Status: new; active

Shield Me From the Storms

Just A Little Flirting

I watched as Sophia paired everyone up, usually the same gender. She gave them a script of two papers and told them it had to be learned and presented by Friday. Props and costumes were always a plus. Everyone had a partner until it was just Dani and I. I swallowed.
“Looks like you guys are partners then,” Sophia chirped, handing each of us a script. I caught her wink as she walked away. The little devil.
I looked over and down at my partner, whose nose was already buried in the script. “So...acting huh?”
Dani spared me a glance. “Yeah.”
“Did you do it at your other school?”
He sighed. “Yes. Who do you want to be?”
“What?”
This time, he straight out gave me a 'you stupid?' look. “Who do you want to be? The wife or the husband?”
I felt dumb and blushed in embarrassment. “Oh, um... you choose first.”
“Alright...,” he scanned the script quickly. “I'll be the wife. She seems more like me anyway.”
“Isn't the point of acting to be someone you're not?” There. Finally something intelligent came out of my mouth.
Dani glared at me. “It's just a practice run. If you're so great, show me. You have the first line.” He smiled tightly.
I laughed once nervously, wondering how the air suddenly became so tense. “Right, um..” I looked at the script, feeling like I was reading Chinese.
“Honey,” I squeaked. “I'm home.”
Dani clamped a hand over his mouth, suppressing a giggle. “I think the husband is supposed to be manly,” Dani teased.
The tense air immediately dispersed. I smiled. “Your line, sweetums.”
With a red as tomato blush, Dani sung, “in the kitchen, dear!”
I glanced at my script. “Do I smell pork roast?”
“It's a special night,” Dani murmured, lightly touching my chest. A wave of heat flashed through me.
“Is it now?” I looked at the script. Make flirtatious advancements towards wife. You have to be kidding me. I touched his cheek lightly.
“I thought you deserved a little treat,” Dani said, stepping closer to me. My eyes widened when I once again looked at the script. What is Sophia trying to do to me?
I took Dani by the hips and brought him flush against me. I felt one too many good feelings there and took a step back, raising my hands, palms out. “Okay, I can't do this,” I laughed nervously. “This is incredibly inappropriate.”
“What?” Dani looked at me almost as if I had offended him. “It's not...that bad. Just a little... flirting.” He blushed deeply.
“It's seduction.”
He opened his mouth to argue, but nothing came out. I was right and he knew it. How on Earth did Sophia get this approved by the school? Speaking of the red headed devil...
“Sophia!”
She turned to her name as she passed us. Seeing me, she scampered over. “Yes boys?”
I shoved the script in her face. “What the hell is this?”
“It's your assignment,” she said sternly, handing it back to me.
“No, it's sex. I can't do this kind of thing on a school stage. Neither can Dani. Come on, Soph.”
“It's not sex, Josh, Jesus. Stop being so dramatic.”
“I thought that was the point of drama club.”
She stuck her tongue out at me. “Just do it, Josh. Grow some balls.”
“I would like you to know that I have some pretty big -” she walked away before I could finish. Probably for the best, anyhow. I sighed and turned back to Dani.
He looked at me with his wide eyes. “You and her...”
“Are something. I know.” I smiled at him.
His lips twitched, but he seemed to be feeling a sort of awkward stun. I didn't know if it was my conversation with Sophia or the fact I was going to make a bad comment about my balls.
“Well, since we have no choice, I guess we should do our best at this.”
He looked up at me. “Yeah. Sure.” He looked at the script. “Where were we?”
I took him by the hips and pulled him flush against me. His cheeks burned tomato red. “Here,” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! We're so sorry that this took basically two months to get out. Everything from technologically to holidays slowed us down. But hopefully things can get back to normal :)
Comment? :)