Status: on again.

Marching Band

But We're Not On The Same Page

In the words of The Script, when a heart breaks it doesn't break even. Cameron believed the lyrics with all his shattered pieces of broken heart. He imagined the immensely necessary organ as a glass piece carved and shaped into a perfect heart. 

In his mind he then pictured his now ex girlfriend reaching for his chest right before her pale hand sunk right into the depths of his flesh and he felt his heart get taken. As soon as she grasped the heart and pulled it from his rib cage, she held it over the edge of a cliff and, with a wicked smile across her post beautiful lips, released her hold on it. 

Cameron chuckled to himself. He swore he heard the crack of something and he pretended that it was his heart - whilst in the process being mended with a little time his heart been broken for the umpteenth time once more. It was as if every time he thought of her, the whole engineering of heartache began again. 

His sibling, Anna noticing his lack of attentiveness to the movie being played, stood from her comfortable position on the recliner and walked over to the couch, where his limbs were sprawled indifferently. He had pleaded for his younger sisters to watch this film and yet he was the one not bothered enough to even keep his eyes on the screen. She waved a hand in front of his glazed over orbs before snapping her fingers. 

"What?" he snapped, a little harsher than usual. Anna thought little of it seeing as this is how he'd been behaving the past couple of days. What she wasn't having was his wavering attention to the movie. She was being forced into watching it and if he didn't do that, then consequences were to be held. 

As if Anna were older, she rested her palms on both hips glaring down at the grown man sitting down in front of her. His green eyes stared on with both curiousity and annoyance. "Do you have anything to say for yourself Cam?"

He stayed silent shaking his head. She raised an eyebrow not giving in until he apologized for his immaturity and ill manners. Cameron eventually caved under the pronounced glower from his own sister - he was older too, which meant he ought to be the sensible one in the household even if he really was only visiting. "I'm sorry." He frowned, not at Anna, but with disappointment in his self. When had he allowed himself to transform into a broken boy? Cameron merely wanted a normal and fun filled young adult life with a tinge of romance but apparently it wasn't meant to be. 

Anna knowing the sensitivity of her brother, felt the pity overgrow the frustration. She wasn't deprived from the knowledge of the pain Cameron had to endure. It simply want fair to put anyone in the situation he was in. With a sigh she asked Bridget, "Pause the movie for me? You can go if you want Bridge."

She almost laughed when the youngest of the trio breathed a relieved sigh before scurrying out of the living room. She too wasn't enjoying the film and if it wasn't for her sweet brother, she would've ran out of the room earlier. 

Alone at last, she ventured to the other end of the sofa and plopped herself down, preparing for the next few moments of heartfelt words and painful confrontations. She patted the knees of her older brother as if that would've soothed him from the upcoming conversation. 

Everyone who was a close friend or relation of Cameron knew of the recent breakup and heartbreak. It would've been to easy to know something was wrong anyway even if he hadn't explained to them what had happened because he was like an open book. He was innocent and sweet. He was bubbly and joyful. He was sweet and respectful. All the things he used to be before she had broken his heart over the phone. 

Anna cringed at the thought of any girl ever breaking up with her brother. He was the greatest gentleman she'd ever met and anyone who would not want him in love with them sounded insane to her. Maybe she was being a tad biased; seeing that Cam was her brother after all. But if she had to marry someone it would be a man similar to him. 

"You know-I- I'm sorry Anna." She turned her head to face him and frowned. "I'm sorry because you'll have to wait a decade and more to have nieces and nephews since I'll never get married. And you'd have to wait til Bridget is old enough."

In under circumstances she would've thought this a joke and laughed it off but from the serious expression upon Cameron's face she knew he wasn't kidding. Anna was well aware of the times he'd had his heart broken and he'd had a fair share of messed up girlfriends. Then again she hoped he wouldn't take everything so seriously because in the future, what he said might just come true. "Come on Cam, I know you don't mean that," she murmured just loud enough for him to hear. 

He stared at her sadness erupting from the green ashes of his eyes. "I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why won't any girl want me? Did I do something? I always manage to drive them away."

Anna sent him over one of her sympathetic smiles as she dwelled in the memories of the past, reminiscing over his ex girlfriends. Each and everyone of them had a unique story behind them, but at times it was the same old concept all over again. Cameron was a simply easy going boy, he loved honestly and quickly and another weakness was that he could be extremely gullible when necessary. 

One of his old girlfriends had merely used him for her fifteen minutes of fame. Anna wasn't one to remember hateful people's names and she surely wouldn't have wished to remember what the girl was called or what she looked like. Of course Cameron didn't want to believe that he was used or that his ex would ever do such a thing but everyone else could she what she had done. 

The girl was fan. She acted like the majority of fans, or what they preferred to call themselves, fangirls or fanboys. She was nice, excited and sweet. She laughed and smiled when the boys took pictures of her; giggled when they kissed her cheeks and pulled her into an embrace; she enjoyed the company of Allstar Weekend. Just like any other fan. 

But there was something inside of her that Cameron hadn't experienced in the other fans. He wasn't too sure of what it was but it was just there, in her heart. Or maybe she had 'accidentally' dropped her phone in front of the boys' tour bus. Thus began the untold relationship of the two. 

It was around seven months into being a couple when Cameron had offered her to go on tour with him and the band. With her heart set for Cameron she agreed without slight hesitation. She flaunted him around, told all her friends, persuaded Cam that it was alright if they went public and that she was able to withhold the hate that would befall her position of being girlfriend. 

Nobody saw the flaw in these things until tour ended. It was the last day of their tour and the day of their final concert in the state of California. Cameron had woken up that morning with a smile on his face yet uncertain of why. He noticed that he was in a hotel room all alone in the great king sized bed. He remembered the events of last night finally knowing why he'd woken up with such delight. It hadn't occurred to him that the wonderful girlfriend of his had drowned in the pleasure of being within arms and hotel bedsheets before running away with another man, leaving the received two second fame and amazing boyfriend. And the longest relationship - just over a year - ended.

That was just that start of his curses. There was another girl who lasted the relationship for a solid six months. She was nice and lovely and sweet and seemed to care a lot about Cameron. It was exactly the same story of his recent break up. He met a girl after a mild party but the pair were not drunk. The conversations lasted until the early hours of the next day and from then on the two were inseparable. The poor girl was desperate for a piece of Cameron Quiseng but he wouldn't allow it since he was afraid that she'd leave him after like everyone else did. He explained to her that he loved her and it wasn't lust; she was either afraid of the love or convinced that Cameron had a disease. 

There were so many other misfortunes that it would've dragged all the energy out of Anna if she retold them all. There was only one conclusion that she'd had in her mind lately and it seemed alright and easy enough to decipher. It was a simple answer but she doubted that Cam would've ever accepted it. 

"I think they're scared Cam." It was his turn to raise a brow. If anything, he was the one frightened - of past girls and the next women who would catch his eyes, of what the future held, of love, of being rejected and torn apart again. "They're scared of you. I think they run away because it might all seem like a dream."

"What?" he voiced. 

"How often do you pass by a cute, handsome and lean guy? Who is sweet and pure, who is non-judgmental, who cares about what's inside? Who likes to read and be dorky? Who's awkward but really smooth with girls? Who likes to be cute and romantic and also flirty? Who surfs, plays the guitar, who is a member of an awesome band and still manages to stay down to earth?"

"No. You don't. Nobody can. But you're all of those things. And maybe they think that you're so perfect that it can't be true. And it's driving them crazy because they can't tell if you're a dream or if you're real. And it scares them away."

He swallowed the lump in his throat letting all of this sink in. "Anna, thank you. You're the greatest little sister anyone can ever wish for." But doubt still floated in the mind of his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh....