Status: on again.

Marching Band

Midnight Doesn't Last Forever

Michael averted his gaze from the television screen, carrying a scene from the fourth movie of the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn, to the pair of feet placed on his lap. He gazed at the two fluffy sock covered feet smiling because they were both in such a small size.

"What are you smirking at?" His eyes traveled up the leg and torso of the person owning the feet, and eventually reached the sweet innocent face of Alexandra. She raised an eyebrow curious about his serious attentiveness of her feet. "Is there something about my feet you have an infatuation for?"

He suppressed rolling his eyes though sent the girl a mere smirk. "They're just so tiny, dude."

Her jaw lowered in an instant as if she couldn't believe what she had just heard. Alexandria wasn't gasping about him calling her by an informal nickname but for teasing her about her feet size. She lightly kicked his stomach - she would've lifted her right foot and quickly dropped it but she didn't want to injure his manhood - and he coughed.

"Really? You're so mean," he whined, bottom lip jutting out making him look like a lost puppy.

She scoffed. "You're lucky I didn't kick your balls, Rachael." She prolonged the ay sound just to get her point across.

Everyone who was anyone who knew Alexandria knew she wasn't one to use the designated nicknames or titles every other person used. She was one who appreciated the differences in people and she was the type of person who really was far from, for lack of better word, mainstream.

So Michael was certain she was calling him that for a particular unknown reason or to simply irk him. She was fond of playing with the boy. On normal occasions, he would've scowled at the mention of the damned nickname but when Lexi said it, he smiled; in a fairly affectionate way too. It was a little something that reminded him that she was very much comfortable with being around him.

Silence fell between the two good friends. Whenever this happened it was rarely one of those comfortable moment of quietness when there was no need to say a word. No, it was usually an awkward silence. The duo were always talking, regardless of the place, time or surrounding people. But since they were watching a film, let's say it was an appropriate time for a silence moment.

It was the part when the two protagonists, Edward and Bella, now a, Cullen had just arrived at their private island. The island where they would spend the next weeks of their honeymoon. Michael thought it was a pretty nice idea owning your own island, being able to visit it at anytime, maybe once with a special someone.

Alexandra had other concoctions meddling around in the complicated mind of hers. "I wish I could have someone like Edward," she murmured so softly that Michael had to strain his ears to catch the words. "He's so sweet."

He snickered at her craving. She flashed him over a disapproving glare. "You can have someone so much better. Someone you don't have to give up your human-ness for."

"Oh god Mike." Her giggle was unbearably awkward. "Human-ness? Though it's not the whole vampire thing, it's how he treats. He treats Bella like she's the most precious piece of China. It's immensely sweet, a little creepy, but sweet." When she finished that sentence, her eyes burned through his, tingles coursing up his arms. "A little like you."

Michael smiled. "Thanks Lexi. Sweet and creepy? Awesome combination. I sound like a seductive rapist."

With a shake of her head, she laughed off his uncomfortable comment. Of course he always had to ruin a good old passion filled moment. Things like that made him squirm but Alexandra was alright with it - they had known each other for years so it was expected.

The not so intimate love scene had come up and it made Michael shift uncomfortably in his seat. The scene wasn't even near to the real thing but it still made him feel awkward; watching it with a close female friend and whatnot. He poked through his thoughts desperate for a worthy conversation to disrupt the watching of this part. "Aye."

Her head tilted to the side to face him once more. "Yeah? Uneasy?"

"No.." he trailed off but her expression showed that he was terrible at lying to her. "Yeah but uh-can we go to the event now? Zach called like," he paused checking the watch on his wrist, "like uh almost an hour ago."

She nodded, now also equally as uncomfortable thanks to him, and slid her feet off his lap, standing up to stretch her rested muscles. She reached down for the two remote controls on the coffee table pressing the OFF button each, shutting down the television and DVD player.

Michael followed lazily behind her as she padded across the carpeted floor, to her bedroom. Picking up her favourite pair of lace up boots, Alexandra placed her backside on the floor sliding the shoes on. "Not gonna change socks?" She shrugged uncertain why she's leave the nice comfort of the fluffiness that was her socks. "Even your shoes are tiny."

With a groan Leox backhanded the back of his leg. "Back off Mike or I'll steal that hat of yours."

At the harsh threat, his hands immediately went to the 'trendy' SnapBack covering the short black black hair of his. She rolled her eyes at his anxiety over a simple cap but never questioned his style. His attire and own self always looked good in whatever he chose to wear. Maybe it was his admirable wit and confidence.

Eventually dome getting ready, she felt her back pockets checking for phone and house key before pushing Michael out of her personal lair. As they reached the hall leading towards the front door, Alexandra yelled loud enough for her sister to hear since she was having a shower, "I'm going now. You want anything?"

"No!" came the reply. "Wait-can I get a bucket of Ben & Jerry's? And if there are any string bracelets, to wherever you're going would you mind buying me a couple?"

"Sure," exclaimed Alexandra, opening the front door slowly knowing her sibling well enough to know she'd say something else.

"And if you don't wanna spend your money, get like twenty dollars from my bag or something."

She nodded forgetting her sister wasn't able to see her from the bathroom. Not caring about spending her own cash, she pulled Michael out of the house, locking the door and rushing over to his car parked infront of her house.

Michael fingered all his pockets fishing for his car keys. The vehicle produced the sound of it unlocking but before he could step around the ride, Alexandra's palm stopped him. His brown eyes maneuvered around her face searching for an emotion. His eyebrows tightened together to a frown. "What?" he mumbled.

Alexandra smiled brightly up at him. "Thanks Mike. If it wasn't for you I'd still be moping around in my prison, hurting and blaming myself when I already had a heartbreak. I still do wonder why none of my relationships work out. Sometimes I wonder if that's something with the male species having trouble with commitment then I remembered I'm bi and that's also happened with girlfriends. Is there something wrong with me?"

"N-"

She exhaled sharply. "Ah never mind. There might be but why worry about that now? I just wanna say how grateful I am to have you in my life and that I thank you for being here with me right now helping me get through this." Michael smiled lovingly down at the rambling girl.

"You're just the greatest guy out there and I wished there was more Michael Martinezes living. Hey if I never find the right person, I've always got you, right?" As the two friends embraced each other on the cement path, they had no idea how much of an impact her last sentence would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really am fond of this story :)