Status: Completed.

An Awakening.

I awoke in a room.

I awoke in a room, the floor was tiled, chips and cracks caught my tattered clothing as I slowly sat up. The walls were black tiles, there was a single window pointing to the east, the sun was just rising allowing a streamline of light to reflect off the dark tiles causing a dark rainbow effect. A door sat at the edge on the room, a single caged red light above it, sending out little light. I looked out the window from my place on the floor; trees were blooming with new life, grass shimmering with morning dew.

I looked around the room, there was nothing in here with me, the room was small; I could see everything, except past the dark shadow enveloping the edge of the room. A sound came, a creaking. I looked towards the door, it was opening slowly. I tried to stand but my legs wouldn’t allow such a movement. A young girl came through the door; she had deep brown eyes and curly blonde hair. She wore a purple dress with yellow shoes and her arms were on show. Cuts and bruises covered her limbs and a weeping cut protruded below her left eye.

“Come on, come and play with us.” She giggled loudly.

“Me?” I looked at her.

“Not you. Him!” She pointed excitedly behind me. “Come on everyone, he’s here we can play games now!”

I stared as the door was opened further as hundreds of children flooded the small tiled room, laughing and screaming, they ran over me, knocked me unconscious, I stayed there, dazed as screaming ceased and footsteps faded to nothing.