Everybody's Got a Someone

Two xx

It was suppose to be a good, quiet night, while she was staying in the hotel – or so Hadley thought. But it turns out that just because she was arrived in London, that they’d be staying there. The drive to the hotel took a few hours, the place they were staying at being somewhere in Essex, her mind was already to foggy from everything hitting her that she’d fallen asleep in the van. Turns out that was the only peaceful sleep she was going to get that night.

Once they were at the hotel, she realized they were entering from the back entrance and not the front, but by the sounds of the screaming girls she had her reason why. The screaming didn’t let up either, well for the most part it did when the police showed up, but that didn’t stop the girls that were staying at the hotel from keeping quiet. The security guards in the hallway gave away that fact that a worldwide pop sensation was staying here. She mentally cursed herself for not researching how loud these girls were before she accepted the job.

It was a restless sleep, being woken up by knocks at the door from girls trying to find the boys rooms, from the endless chatter that happened in the hallway, and the only quiet time she had was around four am and it only lasted an hour before the girls were back outside the hotel, signing and yelling out names. It didn’t help that her room was facing the front of her hotel; despite the closed window she could hear the lyrics from the boys’ songs perfectly clear. Needless to say Hadley’s first nights rest was complete shit and the jet lag she was harboring wasn’t helping her at all.

The only thing she hated more was the banging on her door and phone call at seven in the morning prompting her to get up and get her things ready because the boys would be leaving to go do an interview. This meant it was her first day on the job. Turning over in bed she rubbed the little sleep she did get from her eyes and pushed herself up. Getting up this early in the morning wasn’t something she was used to, she wasn’t a morning person at all. Especially after not getting any sleep that night.

Still, the brunette tried her hardest and she quickly hid the bags under her eyes with some cover up and even more quickly she did her hair and tugged on a pair of jeans and a white button up, throwing a pale yellow blazer over it and slipping her feet into a pair of black flats. Adorning her ears and fingers in rings and earrings she gathered up her things just in time for Paul to knock on her door.

She wasn’t even sure she was going to be ready for this or not.

***


Hadley had a cup of coffee in her hand, the Starbucks logo on the side, her makeup tote behind her with everything she could possible need, alongside her hair things, as he followed the rest of the team into the room they were allotted to turn the boys from their sleep deprived faces to faces ready to be filmed on camera. The team wasn’t so bad, there was an older lady named Caroline who was in charge their clothes, and she had another helper whose job was solely devoted to steaming their outfits. Then there would had been Lou, but she was the reason that Hadley was here in the first place – though she left a clear set of instructions on what to do for each boy to make things go as quickly as possible.

The prospect of the fact that in a few minutes she’d be meeting the boys for the first time by slapping on their makeup and doing their hair frightened her a little bit. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to yell at them to get their hair and makeup done or if they knew enough themselves. Opening her bags in front of her on the small table she’d made small conversation with Lisa, who was in charge of steaming clothes. She was told that they had a generous amount of time to fix up the boys; she was informed on who was the crankiest out of them all. It was helpful information.

Zayn was often the crankiest, but he always took it out on the boys and not the stylist or hair and makeup except for one time when his blazer didn’t fit. Niall and Liam were the most laid back out of it all, Niall just usually eating so she’d have to work around that – though she was told Niall usually did hair and makeup while eating. Harry was the easiest, he required the least amount of work and was always thankful and kind, and then there was Louis, who like he appeared, like to joke around and have fun. Though despite all this, they knew exactly when to get things done.

“Boys will be coming by soon!” A girl yelled as she walked into the room, a headset around his neck and box attacked to the hit of her skinny jeans, a black Ramones t-shirt and combat boots on her feet, walked in and plopped herself down on the couch.

“Thanks for the warning.” Caroline laughed as she let the clothes out on hangers far enough away from each other that the boys would be able to pick there’s out easy.

“Oh! You must be the new meat.” The girl laughed, getting up and walking over to Hadley, who at the time was trying to get all her things set up and going over the instructions left to her by Lou. “I’m Farrah; it’s nice to meet you.” The girl smiled, pulling her into a hug – which despite the fact that she didn’t know the girl she returned. “I’m the guitar tech and since you’re joining the team now I should warn you that if you look at my boyfriend the wrong way we won’t get along.”

Before Hadley was even able to ask who her boyfriend was the answer was given to her as the youngest member of the band came waltzing into the room and up the girl with the black hair giving her a rather long kiss despite the people around them. Nodding her head to show the girl she understood her threat even though she wasn’t paying attention she quickly turned her attention back to her things. She didn’t find it awkward, she herself didn’t mind public displays of affection much, she just didn’t go out parading them in front of people she just meet – though she had to hand it to her this girl, Farrah, seemed like a catch.

Hadley barely had time to register before a grumpy looking Zayn was sitting in the seat in front of her his phone in hand as he typed away a message to someone. He didn’t say anything to her, just looked at the things she had spread out and nodded when he saw her hair gel. It wasn’t that she was expecting someone to say anything to her, she was the temporary worker her and no doubt would be gone before the tour was over. But needless to say a rather happy looking Liam bounded over to her with a smile on his face.

“Don’t mind him. He’s being grumpy because he didn’t sleep last night. He’s not always like this.” The most sensible member smiled before heading over to Caroline and getting his outfit together while the rest of the boys sat around on the couches. It was relatively quiet in the room, seeing as it was only about eight thirty by the time the boys finally made it inside, she could tell not one of them was really a morning person, except for maybe Liam.

Harry was on the couch sleeping against Farrah’s shoulder; Louis was falling asleep next to him, his head in his hand as he tried to pay attention to his phone. Niall was sitting on the opposite couch, a breakfast bar in hand as he nodded off on the chair only to be woken up by Liam came bounding over to sit next to him, which caused Niall to slip himself under the boys arm and nodded off, careful not to drop the bar in his hand.

“Bed Head doesn’t work well with my hair.” Zayn finally spoke, nodding his head over at the bottles on the shelf, causing Hadley to stop from putting on the cover-up under his eyes.

With a little laugh, Hadley went back to applying the make-up to Zayn’s face. “Well unless you suddenly want me to straighten your hair you won’t have to worry about that.” She said smiling. “Though I do think it’d be quiet funny to see your quiff straightened.”

To her surprise, it pulled a laugh from the boy sitting in front of her, causing the rest of the boys to sit up and look over at their once grumpy friend, watching the two. “Don’t even think about it…er…”

“Hadley.”

“Hadley. Right, I got it.” The dark haired boy laughed. “Don’t even think about it Hadley or your nice straight hair will turn into the biggest quiff you’ve ever seen.” Though his words were a kind as they could be, and all the two of them could do was laugh at themselves while she finished off the previously grumpy Zayn.

All Hadley could do was hope and pray that the rest of her job was this easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't get used to getting two chapters in one week!
I'm just so happy and surprised that this had gotten the response it has. Eight subscribers in four days? Not to mention five recommendations! Just gotta get the comments up there, I love to hear feedback!
I'm also working on a Narry one that I'm hoping will be out soon.
Enjoy! Comment please! xoxo