In Your Eyes

Four

The four of us ran back to my house and I was scared shitless. That scream only came once and that was last year when she thought she couldn’t go to the zoo. Memories were flashing in my head as I ran even faster than I ever had.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I reached the hallway and I kicked the pink door in my way to find my dad trying to hold down my little sister.

“Get off him you sick fucker!”

He turned around and stood up, evil in his eyes.

“You dare to call me that? You think you can pick a fight with me?”

Remember those pent up emotions I mentioned earlier? From my five years of being Chloe’s parent, seeing her get hurt and having to put up with her moods, I hated my parents. I guess Cody read my mind because suddenly my three friends tackled my dad and held him for me while I beat him as hard as I could. All those times Chloe cried asking for mom to hold her close was a punch to his gut while all Chloe’s schoolmates picking on her for not having parents were kicks to his side. What I saved last though was a punch to his face that broke his nose for ruining Chloe’s birthday.

When he was too beat to even lift a finger, the four of us backed off and then mom came running in on the scene towards dad.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Mom, if you heard Chloe scream today, it’s because that sick husband of yours was trying to rape her.”

I was tired so I couldn’t make myself yell at him. Cody was already holding me up because I was so tired. I just dragged myself out of Chloe’s room and in to the room that was blasting Black Flag.

Mikey knocked on the door first, trying to have her unlock my door.

“Princess, please open up. Everything’s okay now.”

“Chloe, open the door for us please.”

“Princess, we still have to find places for Gerard and Mikey in the castle remember?”

“No! No! I don’t want to!”

It was quite evident that she was crying and this tore me up so I fell on my knees until I was her height.

“Chloe, please, don’t hurt me by keeping the door closed. Please. I know you saw a lot of bad stuff today and I saw them too.” I was crying by now and I could hear her shuffling towards the door. “Princess, just let me in please.”

The door unlocked and my sister hugged me, her arms around my neck and her face buried on my shoulders. My shirt got even wetter and I didn’t care. I just hugged her back and we both cried. My friends joined in the hug just to quiet the broken princess.

Our little world was crashing down now and all we have is each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is for just_abit_random for commenting and waiting.

two comment until I update and I mean it!