St. Lucie Meets the Mafia

Seniors Go Mute

We walked to our table talking about…I don’t even remember what, but that’s not important. Today however was; seniors could not talk to underclassmen, which was everyone who has not a senior. They got a round green sticker in first period and if they did not talk to anyone who was a senior they were able to keep it. If senior saw another senior talking to an underclassman, they could take away their sticker and keep it for themselves. Apprently there was a prize at the end if you still had your sticker. Wasn’t much of a big deal for me, I only had two classes with seniors and only one I actually talked too, Peter. That changed however when I got to lunch.

We passed right by Louis and he simply poked each of us. He followed us to our table and gave me a hug.

“Do you have food?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Do you have money?” I asked again. He gave a sneaky look and rubbed his hands together.

‘Why isn’t he saying anything?’ I wondered for a moment.

“He can’t talk dumbutt!” Anni told me. I then suddenly realized the green sticker on his chest.

“You’re a senior?!” I asked in shock, he just nodded his head.

“Oh crap…”

“You didn’t know that?” Anni asked me.

“No… I thought he was a junior!” I said outraged.

“I knew.” Krystal said.

“Me too.” Anni said.

“Whatever…”

He left and a few minutes later, Marcy came along, with about 6 green stickers on her shirt.

“Hm, I love this lunch. Too bad there’s no one to steal it from!” she said totally ignoring us.

“Hey you can’t tlak to us, you’re a senior!” Gerardo apposed.

“She’s not, she’s talking to herself outloud!” Krystal explained.

“Oh…”

“Let’s see what’s inside this bag…” She picked up Krystal’s brown paper bag and held it up to her face and Gerardo slapped it down.

“Damn you, god!” She said. I laughed. She walked around.

“Hm, I love this sandwhich…” She tried to snatch Krystal’s sandwich but failed. She left empty handed.

“Look! It’s Chris!” I pointed out to Anni. We hadn’t seen him around lunch since before spring break.

“CHRIS!” He came oer and gave Anni a hug. They talked about what’d he’d been up to, such as making out with a guy he’s not even going out with and stuff like that. Before he left he gaves us a small group hug and went on with his life.

Louis came back to our table. Silently drank some of our slushy and got a hand full of fruit loops from Krystal.

“Hey…” She complained. He just pointed at her, and put his hands over his chest in a heart shape towards her. He smiled and gave her a hug. He gave Anni a hug and grabbed my cheek affectionately. He even opened his arms for a hug towards Gerardo. We laughed as Gerardo gave a look of distaste, Louis bounded over ot him anyway and gave him a hug.

”Aww…” we said at the sight. Until he reached over him and grabbed a piece of his pizza.

“You see! He doesn’t talk to us and he still steals our food!” Krystal said madly. He just gave us cocky grin and a thumbs up.