Status: Complete :)

Unbroken

Knives and Pens

One Week Later

I used my fork to prod aimlessly at my salad in front of me. My apatite was virtually nonexistent since I was sitting in Olive Garden with my dad who was forking his complimentary salad down and eating a bread stick every now and then. I sighed and finally let my fork fall completely down on my plate in defeat. I wasn't going to force myself to eat, especially not to please him.

As my fork clattered onto the plate, my dad looked up and frowned. "Veronica..."

"I’m not hungry." with that said I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned back in the booth and made sure my frown was very much evident on my face, black hair falling into my face as my back hit the booth.

"Please, ‘Ronnie. You have to work with me. I'm trying."

"What have you done to make me believe you and give you chance. To forgive you. I wanted a father but you weren't there, Dad!"

He didn't say anything but I could tell I’d won. Suddenly my phone started to buzz. I picked it up and looked at the Caller I.D. My frown became a smile. Andy was texting. I quickly opened the message.

'We have a last minute benefit concert tonight at nine. I can bring a guest. Wanna come?'

I quickly sent a yes and only a moment later received another text.

'You don't like salad?'

I raised an eyebrow and looked around. How would he know I was eating-

There was Andy, standing by the door, wearing a smile. He motioned for me to come. I glanced at my dad and then grabbed my hobo bag and slid out of the booth, practically running to Andy. He winked. "I kinda saw your dad's car..."

I put a hand on my hip. "Or were you stalking me?"

"Nah. I do have some stalkers of my own though..." He jabbed his thumb behind us and two girls (both wearing Black Veil Brides shirts) were screaming and crying as they watched Andy. "I just gave them autographs. Apparently they're coming to the show tonight." I nodded as he turned around and shrugged. "Sorry girls. I have business to tackle care of!" He threw his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me along with him towards the door.

The girl's faces fell but I smiled and I didn't know why but I felt a pang of jelousy.

0o0o0

Andy pulled into an entrance and he pulled around, showed some security guard at the gate a pass and he drove back around to obviously back stage of the benefit tonight. I looked around to see multiple people carrying drums, guitars and amps to the main stage.

"This is what it's like backstage. I've never been lucky enough to get a pass backstage for a concert before." I inquired as I opened the passenger door and got out to walk with Andy.

"Well now you know a lead singer almost personally. Even better, right? Backstage isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway...lot's of drunk bastards if you ask me..."

"Like who? Security guards or band members?"

"Band members like...Danny!" I turned around to look at who he yelled at to see Danny Worsnop waltzing up carrying a bottle of Jack Daniels and smiling widely. He was wearing sunglasses but his eyes were probably wide too.

He high fived Andy. "'Ello, Andy! Funny seeing you here, mate. Got a call this morning asking if Asking Alexandria wanted to perform here today. We just go off tour so why the fuck not?"

Andy laughed and nodded. "Ours was last minute too."

Danny nodded and then soon looked at me. "Who is this gorgeous girl?"

Andy rolled his eyes and put a hand on my shoulder. "This is Veronica. I met her on the plane back and she's here as my guest."

"You like Asking Alexandria." He stated, more of a statement than a question. I nodded anyway. "Well, this show I put on tonight is for you." He said, pointing his hand out at me, still clutching the Jack Daniels with two fingers.

Andy noticed it too. "Is that for you?"

"Fuck no." He stated with a shake of his head. "I've been sober, not ruining it. This is for some guy that works backstage. He won a bet, I owe him a couple shots of Jack." He then stepped around us and started walking to the groups of staff.

I looked up at Andy. "Not boring, eh?"

He only smiled and shook his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short.
Don't hate me!
Please, if you like it COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/RECOMMEND! PLEASE!
It makes my day and helps me write faster!
I love you all! <3