Status: My first story and seems to be going better than I had expected. If you're a sucker for twists then hopefully you'll enjoy this story.

Sinister Eyes

The Stinging Wound of Love

Racing through the tunnel was like a simple breeze. Ally swooped through the crowds of people with Caro at her side, not hesitating for a split second as the walls caved in. She couldn't help but put a smile on the moment they both made it out.

"We made it! That was...fun." She admitted. Normally she didn't really enjoy a thrill like this that could possibly endanger her life. Her past accident with Rayson is the cause of that trauma. The thought of it sent a cold shiver down her spine.

Caro made a simple smile that immediately faded the second he looked behind Ally. "Watch out!"

Ally turned to see what Caro was looking at. The sight of some guy pointing a gun at her shocked her, frozen in place as if her whole body was trapped by a unbreakable force.

Within a split second before the gun triggered, Caro charged toward Ally, slamming into her and knocking them both to the ground. Without even waiting he grabbed a sharp rock that rested next to his face, quickly getting up and tossing the rock with precise aim.

The thrown object slammed against the guys face, using this time to go for the gun. Running towards him he grabbed the gun, putting a leg behind the other guys leg then violently slamming his fist into the guys neck. The force of it not only knocked him over but had him gagging against the floor.

Caro turned towards Ally who just about knew what to do next. Both quickly ran from the area, dodging through the long trails of trees and bushes. They didn't stop running till a good fifteen minutes had passed, stopping between a large tree and some bushes, a useful for coverage.

Ally slowly panted with each breath she took. She didn't want them to get caught with her loud breathing. She carefully looked over to Caro who seemed fine. There was no sign of any exhaustion in his atmosphere.

"We'll rest here for a few minutes. You okay?" He whispered. His voice was low, hard for Ally to hear but able to understand after a second.

"Okay," She replied, "You're not tired?"

He slightly nodded his head side to side meaning as a no. "My family used to make me prepare for stuff like this."

A simple nod was all she gave to him. She wasn't exactly sure what to say in all honesty. As it was she felt awkward being alone with him, she barely even knew the guy.

As their several minutes had gone by they both continued to reach the end of this test. They both had wondered how long it would take to get to the end before the week ends. Passing this test would surely be more than important as it would show what they would be capable of out at the real battlefield.

Breaking the silence Caro asked, "How long have you and Rayson known each other?"

Ally looked over to him before nearly tripping on a tree root. She cursed as she almost fell over; however being rescued by Caro he held her hand firmly. She gave a small blush of embarrassment before answering his question.

"Since we were like four. We been good childhood friends."

The man slightly nodded to her answer. "I see. Do you have any feelings for each other?"

She instantly rose her head to the question. "What? Of course not. Why the question?"

Caro shrugged. "Just asking."

Syrus gave a slight sigh. They been in this forest nearly all day and all he was thinking about was food.

Keren muffled her black hair with both hands. The sweat was making her hair uncomfortable and desperately wanted to take a shower. Sadly being trapped in a thick forest wasn't going to let that happen.

"How long is it gonna take to get there?" Asking Syrus. Seeing a cobweb in front of him he gave a slight gasp as he walked right in front of it, swinging his arms around like some insane lunatic.

"Calm down it's just a cobweb. By the looks of it we probably won't get there till three or four days later."

Syrus gave a long groan. "I do not want to be in this forest any longer. I hate bugs and this place is crawling with them."

She gave a slight smile to the thought of that. He was cute the way he acted. His face was flawless that seemed to sparkle in her eyes. His hair was neatly done and the way his eyes stared at her...

It was just a few hours ago that they had escaped from the tunnel collapsing. Someone nearly tripped Syrus and they had just made it out a second later. Now here they are getting through this stupid test.

"Hey look!" Pointed Syrus as he quickly ran to a large bush. Inside the bush rested a bag. Pulling it out he looked over to Keren who came over as well.

"Whats inside?" She asked.

Opening it they both found a knife, small jug of water and a half cut up map of the area.

"Is this really a map?" He quickly asked as he scanned through it. On the bottom of the map was where the ten tunnels were. It cuts off at an area known as Great Pits.

Keren gave a slight smile. "Well what a good thing. At least we'll know where we are exactly."

Using the now gotten map they quietly walked through the long forest. Keren constantly moved her eyes towards Syrus, wondering how she could possibly get his attention. Why was she feeling like this? She normally pushed guys aside. Hell she even thinks the majority of them are all perverts. She wanted his full attention, his affection, she was craving it.

"So are you in a relationship?" A question Syrus had asked, something that threw Keren off guard.

"What? Me? Of course not! Do you think Caro and me are in a relationship? We're just good friends. I am absolutely single. One hundred percent single. Are you in a relationship? Cause I think someone like you would be." Replying in a fast shaken tone. Realizing how she acted she blushed. She wanted to grab her black hair and pull as hard as she can.

Syrus gave a small giggle as she went on. "No I'm not in a relationship actually."

It was like fireworks exploded inside her.

Jumping over a fallen log they stopped for another short break. Keren sat a little closer to Syrus, hoping she could possibly get some answers from him.

"So..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you interested in anyone?"

Syrus thought about it for a moment. His hazel eyes looking into the sky as his thoughts ran. "Not really," Finally saying, "Do you?"

She took a deep breath, then instantly rose up, getting into Syrus' face. "Syrus! I like you! Your silly and just...weird. You seem like a type of guy I like and well...I just like you! Do you feel the same way? Do you?"

Syrus backed away a little as she put herself on him. "Wait what? Are you serious? Oh gosh..."

"What?"

Syrus got up, rubbing the back of his head. "Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought up a topic like that."

"Wait why? I confessed I like you!"

"Yeah well you see..."

"What?"

"Umm," Taking a deep breath, "I'm gay."

It was like thousands of missiles were just launched and directly aimed at her. This was something she had not expected. She stared wide eyed at Syrus. Silence was all she gave.

"You okay?"

Her body fell backwards, gazing at the slowly setting sun. "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I should have not put myself on you like that. Oh my..."

"Hey now it's okay." Hoping it would cheer her up.

"Mother I have dishonored our family in a humiliating way!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, finally pulling her hair as she rolled on the ground.

Syrus gave a long sigh. "This is gonna be a long week..."

Two dark figures stepped onto the area. Their feet gently touched the soft ground. Silence all around them.

"Is this it?" One figured asked. A woman's voice, soft and quiet. A mask was placed over her face, a black design with a red X on the forehead. Her black hair came down to her back with her bangs being streaked with purple. The clothes she wore was a black outfit that seemed very different from the uniforms the factions have. A strap was around her waist and shoulders, filled with weapons. Looking closely into the mask you could see her eyes, a slight blue that revolves around her pupil, slowly fading into what seemed like a green as it extends.

The man next to her wore the same outfit however slightly different. Straps were placed around his arms and legs to hold more smaller weapons. His mask design was black with a red scar design that came down from the right eye all the way across the nose and down to the bottom. His short black hair rustled against the soft air.

"Yes." The mans voice said, a dark and emotionless tone. His dark blue eyes glared sharply at the dense forest that stood in front of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is what's been going on with the other characters in the story. Hope you guys enjoyed it! :)