Status: on again.

Marching Band

Life These Days Is Getting Rough

Geoff cleared his throat, sending a small glare over to Michael who was still continuing to laugh at his joke. It was several moments before the boy realized that the man didn't approve and quickly silenced his hysterics, trying to look apologetic.

The older man chuckled with a shake of his head. "What are we going to do with you Rachael?"

Michael was about to protest and inform everyone to stop referring him to his would've been name if he had been born a girl but Cam held up a hand. Once that baby story came out there was no stopping anybody - even the fans joined in - from teasing him about it.

The remaining band mate smirked at the told off Mikey. They shared glances and chuckled once more before eventually getting back to their previous conversations. There wasn't an awkward silence clouding over the dinner table until Michael opened his mouth to release an inappropriate opinion but now it was alright all over again.

Around five minutes later, they were all done with dinner and Geoff said, "So who's washing up?" Every single peson around him fell quiet all looking down, not wishing to catch his gaze since he'd most likely choose them. He sighed beginning to collect the dirty plates, piling them onto each other and placing them into the sink.

Aubrey's chair produced a screeching sound as she stood up, helping her boyfriend's father tidy up the table. "I'll wash up Geoff," she offered. She wasn't one to come off as a completely rude guest and since he had cooked for all of them, it was only fair that one of them were to clean up. "Really. I'll do it."

"Thank you Bree! At least some people stil remember their manners," he said with one last glare at the guilty members who had begun leaving the table without another word. The Quisengs with Michael, Zach and Nathan - whom they invited over because the band purely missed him - all walked away from the kitchen and into the living room, where chaos would begin soon.

Cameron went over to his girlfriend's side, pressing his lips to her temple. She leaned carefully onto his lean torso, both enjoying the feel of their bodies in contact. "Thanks for offering Aubrey. Why are you so sweet?"

She laughed turning on the tap and waited for the water to heat up. "I don't know," she murmured. "Maybe I just want your family to love me."

It was his turn to chuckle. "Are you kidding me Bree? They adore you. It's your family, specially dad, I'm worried about."

"Please you're kidding me." She scoffed, squirting some dishwashing liquid onto a sponge. She began rubbing at the plates, furiously making sure that they were absolutely clean. It was true that she wanted to impress the Quiseng's; it had been five months into their relationship. "It doesn't take much to get my dad to like you and he already does."

Humming, Cameron thought about her response but doubted that it was true. He wrapped both arms around her waist, placing his cheek on the back of her head. "You sure?" he mumbled.

Aubrey wiped up the last of the glasses before turning around to face him. "Yes. Now stop being so insecure and kiss me." There was a deep demand in her tone and what kind of boyfriend would he have been if he was to disobey a kiss?

Cam bent down to reach the level of his girlfriend's and when their lips collided, their mouths possessed their bodies and took control. Her fingers glided up his back to find the mop of dark tousled hair on top of his head and she curled into them.

As his hands tightened their grip on each side of her hip, Aubrey opened her eyes and looked up. She found a small magnet clock on the fridge and gasped. He immediately pulled away worried if he'd gone too far this time - maybe he shouldn't have held her hips to tightly? Maybe he used to much tongue this time around?

"My brother's outside," she said.

Cameron sighed happily, relieved that she hadn't pulled away because of him then frowned. "I thought I was gonna drive you."

Aubrey smiled softly up at him. "Well he was coming from some study session with his friends and texted me that he'll pick me up."

He nodded and the couple made their way to the front of the house. Aubrey waved farewell and exclaimed goodbyes to everyone else sitting in the living room, playfully arguing, playing games and whatnot.

She enjoyed coming over her boyfriend's house since it was always so much fun. "Thanks I had a great night," she said stretching onto her toes to place a quick kiss on his lips.


The green eyed young man sat on the corner of his bed. He was leaning forward, back hunched over and head hanging low. His fingers were knotted in the dak strands of his fringe and he wanted so badly to rip them out as if it was his version of self harm. The physical pain of the hair being forcefully removed from his head would roll over the heart break right?

No, it wouldn't.

And Cameron knew it. He knew that once all hair was gone, more tears would've fallen from his crimson lined eyes and the extremely un-manly sobs would've sputtered out of his lips again. It didn't matter what kind of physical pain nothing could've make it go away.

Cameron grinned and she turned around to walk down the driveway, to where a car was rumbling quiet loudly or it was probably just the silence the evening came with. He stepped forward and gently grabbed her wrist. As she paused and faced him again, Cam reconsidered his thoughts but decided that this was the right moment. "I just wanted to tell you...I love you."

Her eyes grew wide as she processed the sentence he just said. She swore Cameron could've felt her heart hammering erratically against her rib cage. He stared happily at his girlfriend waiting for a - hopefully positive - response. It took Aubrey a couple of seconds to realize he needed an answer. "M-me too, Cam," she stuttered then jogged to her brother.


Cameron was slightly disappointed with her reply but didn't let it faze him. She probably was simply shocked by the fact that he had told her he already loved her. Well, at least that's what Cam had been saying to himself all night. To reassure himself that Aubrey was just surprised to let out a proper answer.

Then he realized this morning what the problem was. He realized when he heard his ringtone and saw 'Aubear <3' as the caller ID. He doubted when he noticed how strained her voice was when she talked to him. He realized when she broke up with him.

He realized she hadn't loved him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why am I writing this!?