Friendship.

Tanner;

I tapped my fingers to the beat of the song that ran through the head phones, it was dubstep. I wasn't really fond of dubstep, but I was too lazy to switch it up. I watched as the familar and unfamilar faces pour into the room.

One unfamilar face stuck out, she looked lost and she happened to fit my criteria of the girls for the semester. Last semester had scored a couple girls completely out of my comfort zone. One of them was Maci Rivera, she had crazy pink and purple hair. And she was a lil wacky but she was fun to be around. I ended that one, and it was a bit awkward to still see her. We were just two different people with two different tastes.

I was hoping she was going to take the empty spot before the sweaty chubby guy did, I'd have to move and I didn't want to start my first class off to be rude. She looked flustered and finally took a spot next to me, she looked a little awkward and uncomfortable. I chuckled, "You a freshman?"

She tilted her head and bit her lip, "Was it that obvious?" She set her books in neat piles in front of her and clicked her pen and laid it next to her doodled notebook.

I nodded but shrugged, "It's okay. I was a newbie once." I flashed a smile, "Two years ago." I held out my hand in a crooked way and gave another charming smile, "Tanner."

Her hand fit like a glove in mine, it was small and dainty. And her nails were painted an off pink which told me she had a sophisticated sense, "Krista." She gave a shy smile and took her hand back, she rubbed both her hands on her legs and sighed.

"You'll get used to it." I dug around in my bag and turned my iPod off. I started tapping a rhythm to keep my attention at peak. I was started to get bored and normally that resulted in me ditching to go do something else.

And lately my grades weren't really up for debate if I should keep ditching. I had a deal with the rents I'd maintain my 3.5 gpa. And right now if I had to calaculate it, it was probably ranging around 2.7.

I caught Krista staring and I turned my head which made her turn hers quick, I smirked, "Need something?"

She awkwardly tugged at her long sleeves and bit her lip again, "I was just-uh noticing your-um lip piercings." She itched the back of her brown curls, "Uh, I've never seen them before."

I smiled and touched them, "I tend to forget they're there." I shrugged, "I was drunk once and decided 'hey, I should pierce my lip again but right next to each other'. It was a dumb mistake."

She pursed her lips together, "Then why didn't you take it out?" She still looked uncomfortable, but all freshmen acted that way on their first day.

I shrugged, I never knew why I didn't take them out. Maybe because everyone said it looked good on me, "I don't know." I pondered that a thought a few more minutes but stopped when an elder lady came prancing in the room.

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen." She cleared her throat, "Your professor will not be in class today, you are all dismissed." The elder lady pranced back out and left the class murming amongst themselves.

Krista blew air out her mouth and groaned, "Really?" She gathered her books and stuffed them in her bag, "Well, that was a waste of time."

I chuckled, "Well, he doesn't show up every once and a while. He's the top dog, why should he have to come in and teach a bunch of kids that don't pay attention."

She gave me a light glare, "I do. I like learning." She shifted her stance, "Um, well it was nice to meet you." She looked at her phone and frowned, "I guess I have to go and hang with my room mate."

"You don't look too excited about that." I was confused, most freshmeats love hanging out with upper class. Maybe she had a loser or a nerd bird, but at the same time she did say she liked learning. Maybe she was a nerd bird, a hot nerd bird...

She sighed, "I'm not, I mean maybe it's just me. But, she's very friendly and very open." She tapped her nose and ran her hand through her curls, "And she's got this weird hair color, it's not normal."

I froze, "Oh, yeah?" I knew Karma was going to get me some how, and I didn't imagine it like this. I find a cute girl that I haven't ruined my image with but she happens to be roomies with the girl I dumped because she was phsyco. Awesome, karma, thank you.

Krista nodded, "Yeah. Well, I guess I gotta go." She waved, "Nice meeting you Tanner. I'll see you on Thursday, maybe." She gave a tight smile and walked away.

I closed my eyes and contemplating on whether or not I should still go for this girl. I could risk the whole confrontation or completely avoid it by not pursuing a further relationship with Krista. My thoughts were interupted by my phone vibrating.
Jenni

I groaned and opened up the text, Hey, hottie. U looked mighty cute. Wanna visit me @ my dorm 2nite? Building F room 35! ;) btw tht girl u were sitting with is not cute. I'm hotter! I rolled my eyes, this girl had been on my nuts for the past summer.

I didn't even realize she was in this class, good thing she didn't come and sit next to me. I opened up my keypad, No thanks. And I think she's cuter than you. Bye. Stop texting me. Not interested. I tossed my phone in my bag and headed out of the class, it took forever for girls to stop swarming me. I heard the vibratation and ignored it, her response was probably something witty and rude. I didn't mind or cared for the matter, I just wanted to start fresh this year. And fresh was Krista. I made my mind up, I was going to score a date with her and maybe some more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to
Haley'sfreakingout.

feedback,rec,sub.