Hungry Hearts

Dimples

Carolyn's point of view


I was glad I didn't have to work today. The past week had been tough on me, and I was getting tired of getting hit on all the time. It was nice to finally have a break without some horny fuck putting their hands all over me.

I rubbed my temples when I felt a headache coming on. I knew I was out of medicine so I quickly got dressed so I could run to the store, and maybe stop by Starbucks to get a coffee. I just felt too lazy to make it myself.

The temperature was perfect today. It wasn't hot, but it wasn't cold either; It was just right. The wind slightly whistled and I could smell the Pacific Ocean. It was absolutely breath taking. I loved the smell of the ocean.

I walked past the park and frowned a little when I realized I never got a chance to do that when I was their age. I was just shy of five years old when my parents gave me my first taste of alcohol. It's sad, but it's true. It was whiskey - Jack Daniels to be exact. I remembered making a disgusted face, because not only did it burn, it made my eyes water. I cried when my parents started laughing at me. That's how sick and twisted they were.

I blocked out the rest of that horrible memory and continued to make my way to the pharmacy. It was the only thing closest to where I lived. I didn't own a vehicle, but it was nice to just walk. The convenient store was twenty minutes away, and I didn't feel like walking that far.

The bell dinged when I opened the door to step in the store. There weren't that many people. There was an old couple checking out, and a little girl with her mother who was getting her kid some medicine. I smiled when I realized the little girl was looking at me. She smiled back and returned her attention back to her mother.

I quickly grabbed what I needed and checked out.

It took me ten minutes to get to Starbucks. It was the opposite way of where I lived, but I didn't mind.

The line wasn't long at all. There was only a few people, but one of them stuck out more than the others. He had tattoos, a baseball cap that was turned backwards, and a bandana underneath. Weird, I thought. I couldn't see what he looked like because he had his back towards me.

I looked up at the menu while waiting. I wanted to try some thing different. I scanned the menu and smiled upon seeing the one that I wanted; Iced peppermint white chocolate mocha. I licked my lips wishing the line would move quicker. I needed the hot beverage so I could take some medicine for the headache that I still had.

A few of the customers decided they didn't feel like waiting anymore so they left. The line wasn't that long, but I guess they were just too damn impatient. And I was now stuck behind Mr. Tattoos who happened to smell really good.

I blushed when he turned around and sent me a dimpled smile? He had dimples? And his lips were pierced? even better, I thought. No. I needed to stop thinking about things like that. Men were my weakness. I returned the smile and turned my attention to the floor. When I didn't feel his gaze on me anymore, I looked back up. He was now ordering.

The lady gave him his beverage, and when he turned around, he sent me another smile. I kindly returned it and walked up to the cashier. I turned around but he had already left. I frowned. Why was I frowning though? I had no idea who he was or why I was feeling a little sad he left.

I told her what I wanted. I tapped my fingers along the counter and just started thinking about that guy. He was really gorgeous. His eyes were hazel, and he had the most adorable dimples. I couldn't get those dimples out of my head.

"Here you go," the lady behind the counter said, handing me my drink. I quickly paid and took a sip of my drink. It was amazing. I don't know why I never tried it before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Carolyn and Matt finally saw each other. They didn't meet because they didn't exchange names or anything of the sort. But what do you think?

Matt's point of view is next. ;)

And I would like to thank the following for commenting. You have no idea how much I appreciate it:

Suck My Kiss.
QueenofBatCountry
Miss.CorrCorr
HoplessHearts99
Fiction;
raindrxps