Status: new; active

Shield Me From the Storms

First Kisses

I couldn't describe the relief I felt when Dani wrapped his arms around me and everything was right again. I had been so afraid I screwed up I felt sick to my stomach all morning. Sophia showed up moments after our hug, officially ending our moment with her loud personality. She rambled on and on about drama club, all the ideas running through her head. I paid attention... sort of. My mind was more focused on my hold on Dani, how his body fit mine so perfectly. It reminded me a bit of the last two puzzle pieces to a jigsaw and how they completed the picture you had worked so hard see.
The bell rang, interrupting Sophia's rant and saving our ears. Soph glared at the ceiling, but nevertheless stopped talking long enough for us to start walking to our first class. Dani gave me this exasperated look, causing me to chuckle. Of course, Sophia had no idea that we were laughing at her, she assumed it was directed at what she was talking about. We just shook our heads and rolled with it.

**

“Why do they insist on serving crap for lunch?” I mumbled, dropping my floppy chicken nuggets onto my tray with a disgusted look on my face.
“To cause you misery,” Sophia declared, sipping at her soy milk and smugly eating the PB and J she packed herself.
I tried to get the nasty aftertaste out of my mouth by drinking some of the apple juice, but only came up with a different type of aftertaste. When I checked the date on the back of the juice box, I realized why and threw away my entire lunch before I threw up all over it. Hell, that would improve the taste and quality.
Just as I was sitting back down, Dani sat next to Sophia with his own lunchbox. He opened it and pulled out a cold slice of cheese pizza, some broccoli and ranch, and a juice box.
“You're packing lunch now too?” I asked in disbelief.
He looked up at me with the most serious face I've ever seen. “I've learned my lesson with the school lunch,” and cracked a smile. Sophia giggled.
Choosing to ignore them, I changed the subject. “I don't have practice tonight, so I was wondering if you wanted to go to the park with me Dani.”
His cheeks flushed and he looked up at me with those lapis lazuli eyes. “Sure.”
I smiled in triumph.
“Aww, Josh you never ask me out anymore.” Sophia complained with a hint of teasing in her tone.
“You're just not as tight anymore.” I boldly stated and both of my friends' jaws hit the floor. Sophia out of laughter and Dani out of complete shock.
Between fits of muffled laughter, Sophia scolded me. “Joshua Thomas Ivans.... you disgusting.... I can't believe you would.... Dani's poor virgin ears...”
I shrugged shamelessly and stood up to leave, flashing my friends a cheeky smile. We walked to class together, Sophia still fighting laughter. I looked over at Dani, his cheeks flushed pink.What I would pay to know what he was thinking right now.
When we were situated in class and Sophia was distracted by her phone, I leaned over to Dani. “You know I was just crudely joking with Sophia, right?”
He smiled, slightly embarrassed. “I assumed that, yes.”
“Good. She's not really my type. I tend to like blue eyed, brunette boys.”
He exaggerated a glance at Sophia. “Yeah... she's definitely not your type.” And flashed me a cheesy smile.
I kissed him lightly on the cheek when the teacher wasn't looking and whispered in his ear, “Still wanna go to the park with me after school?”
The corners of his mouth lifted. That was my answer.

**

I stuffed my hands in my sweater pockets after knocking on Dani's door, it was a little chilly now that the fall season was closing in with a vengeance. After a few seconds, the door whipped open to reveal my adorable boyfriend. He was swaddled in a red zip up hoodie, a beanie to cover his ears, and white knitted mittens.
“Aren't you prepared?” I teased him, feeling a little dumb with just a sweater to keep me warm.
He shrugged. “Not a fan of the cold.”
“You sure you want to go out? We could stay in, watch movies.”
He shook his head. “No, I need to get out of the house for a little bit.”
I took his mittened hand. “Okay.”
We walked to the park in a comfortable silence, simply holding hands and appreciating the view of our small town. Despite the cold, several people were out in and about, carrying on daily routines. It was crazy to think in just little under a year, I might be away for college. I won't see Mr. Ned washing his store windows, or Holly sweeping her porch like it has the plague, heck would I even see Dani? I looked over at my boyfriend, his nose red from the cold. I smiled and shook such thoughts from my head. We'll handle it when we get there.
The grass was freshly cut, probably for the last time before the snow starts to fall. All the trees had lost their leaves, big piles of brown and orange decay littered the park, waiting to be put in bags and trucked away. We cut through the childrens' play area to our spot by the pond. I sat down, Dani between my legs as we watched a few swans float around in the water. Crazy birds, I'd be freezing my tail off.
“How was your day?” I asked quietly, wrapping my arms tighter around him and burying my nose in his soft hair. A feeling of euphoria filled me just being close to him, my chest felt heavy, while my stomach fluttered with butterflies.
“It was good,” he said while leaning into my chest, tilting his chin to look up at me. I met his eyes and kissed him lightly on the mouth.
It was silent for a little bit as we simply enjoyed each other's company. Dani shifted in my arms, turning to look at me. He had an odd look on his face, like he was extremely uncomfortable. Honestly, it kind of reminded me of someone who's constipated.
“I've been thinking about what you said to Sophia today...”
“It was a joke.”
“I know, but it just got me wondering,” he swallowed thickly. Seriously, I heard the gulp. “Have you ever... you know, had sex?”
My eyes widened. I was taken aback by the question, but I figured he must have a pretty good reason for asking. “No, I haven't. I've never really been close to anyone before to get that far. I mean... I've received and given blowjobs before.”
He flinched at the word, his cheeks flushing bright pink.
“I'm going to assume you haven't?” I asked lightly, a small encouraging smile on my face.
He shook his head. “To be honest, you were my second kiss and my first... make out.”
I leaned back. “Who was your first kiss?”
This embarrassed smile crept onto his face. “To be honest? My cousin. She was a year older than me and we were six. She wanted to know what it was like to kiss someone. I was the only one willing to give it a try.” He paused, remembering. “I think that's when I discovered I didn't like girls.”
I laughed. “That's kind of adorable.”
“Who was yours?”
“To be honest? Sophia.” I noticed his eyes widen a little. “We've been friends since diapers. Of course, Soph initiated it. It was kinda gross. She slobbered all over me.”
He giggled. “How old were you?”
I shrugged. “Somewhere between six and eight.”
After a moment, he asked me another, much more appalling question. “So... what's a blowjob feel like?”
“Is it 21 questions today?” I teased him, but he just stared at me expectantly. “Well... I don't know. It's hard to explain something to someone who's never experienced it.”
He nodded.
“Why do you ask?”
“I don't know... curious I guess. I thought a lot about what happened the other day. I feel bad for reacting the way I did, but... I know I'm not ready either. I thought if I got a little bit of information on it I won't be as freaked out when I am ready.”
He looked up at me shyly and it was then that I realized I could fall for this boy. I could, I would, and I was. Hard and fast. Maybe I already had, I didn't know. But in that moment I felt like Dani was the one person who could eternally make me happy.
I kissed his forehead. “I'll try my best to let you know some stuff.” With that, I stretched out my legs and pulled him into my lap. His arms automatically went around my neck, our foreheads touching. “I'm kinda cold,” I cracked a sly smile.
His giggle was adorable. “I'll keep ya warm.”
Our lips met in a sweet kiss, however short. Dani's eyes looked into mine for a long time. I watched his brows furrow and rise, as if thinking hard about something. “Josh, I -” he stopped.
“What, baby?”
He shook his head. “Nothing.”
“Are you sure?” I asked, curious now that he seemed determined not to say what was on his mind.
“Yeah. Just another question. I'll ask later.” He smiled awkwardly, but I figured he was probably just embarrassed.