Status: On Hold

Sink or Swim

Leaving for a Reason

A short blonde girl stood next to her mom near security check in the airport. Her jeans ripped in certain places and a giraffe with a pair of black thick rimmed glasses on its face. She had on her favorite pair of white vans that she saved up for, for two months. She knew she had to hurry up and leave but the thought of leaving her mother behind almost brought her to tears. Even though she knew her mom had her boyfriend to take care of her she still couldn’t bring herself to leaving her. They lived alone together in a small apartment since she was 7 when her father left them for another woman. She hasn’t been able to find him since. To her, he is dead and it gives her a sense of comfort instead of the pain she felt as a child.

“Do you have everything you need packed up?” the blondes mother asked. The daughter nodded and smiled.

“I’ll be fine mom, I promise. This is going to bring in a lot of money. I’ll wire half of it to your account every week.” The younger girl smiled and pulled her mother into a hug. “Just try to find another job while I’m gone so we can save up for a new place.”

The girl’s mother pulled away and faked a smiled. “Emma, you know I have been trying for months now.”

“I know mom but, the only reason why I am taking this nanny job is to make sure we are fed, clothed, and have a roof over our heads.” She sighed and looked at her bright yellow watch for the time. Her flight is going to leave in 45 minutes. “I have to go now…” Emma trailed off.

Her mother brought her into another big hug and pulled away after kissing her forehead. “I love you.” She said giving Emma a weak smile.

“I love you too mom.” Emma said walking backwards to security check.

Her mother stood there until Emma had finished and started to put on her shoes. Her eyes began to tear up as she took more steps away from her mom. She turned around quickly to wave back but her mom was gone. Emma was finally alone to have a 6 hour plane ride to London, England. She stood in the spot facing where her mother once stood and took a deep breath. ‘I can do this’ she thought to herself.

She walked towards the boarding area looking around at all the gift shops and food places. She didn’t have much money to get herself something to eat or drink so instead she took a seat and read a book one of her acquaintances lent her for her trip. It was a Stephen King novel, his first one, Carrie. It was a few minutes later that her plane was called for boarding, first class first then the coach. Her new boss bought her the ticket so it was first class.

Emma got up and walked over to the people boarding the plane in suits and fancy dresses. When Emma was next in line, the woman checking her ticket looked confused. She had shrugged it off and handed back her ticket. She walked towards the plane not looking back. Once stepping onto the plane she notice how nice first class looked. The chairs looked over stuffed and comfortable with cup holders. Once she had settled into her seat she buckled up. The plane took off and within a few minutes the blonde girl was asleep.

When the plane landed, Emma got off the plane and walked to where she was supposed to meet people. The email had said she would be there with the kid holding up her name. She searched the people and stood there like an idiot. She started to twist her earring. That is what she always did when she was nervous. The crowd cleared and a blonde skinny woman with a little blonde girl sitting on her hip stood there holding up a sign that said Alscott.

Emma smiled and made her way over to the two people. “I’m Emma Alscott.” She said holding out her hand. The woman smiled and took it giving it a quick hand shake. She dropped it and put the little girl down.

“Hello Emma, it’s really nice to meet you. I’m Lou, and this is Lux.” Emma smiled and squatted on the floor to be eye to eye to the blonde haired baby girl.

“Hi Lux, I’m Emma, your new nanny.” She held out her hand for a high five and Lux decided to grab a few of Emma’s fingers instead and gave them a shake. Emma laughed a bit and stood back up. “She is adorable.” She admitted.

“Thank you.” Lou smiled. Lux was attached to her mother’s leg and Lou laughed and shook her leg away from her child’s chubby baby hands. “Alright so, it’s basically you babysitting any normal child. Except, she is sort of famous, to some girls.” Emma gave her a confused expression. “Oh, that’s right, I never told you…” Lou leaned in closer. “I’m a stylist for the boy band One Direction. So their fans get a little crazy. You need to be her body guard in a way…” Lou trailed off looking up and down at Emma. Sure Emma was a fragile looking thing but she would make sure nothing would happen to baby Lux.

“Don’t worry; I can take the screaming fans.” Emma smiled. Lux gave out a small laugh and took a few steps towards Emma. She looked down at her and made a face. Lux laughed and walked back to hide behind her mother’s leg.

“Alright, well we have to hurry before the plane leaves without us!” Lou started walking away as Lux tried to mover her little chubby legs after her. I bent down and scooped her up and fell into step with Lou.

“Where are we going exactly?” Emma asked. Lux leaned into Emma getting comfortable. Her head had found the perfect spot on Emma’s shoulder.

“Australia.” Lou simply stated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to have two stories going on. If I get a bunch of subscribers and comments I'll post chapter 2.
Don't forget to check out my other story, Steal My Heart Tonight
* * *
Comment & Subscribe
xx