In Your Eyes

Three

Hours Later

“Franklin, go help your mother clean up the lawn and the lounge. I’ll fix your sister up.”

“Yes dad but I have to bring Cody and the guys home first.”

“Go. Just leave me and Chloe with our bonding time.”

“Okay. Don’t forget dad that Chloe loves slow stuff. Plus, she prefers being neat.”

“Sure. Now go. You wouldn’t want your friends waiting.”

I walked outside to be met with Cody, Mikey and Gerard sitting on the porch, talking about me. Maybe they just didn’t hear me but I couldn’t help it. I eavesdropped.

“Do you think he’s okay?”

“Of course he’s okay! He’s just worrying about Chloe right?”

“Yeah! Cody’s right Gee. He just cares about his sister a lot. I mean, she was so close to crying today and it’s been a year since it happened.”

“I guess you guys are right but it’s really not like him to be so distant just because of that.”

Distant? So that’s how I’ve been.

“Hey guys.”

They turn around and have shocked look on their faces. If this wasn’t a serious situation, I would be laughing but it is.

“Let’s go? Who should we bring home first?”

“Uhm…us first I guess, right Gee?”

“Yeah…we live just across the street anyway.”

We walk in an awkward silence but I wouldn’t want to be distant especially since I have only a week left. Arriving at the Way residence, I hug Gerard and Mikey before leaving them to go in their house but they don’t.

The three of them just stare at me with a questioning look and everything I’ve been holding in during that eternal walk started to be squeezed out of me.

“I’m going to miss you guys so much you know that? I’ll be miles away and the three of you are just going to forget me and make new and better friends while I move and adjust and take care of myself if I get beat or bullied or picked on. Gerard, you should really try singing for people because you are amazing at that and Mikey, if you just studied, you could actually get very decent grades. Cody, I love you. So much more than just a friend. Yes, I’m bi and can’t really care right now what you guys think but please just let this be the best last week I’ll ever have then you can just forget me afterwards. If you think I was distant today, how distant will I be next week when I move to London with my parents?”

I was sobbing and Cody couldn’t stop me from shaking even though he was holding me so close. Gerard and Mikey were there in front of me trying to stop me from my hysterics but I couldn’t hear them. All I could hear was my heart pounding in my head. I was crying THAT hard but I didn’t care. It didn’t matter. At least I told them everything now and—

My thoughts were interrupted with Cody’s soft lips on mine. I was in so much shock I stopped crying and he smiled a little. Gerard and Mikey were smiling now too.

“Finally you two see each other. I was wondering when this would happen”, said an all-knowing Gerard.

“Frank, if this is your last week, be mine for the week. Will you?” asked an eager Cody.

Mikey piped in, “Please Cody! He’s been your ever since. Share him with us please!”

“I’ll be yours Cody. Even when I’ll be so far away.”

We were about to kiss again when we suddenly heard Chloe's ear-piercing and heart shattering scream from across the street.

“Frank!!!!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get even just two comments for this chapter, I will update.
Something BIGGER is going to happen to Chloe and Frank.

COMMENTS PLEASE...♥