mary follows suit. When she does the rug opens to reveal a chute, Mary hangs in air for a second before falling down. 

She screams like a person on a rollarcoaster. Full of terror and adrenaline as she plummets to the bottom. She twists and turns before being thrown out and onto the ground in front of a bunch of people either wearing G-Man suits, lab coats, or a costume like hers. Some look at her and mutter things like "newbie" and "rookie". 

The man she had been with for her trip here floats down with a smile on his face. 

"Welcome to BASA Mary."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this. No this isnt a AU version of Captain Marvel. It is all original. Anyway I hope you liked it and will keep on reading.