Miss Miracle

The Reckoning

"What the hell you talkin bout?" Mary yells, her lower class accent springing up. "What in da hell is BASA? An' how you know who I am fool?" 

The man floats down to her. "BASA, Bureau of Augmented Superhuman Association. As for who I am, I am Fantasma."

"Yea and I'm Miss Miracle." 

"Interesting. Most people wait before picking a name. Computer lock and log the new Immortal as Miss Miracle."

Mary face palmed. She had no idea what was going on. Apparently she was an Immortal known as Miss Miracle. She felt a palm on her shoulder. She looked up, there was Fantasma. Acting like he knew her, like he knew what she was going through. 

"Hey now, it's confusing but perk up soldier." he told her with a bright and chipper tone. "Besides it's time to meet Niles and he hates it when people are sad."

Mary scoffed and followed him on foot to meet this Niles person. As she walks she notices all the little things about the base. A training room where a person dressed similarly to her rips the head off a robot without much trouble. A scientist working on an experiment that resolves in an explosion. A janitor cleaning the chrome surfaces and tiles floors spotless. Soon these interesting sights slip away and Mary approaches a the door to an office. The door has an oblique sheet of glass with the name Niles printed on the door. Underneath it it says Head of BASA Planning and Organization. 

Fantasma knocks on the door, someone yells for them to come in. Fantasma holds the door open for Mary as she walks through. She utters a quite thank you. 

The office is small and cramped. Boxes of files stacked precariously in piles taller than her. Looking like a breath will knock them over. The walls are gray with a handful of posters as pictures hung up. In the corner of a room is a play area for a toddler. Green army men, letter blocks, and other assorted toys litter the small area. 

A man huddles over a desk set in between two large stacks of files. He writes slowly and methodically. Crafting each letter like it is a work of art, each little detail must be polished and smooth. He puts the fountain pen he had been writing with down after screwing the cap back on. 

"Hello Mary my name is Niles. It is a pleasure to meet you." Niles tells her in the exact same English accent the skeleton had used to trick her. She hunches over defensively enabling her to make her escape if she is forced to. 

"I'm not a bleedin' skeleton. I've never met an immortal with a stick so far stuck up her arse." Niles told her while snapping his fingers to tell Fantasma to give him his hat back. 

Fantasma hands Niles his fedora to which it is immediately placed upon his head. Mary is furious now, she had a stick stuck up her ass? She had been raped, stabbed, and nearly assaulted by a skeleton. 

"What's my problem? I'd ask ya the same ya god damn English fag!" she tells as she lurches forward and brigs her fists down on the table; cracking it in half. She looks down and steps back, realizing she's a bit stronger than she was earlier today. 

"Bout time you got angry lass. It'll be bangers and mash around here till then." Niles said while standing up and opening the door. "Oy Fantasma go be with that boyfriend of yours. Who was it? Oh right Scott. Tell him the lady and I want the two of you over to the old house again sometime." 

Mary stared at Fantasma. He was gay? Fantasma smiled and flew off. Mary's jaw was on the floor. 

"Oy, what choo gawking about?" Niles asked, his accent seemed to change every time he spoke. 

"He a faggot?" Mary asked him, her eyes still bulging out of her head. 

"I believe he prefers the term Homosexual Superious or some balmy scientific term. If I see a single comment or action that could be regarded as degrading I will unzip you. Let's just say that's not the most pleasant thing you ever will go through." Niles told her while they explored the lab.  

Mary rolled her eyes at the homosexual equality speech. She didn't hate them she just was tired of hearing speeches about how labels are bad. Labels are a part of society, athletes are jocks, people who cut themselves are emo, and so on and so forth. She never meant disrespect, she just had to call them by something. If someone were to call her a low class piece of white trash she would accept it, maybe not agree to it, but that's what society labeled her as and they could go screw themselves. A name is just a name. 

"Is your epiphany over or should I wait longer?" Niles asked her while shaking her back to the current situation. 

Mary glared at Niles as he began to talk about the facility. The wonder that she had held early was forgotten as she tried not to pass out from Niles boring description of the facility. Mary walked along and nodded pretending to actually care about what he was talking about. 

"And now time for the power analyzer." Niles said to Mary while kicking Mary into a room. 

Mary squeaked as he did, stumbling into a room and falling to the ground. Flying and super strength but no sense of coordination? What good was that bolt of lighting?" she thought while standing up, her vision going red as two streams of light pounded into the steel door that slammed down in front of her.

"Let me out!" she roared, she'd gone along with them for as long as se wanted to. Now they had gone too far. She walked up and began to punch the door. She couldn't make a dent in it as loud echos from the force of impact were left after each punch. 

She looked around, there was Niles with his crooked English smile. Mary slammed her fists into the glass. 

"Let me out!" she screamed. 

"Not until you get scanned by that." he told her while pointing. 

Mary turned. The room was empty, she turned back to Niles. "What the f..." was all she got out before something hooked around her. 

Long mechanical wires wrapped around her. They were thicker and more durable to her as a steel cable is to a normal person. She yanks and pulls and tries to get out. Nothing happens. The cables hold her tight. Two claws appear from the tangle of cables and open in close in front of her. 

Niles waves to her before speaking. "This may hurt a bit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Weird chapter. But this is what the story is going to be like, very weird. Future things do include, Angels, dracoids, the IRS, another superhero team, Fantasmas lover, and a variety of other wonderful things.