In Your Eyes

ten

My brother cried the whole night and it took me a long time just to have him stop and fall asleep. I felt really bad for him really. I had to sing him a lullaby just to be quiet. I was almost asleep as well when my phone vibrated.

"Hello? Amanda? What's up?"

"Urgh! Chloe, my brother is a mess here. What happened? He won't tell me anything!"

"Well, the team were beating my brother up and your brother finally stood up to him and my brother was in too much shock to say anything so your brother got kicked off the team."

"What?!"

"Amanda, don't blame my brother please. I'm still in too much shock here too. Look, can we just try to make our brothers okay again?"

"Why would I do that?! Your brother has my brother knocked off the team! That just means he lost his chance at a scholarship!"

"Amanda, if our brothers aren't friends, we won't be allowed to see each other because that would be awkward."

There was a pause on the other side and then a sigh.

"Fine. How can we do that?"

"Just, give them space first. Let them vent it out."

"Okay....goodnight Chloe. Keep me updated, kay?"

"Sure Amanda."

When I put the phone down, I notice a text from a new number and the message made me smile. So I replied...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Frank woke up, I had breakfast ready and I was already doing my homework. He rubbed his eyes and smiled a little before looking down and holding back his tears.

"Don't worry Frank. We'll be spending the whole day together here at home. Grandpa left money just in case and...yeah.."

I stand up from my study and walk over to the bed. I sit down next to him and let his head rest on my shoulder. He starts shaking so I move myself, hugging him and playing with his hair.

"Thank you so much Chloe."

"Sure Frank. That's what we do, remember? So hurry up eating. I have a surprise for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think you'll like what happens next...:D
comment please...
3 comments til update..