In Your Eyes

eight

~Eight Years Later~

Chloe's POV

Frank and I are still together with Grandpa. We're closer than ever too. Cody and Frank are still together too but there are times now that Frank comes home crying after they spend the day together. That's the only thing he wouldn't tell me about.

He did tell me about mom though. How she shot dad on mother's day and how we won't see her again. I felt guilty then but I think I took it okay. I cried but Frank was there. He held me the whole time and told me it wasn't my fault.

Amanda is being an awesome best friend too. We both joined the swim team because she heard her mom (a pshyciatrist) say something like exercise is a good way of dealing with depression. Which is true because after practice, I end up forgetting why I felt angry or sad in the first place.

Today is a Saturday and we just finished practice. Amanda is next to me, listening to her iPod while I'm here thinking. We're on our way to her place in a slow pace when we heard someone. When I heard Frank.

"I'm sorry Cody! It's just...I..."

"Just what Frank?!"

I tuned out whatever they were arguing about next while I dragged Amanda faster inside their house.

My brother and Cody were crying but Cody was furious.

"What's going on here?!" Amanda shrieked.

"It's all his fault!" Cody accused, pointing a finger at Frank but before I could tackle him, he stormed up to his room and slammed the door.

I gave Amanda a small smile and we both went our separate ways. Me towards Frank and her towards her brother.

"Come on Frank. Give him some space."