Status: on again.

Marching Band

Feels Like You're Still Running Late

"...I hope we don't lose it all cause no summer lasts forever
No."


Zach tore his gaze away from the gathering crowd below him. His blue orbs were concentrating on the guitar strings and where his fingers were placed. He had always enjoyed performing this single - of course he enjoyed his others songs as well - a tad more than some of the others because he had experienced the storyline.

"On the beach in the heat, you know I need that sweet ocean air. I'm gonna go where I know we can be alone. I'll wait for you, wait for you there. Blame it on September. We can try to hold on but August is gone."

"Blame it on September cause it hurts to remember her
We can fight to hold on but August is gone. When the sun falls,
I hope we don't lose it all cause no summer lasts forever. Let's blame it on September. Blame it on September."


His arm movements immensely slowed down and the sound streaming from the guitar, descended. His blue eyes softened as he tried communicating with the audience through the emotions that swept through him as he sang this familiar song. "I can still see you standing there, summer tangled in your hair."

As he stood up from the wooden stool, the crowd erupted with glee. There were several older people and a few males but most of his audience consisted of young women and girls, all clapping wildly for the young man up on stage. He grinned at the pleased crowd, happy with himself for placing smiles on other people's faces.

"We love you Zach!" a group of fans screamed from the middle left side and he waved to them. Another chorus of squeals echoed through the grounds and everyone hollered, chaos unfolding in front of the stage.

Zach sent the audience another bow then removed the guitar strap from around his neck. He walked off to the side, to descend down the three steps. The noises of approval heightened as he left the stage, but slowly began to die down after they realized it was actually over. He handed the borrowed guitar back to its real owner before setting off on his own way.

The lead singer of Allstar Weekend wasn't too fond of going up and singing without the others and they weren't even scheduled to perform that day. But the demand from the fans that noticed he was there was too great to ignore. And Zach Porter wasn't one to deny the wishes of their girls and he loved performing. Besides, the others weren't going to be here until the event neared the end.

He walked around the stage, watching as a group of teenage boys gathered together as if preparing for their own performance. He smiled, old memories flooding back with ease through him. The young group reminded him of his younger years, the band's earlier days.

While he traveled the length of the grounds, he searched for somewhere to eat at. Surely an event like this would've at least provided a couple of food stalls, even only one. Zach's eyes brightened as he saw a fast food stand and even though it wasn't Taco Bell, he headed straight for it.

As he rested at one of the plastic tables and seats, he munched greedily on the food he ordered. He shoved the hot fries into his mouth unaware of how hungry he'd been until the moment he received the food. Zach laughed at his hunger antics wondering why he never seemed to gain weight at all.

He felt a buzz deep within his back pocket whilst he gulped down half of his water bottle. He checked the caller ID, finding out it was Michael before answer the vibrating phone. "Yep, Mikey?"

"Hey, um, d'you know if Cam's coming? He still seemed pretty upset about the break up when I saw him this morning, his brown eyed friend informed him.

Zach sighed, feeling pity for the youngest bandmate. He wished that there was a way he could've comforted Cameron instead of pigging out and playing the guitar. This dilemma worried Zach to no end as Cam was always the happy and positive member. He was the one who made others feel better, not the other way around.

Thought he was being a little hard on him. Not everyone who had a smile on their face could always be happy. At times Cameron deserved a break from the enlightening aura and just let go. Specially now that he was in an extremely fragile state of mind.

"Not sure, man," he admitted. "Have you tried calling him?"

There was a pause from the other line. "Yeah? Wha- oh yeah I have. He isn't answering any of my calls or texts. But I just texted Anna and she told me he's staying over there for today."

"So it's just the two of us again huh? How's Alex?"

"Zach!" he exclaimed loudly and the poor boy had to pull the phone from beside his ear. "You know she hates that nickname. Will it be okay if she comes?"

"Sure, why not?" His blue eyes wandered around as he continued on the conversation with Michael. A figure sitting three of four tables away caught his eye and he grinned as he realized who it was. "Oh-I gotta go now. I'm texting Cam later. You coming soon?"

"Yup soon. See ya later Zach." He mumbled a quick goodbye then hung up, hurriedly slipping the device back into his jeans pocket.

He stood up rather carelessly and almost tripped over his own feet. His eyes traveled down making sure his shoes were alright and chuckled to himself once more. It wasn't a surprise how the fans had labeled him as the extremely awkward one. The whole population of the earth should've figured that out by now.

Zach gathered his rubbish and found the nearest bin, and discarded the garbage inside his hands that used to be food. He collected his half full water bottle, straightening himself out as he strutted - at least tried to - where the girl he had an interesting but quickly cut off conversation with earlier today.

He thought he lost her in the not even dense crowd until he spotted a head of black hair. The girl didn't even look up even though he had produced quiet a lot of noise as he neared her. Zach's impatience gnawing at him from the inside, he coughed.

The blood drained from his cheeks when the young lady lifted up her head. He was confused and a tad scared. "I-I'm sorry I though you were someone else. I though you were Pamela." The girl merely frowned up at the rambling boy in front of her before finding disinterest and going back to her novel.

He heard a laugh from the side and he cocked his head. This time his eyes met with the real Pamela Halton. She barked out another laugh. "I thought being in a band would give you the pass from humiliation," she exclaimed.

Unlike before, the blood rushed to his cheeks and in no time his whole head was burning from the embarrassment. When he accepted the fact that he was awkward, he hadn't thought that the world would've taken advantage of that.

Her giggles ended and she stuck a hand out. "Pamela Halton. I, actually watch myself in public since I like the attention." Zach was confused with her words, and she came off as rather obnoxious once more, but accepted the handshake nonetheless.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little filler. The ending is so random aha :)