Anything for Mauricio

The rude phone call

"Today is Carnival! Wake up, Iara! C'mon let's get ready!!" my little cousin, Bruna said.
"No.. It's too early, Carnival isn't for another few hours. Go back to sleep." I said sleepily. She looked at me and smiled.
"Two hours? Okay!" she said as she ran off. I looked at Mauricio, he was trying to get off of the bed, I guess that's my cue to get up. I walked into the kitchen and smelled my favorite breakfast- coffee with milk, french bread and butter, with Fuba cake warm with butter, papaya, juice, and oranges,
yum! I greeted my Uncle Lucas again, and asked where my father was.
"He's in the United States. He found work there but he'll come back soon. Here, sit and eat with your family!" Uncle Lucas said, pointing to a spot that was empty. I sat and spoke to Anna.
"Anna! How's Luisa doing?" I asked, but I forgot that she doesn't like speaking English in the morning, it takes her a while to think of a reply, so we spoke Portuguese. After a while we finished eating and got ready for Carnival. While I was getting ready, Aren called me.
"Hello?" I said.
"Oh, so you left the United States thinking I wouldn't find out? Ha, nice try. I promise that you'll regret leaving Brazil when you get back, because when you do come back, I'll be waiting. I'll make your life miserable, you'll regret meeting me, you'll regret taking Mauricio to Brazil! We have a court day Tuesday, remember? I'll get Mauricio, trust me. Bye." and with that, Aren hung up. What the what?