Friendship.

Krista

I stared intently at our professor who was busily scibbling nonsense equations all over the black board. I mean honestly, couldn't he have just upgraded to a white board with dry erase markers? It would be less messy and chalky.

I scanned the room for any familar faces and I came up empty handed. I knew absolutely nobody in this class, it made me feel depressed. I was never an outgoing person, I always stuck to my friends in high school. They always did the talking and mingling for me.

Class was dismissed after the forty minutes of this madman speaking a million words per minute. I gathered my things and placed them in my bag and headed down to door. On my way it made me wonder if anyone had sued the school for having so many stairs leading to the exit door.

I had bumped into a guy about a foot taller than me with big brown eyes. I ducked my head, "Oh, I'm sorry." I continued to walk away without bothering for a reply, it probably would have been rude. Most of the upper classman was rude and demanding, it made me almost wish I was about to graduate college.

I felt like I was at the bottom of the totem pole again. Funny how that works, you work so hard to reach the top of the class; only for you to fall back at the end. That one year of being at the top of the pole is so badass until the next year, you're back at the bottom.

My phone started to buzz and I rumaged through my back pocket to find it. I smiled when I saw the familar name sprawl across my screen. I pressed the name to read the text, Krista! I absolutely love ASU! I've made so many friends already and I've only been to one morning class. Plus my professors assisant is a total mega hottie. Score! Hope everything is been wonderful and dandy for you, can't wait till the break so we can catch up! Love ya, V.

I pressed my lips and neglected to type a response, I could have lied and told her I was having so much fun and made equal amount of friends. But, what would be the use. I'd have to hold up on lies after lies. I couldn't do that Valery, she was my best friend. And notice the was. I'm sure with her new friends she'd soon forget about me and start a new life with the new ones.

I stuck it back in my pocket and walked outside, I found a cute little water fountain and sat by it. I checked my schedule, I wasn't do to go back to this boring hell hole till one thirty. It was only ten sixteen, and I had a few hours to kill. So I decided to people watch, I mean what else was there to do.

I noticed a couple sitting across from me looking not too intimate. It was funny how some relationships worked, some were fantastic and some were just not. I would never know I suppose, I had only had one boyfriend and he dumped me for my older sister. So that pretty much explains my dating life.

I glanced over towards the huge clock that hung above the main entrance, 10:17. Only a minute had passed and I felt like my first day in college was going to drag on for ages. I went to reach for my phone again, I might as well text V back and tell her how my day really was going.

Crappy.

"Krista?"

My attention snapped up to a girl who had pale purplish pink hair, she was gorgeous of course. "U-um yes?" I was puzzled on how she knew my name and how on earth she knew me.
She stuck out her hand and smiled, "I'm Maci! We're supposed to be room mates."

I shook it, understanding that all the upper classmen had pictures to go by. It was like a little game for them. "Well, I guess you know me." I felt nervous talking to someone I didn't know and the hair kind of freaked me out. It wasn't everyday you see someone with pink hair, actually you hardly saw it at all where I was from.

She laughed, "You'll get used to the hair, trust me." She must have noticed my awkward staring. "You're even more pretty in person," She threw back her head and laughed again, "I'm glad. Is that your natural hair?"

I nodded, "Yes." It felt weird having someone be so carefree and outgoing around me. I thanked her for the compliment she had given, I had never been told I was pretty before. Well aside from my friends, but from a complete and total stranger? That was definite a first.

Maci clicked her tongue and clapped her hands, "So, all your stuff should be at the dorm, right?" She waited for nod and she continued, "Good! When's your next class?"

"One thirty."

She checked her watch and smiled, "Great! Let's get some sush! Wait, do you like sushi?" Her eyes shifted in a worried manor, it almost made me laugh. Who would be worried about Sushi.

I shrugged, "I don't mind it,"

"Great! Would you like to get some? My treat."

I shook my head, "Oh no, you don't have to."

Maci playfully slapped my bare shoulder, "No, really! We're going to be roomies so we should take care of each other. Besides, I've been here for two years and all my room mates were such drags. I can tell you're going to be so much fun to be around."

I awkwardly agreed and followed her around the campus until we got to a cute little cafe looking building. She squeaked out of joy and pulled me by my hand. We entered the building and the mixure of all sushi, coffee, and other various smells hit me right in the nose.

She turned and smiled, "The smell is another thing you'll get used to. It's almost plesant, trust me." She turned to a rather cute looking guy and smiled, "Table for two."

He checked the podium's book and smiled, "New room mate, Maci?" So they must know each
other, obviously if they were on the first name basis.

She flipped her perfectly curled pink hair over her shoulder and nodded, and pulled me closer, "Yes and this one is going to be so much fun! My prayers have been answered." She leaned forward, "So that table, Brandon."

He nodded and guided us over towards a spot near the window, he handed us our menus and told us our server would be right with us. I stared after him, "He kind of looks like an actor, but I can't quite put my finger on it."

She nodded, "Yes, I totally agree." She went on talking about her previous room mates and how they were all total outcasts and never wanted to go out. I wasn't really paying attention to her rambles, I was too preoccupied with the fact I was room mates with a someone who was spontaneous and outgoing. This was going to be a disaster.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just starting.
Feedback?