Status: My first story and seems to be going better than I had expected. If you're a sucker for twists then hopefully you'll enjoy this story.

Sinister Eyes

Black Cross

"Are you positive you had nothing to do with the murder?" Cedric demanded with two large guards behind me.

I sat in a chair in the center of a somewhat small room. A desk was behind me with some paperwork. Posters of past soldiers and graduates stood on the wall. Cedric's office to be sure. Two other guards stood behind me, watching my every move to make sure I wouldn't do anything.

"I'm seriously positive! I had NOTHING to do with what happened last night!" I yelled with my hands over my head.

Since early this morning they kept asking me if I was involved with the murder of Anna, a former graduate of the academy. The image of her body pierced against the wall made my stomach turn and toss inside. Something that will haunt me for a long time.

Cedric frowned down at me, seeming like he isn't buying all of it. Muffling his white hair he turned around and slowly walked back to back in a slow manner.

"It seems rather suspicious that a huge black cross was painted over the wall where Anna was murdered. Which also happens that you have a black cross tattooed on your neck."

I bit my lip nervously. It was suspicious that a murder would be on a black cross and I happened to have one. Something didn't seem right though. Why a black cross?

"Do you know what everyone is calling you...Rayson?" Cedric slowly said in such a soft tone I thought I didn't hear him clearly.

"Umm what?"

"Everybody is calling you Black Cross. All because of your tattoo and the giant graffiti."

My right eyebrow rose instantly. Black Cross? Sounded like it could come from some kind of cheap cartoon or something.

"Black Cross?" My only response I could think of.

"Yes, Mr. Black Cross. Since last night we have a big issue on our hands. Though it's sad," his dark blue eyes darting over to mine, "that it doesn't happen to be you. Supposedly as what you say."

I watch Cedric eyeing me. The look slowly building up intimidation and making me uncomfortable.

"Though for now we'll let you go. I'm sure we'll find the suspect...Black Cross." The last look he gave softened though had a small dose of anger in it's pupils.

I nodded without saying anything. I didn't need to since I knew I was innocent. Getting up from the chair I made my way for the door then left.

"Sir was it okay you did that?" One of the guards asked.

Cedric slowly walked to the window behind his desk, watching the entire Velencity Faction get ready for the day from his building. He didn't answer for a few seconds as he stared at the slowly rising sun.

"Don't forget our goal we been trying to achieve. It may have been just a coincidence. What's more funny is that someone managed to override the camera's security system last night. We would have known who did it, had it not shut down. So that puts a big problems on our hands, but besides, we'll just continue our goal and treat our special...guest."

Exiting the main building I gave a slight sigh. I barely got any sleep since they kept me up all night trying to figure out if I was the killer or not.

Making my way to my dorm I see Ally and our friends waiting for me. The looks on their faces when they see me already tells me the rumors are spreading.

"Oh my gosh Rayson!" Yelling Ally running towards me, nearly crashing against me. "Don't tell me you're a killer!"

I groaned at the word killer. Something I didn't wanna hear. "No I'm not a killer. It was just a coincidence that a black cross was on the wall."

"I don't think you'd be the killer type anyway." Said Elaine.

"Yeah your a wuss anyway." Said the smiling Ally.

I punched her in the arm grinning while she laughed.

"I think we should all be careful though. I mean yeah that's obvious but this girl was pierced against the wall in several parts of her body. That's pretty...gruesome don't you think?" Syrus quietly said, his tone sounding sad.

We all nodded. It wasn't like someone to just walk around then somehow get pierced in several parts of the body. The continuing thought of Anna made me sad. I just wanted to take a shower then sleep the whole day. Doesn't seem like it was going to happen.

After an hour we all headed into the training room where we all fought. Today was just a practice day so it was good. My body still ached from the fight yesterday and I didn't get to enjoy the nice hot shower.

"Now I don't wanna be mean but I don't wanna hit a girl." Said Syrus, raising his hands forward as if it would repel me away.

I grinned, grabbing a pair of boxing gloves that rested on a counter near the walls. "Oh really? You should be careful. This girl packs a punch."

"Especially on her period." Ally said sitting on a bench next to Elaine who laughed.

I gave her a frown then laughed. For a good ten minutes Syrus and me exchanged punches. Being struck on my bruises made it a little hard for me to bear but managed.

A hand rested on Elaine's shoulder, the grip of it a little hard. Turning her head to see who it is her smile that had been smiling at her brother and me turned into a glare that meant murder. Elrick came to visit.

"Hey babe, hope I didn't hurt you to bad." Teasing with his hand now rubbing on her cheek.

Knocking his hand out of the way she got up and moved a few seats down. "Get away from me. I don't even wanna see you."

"Oh feisty!"

Two other guys laughed behind him. Syrus and me made our way towards them. Our looks immediately filled with anger.

"Elrick leave her alone. It's bad enough you beat woman." Barked Ally. She stood next to Elaine, getting ready to strike Elrick if he got any closer.

"Yeah it's best if you back away now Elrick. I'm just about getting tired of you." Syrus was now in Elrick's face. It was like the first time I met them.

"Oh what are you gonna do? You ain't gonna do nothing." Pushing Syrus.

I joined next to Syrus. If something did happen I wasn't sure how it would end up. Fighting against three guys would be hard, especially against Elrick.

"Three against one? Seems a bit unfair to me." Someone said from behind. Caro.

We all turned to look at him. He stood next to Keren who waved at us.

Elrick just smirked. "Oh pretty boy decides to join the fun?"

"Get away from them. Do anything and I'll be sure to snap your arm in half this time." His voice was instant and to the point.

This time?

Elrick just glared down at him. He turned back around and left. Both guys followed behind him.

"You guys okay?" Keren asking as both her and Caro walked up to us.

Elaine nodded with a smile. "Yes. Thank you guys."

"What did you mean by this time Caro?" I asked. I was curious.

"Back in the academy Elrick tried doing the same thing to me." Keren said first.

"And that moment I decided to beat the crap out of him." Finally saying before he sat down next to us.

"Caro knocked him to the ground and was bending his arm back so far three guards had to hold him down."

"So violent..." replied Ally.

"I would have done the same." Saying Syrus as he sat down next to his sister.

"About yesterday," Caro saying now looking up to me, "Congratulations, you're the first person to have won a fight against me in a long time."

I gave a small smile with my arm extending out. "I guess you could say I was lucky. Your a good fighter, and you pretty much showed no mercy on my face either."

Caro gave a small laugh, grabbing my hand and shaking it. We spent the next few hours hanging out in the training room, doing small practice spars and joking around.

Within the end of the day we all headed back to our dorms. I spent a good thirty minutes in the shower. Sitting against the shower and letting the steaming water hit me. Susan had told us to be well rested and prepared for a hard week cause our test was gonna be harder.

Getting out of the shower I put on my shorts and a plain T-shirt then crawled into bed.

I woke up to my dorm on fire. My eyes widen at the flames that were quickly spreading. Shooting out from my bed I pushed open the door and ran out barefooted. The sounds of my feet stomped on the ground, people running, while others burned on the ground.

My heart was beating faster as the second went by. Getting to Ally's door I opened to see a room of nothing but ashes. Her body laid motionless and burned. Dead skin and blood patches were all over her body.

"Ray....son....help...me..." Her voice was faint and low. She was at the edge of dying. That second flames immediately burst from the floor again, engulfing both of us in it.

"Crap!" I yelled, my eyes shooting open. My body laid on the bed motionless, sweaty. A nightmare. Raising my right hand I stared at the burned marks and scars that were left on me for life. The nightmare made me relive a nightmare I didn't even want to think about.

My eyes darted to the clock that rested on a small counter next to the bed. Half past six; I was gonna be late.

Running to the restricted area behind our faction I barely made it in time. Taking a shower along with brushing my teeth at the same time is something I don't really do though today was the exception.

Ally and our group of friends were already waiting along with the other hundred people.

"Someone's late." Smirked Syrus.

"Woke up late."

"Well you just barely made it."

Elaine looked to Keren who yawned. "Do you know what we're doing?"

"Nobody knows." Caro said before she could even say anything.

"All we know is that it's something big. Everybody is freaking out." Keren said.

I looked to Ally who just smirked.

"Alright everybody lets get started!" yelled Susan.

Lawrence studied everyone before he continued on for Susan. "Today will be the first day you go through the War Exam. Behind me are large tunnels that will take you to forest. In that forest you must survive for a week while trying to head to the center."

Everyone gasped while some wasn't surprised. They all knew this was gonna be one of their big tests.

"In the center of the forest will be a large facility. Enter that facility and you will be declared safe." Susan explained.

"That doesn't seem hard." One of the kids in the crowd said.

"That's not all," Lawrence now speaking, "You will be encountered by wild animals who will not hesitate to kill. Supplies will be hidden through out the forest."

"One other thing. You must try to avoid each other. Killing a fellow teammate is now allowed in this test. Your score will be based on how quickly you get through the forest along with trying to pass other teammates."

My heart just fell straight down. This wasn't a test. It was gonna be bloodbath with hundreds of others.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the story is now picking up quickly. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!