In Your Eyes

Five

Gerard and Mikey stood up and left after Chloe and my sobs have subsided. Cody just placed his hand on my shoulder as I carried Chloe into my room.

“I’m sorry I hurt you Frank.”

“It’s okay princess.”

Cody followed me and pulled back the covers of my bed as I set my sister on top. She kicked off her shoes and sat down, crossing her legs.

“Can I wear your clothes to sleep Frankie?” my sister whispered.

I might have mentioned that she loves light colors so her wanting to wear one of my messy black shirts scares me.

“Why princess?”

“Because the colors remind me of da…him.”

Her voice was breaking again and Cody, being nearer, held her.

“Okay. Go pick a shirt while I get stuff from your room. Cody will watch over you for a bit okay?”

“Yes Frankie. Can you get me the teddy bear Gerard and Mikey gave me?”

“Sure princess. Is that all you need?”

“The picture under my pillow.”

I walk back to her room with my head hung low. Dad’s car roared to life, startling me a bit but I just continued dragging my feet towards the cursed room. Her pink door was broken and I couldn’t believe I did that by myself. I saw traces of his blood on the baby blue walls and then I realized my hands were all bloody now too.

On the edge of my sister’s purple bed was half of the tiara I picked out. The other half was perched on a pink box with top secret written on it. Out of pure curiosity, I opened the box to see some of her unfinished drawings the past three days that always ended with a huge tear as if she made a mistake or got surprised but a letter caught my eye, dated today.

April 14
Mommy hurt Frank today. All because he said the truth. My teachers always said that people that tell the truth but Frankie got hit instead. Why does he always get picked on because of me? I hope everything gets better for him because he’s such a best brother.


I scanned the rest of the letter but in the bottom was the painful words “I don’t believe in faerytales anymore.” The edges of the paper were crumpled as if they were stuffed hurriedly into the box. Maybe by this time dad got to her already.

A warm hand startled me out of my thoughts and I met eye to eye with my crying mother.

“I’m leaving for London tomorrow Frank. I’m not taking you or Chloe with me. Your grandfather will take care of you but I will still be sending money for you two. Y…your father will never be coming back.”

I stood up and hugged my mother. This must be hard for her and all but she shouldn’t leave now right?

“Mom, you can’t go now. Not when Chloe needs us most.”

“Frank, I need you to understand this,” she said, grabbing me by the shoulders and holding me at arms distance, “I tried talking to your sister right now and she wouldn’t budge. She doesn’t even want to look at me right now.”

I grabbed the teddy bear and the picture she told me about but I didn’t look at it. Handing my mom the letter, I shuffled out of the room. The last thing I heard from my mother was “I don’t believe in fairytales either.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please... and I want to thank SocialSuicide, just_abit_random and Andie SCREAM for commenting and the 5 people that subscribed.

please ghost readers! COMMENT please!