Status: for a contest

55 Weeks.

I had to remind myself I was lucky.

I watched her for years date too many guys. I watched as guys would undress her with their eyes as she would walk by them. I watch as a handful of guys broke her heart. I feel as if I watched too many things happen to her.
I remember the first time I met her. She was at my friends Nix's party. Neither of us could figure out who she knew at the party. I remembered how it took everything in me to go up to her and ask her what her name was. I remember exactly how she licked her lips almost as if she was trying to pull me in before she said her name. I remember how the name Anastasia never sounded so sexy before it left her lips that night.
After the first night I met her it took another month before she crashed another one of Nix's parties. I remember I stood in the kitchen leaning against the counter listening to Nix as he talked about the latest girl he had slept with. I half way listened to him as I watch Anastasia walk by me. I said nothing to Nix I just follow Anastasia as she walked out of the kitchen. I never knew why I followed her I just did.
Before her I was a different person. I was very quiet and I kept to myself. The only true friend I really had was Nix's. I never cared to open up to anyone else, and in all honesty nobody else really noticed I exist. I was what you would call a wallflower.
I fantasized about having a relationship with Anastasia too many times, and it never happened. The night of the second party when I followed her out of the kitchen, I ended up following her into the backyard where she convinced me to play never have I ever. The game must have lasted at least an hour. When we were done playing to asked me if I would walk her home. I didn't hesitate. After a short five minute walk I dropped her off at her house. I remember fondly her reaching into my front pocket and pulling out my phone like it was no big deal. She put her number in my phone and put it back in my pocket.
It took her a week before she finally texted me. I learned very quickly that Anastasia did everything at her own pace.
The first time she texted me there was no small talk or anything like that. She jumped straight to the chase and asked me to meet her at the Starbucks up the road from her place on Tuesday for coffee.
When Tuesday came around she told me about family problems she had had in the passed. She also told me about her last boyfriend Blake who broke her heart. She told me at the age of seventeen she had had her heartbroken two time. The at the age of twenty-one when she was my friend it had been broken three more times. In between those loves there had even been a few flings, and causal guys as she would refer to as the guys she had slept with that she wasn't dating.
First there was Leo when she was eighteen. She told me he was the one, that he made her feel like she was in a romance movie. Second Eric when she was nineteen and half. She told me when she first started dating him that it wouldn't last. He was a guy she had gone to school with since they were six. She couldn't have been more wrong after four months into the relationship she was sitting on my living room couch watching tv with me, when she told me she was in love with him. Then there was guy number three my best friend Nix's who knew I was in love with her. They started out as one night stand. One night then turned into friends with benefits. There fuck buddy relationship only lasted a month before they became a "real couple".
I hated when the two of them would talk to me about their relationship. I would hear from both of them how happy they were, and they were happy until Nix cheated on her with some girl name Sadie that was in his sociology class.
I'll never forget when Anastasia found out the first thing she did was went over to Nix's house and spray painted on his car "I hope she was worth it," I'd never seen him so pissed in his life. I remember at that exact moment that's when I realized I had to tell Anastasia I loved her. I knew she loved me too even if she didn't know it. Our relationship was like one big game. She would flirt with me then make me blush, then she would go to tell me about this new guy. I had to tell her that I loved her, before she fell in love again with someone else. I felt deep down inside I didn't stand a chance with her, but I knew I had to let her know.
I sat outside her house for at least a half hour trying to gather up the courage to get out of my truck and knock on her front door. There was a few reasons I couldn't bring myself to get out of the truck. One being I knew Nix would be pissed if I got with his ex. Two being I was terrified she's reject me like I had seen her first hand do to many guys. I took a deep breath before I got out of my truck.
The walk up to her front door had never seem longer. I wait patiently for someone to answer the door. I held my breath as I heard someone on the other side twisting the door nob to open the door. I closed my eyes quickly to see Anastasia standing in front of me.
The first words out of her mouth was asking me why I came over. I told her I came over because I had something to tell her. It took me a full minute of stumbling over my words before I finally blurted out that I loved her. She got a big smile on her face and told me it was about time I admitted it. That was the first time we made love after it confessed my love to her.
It took her a month before she finally told me she loved me. We dated for a year and during those fifty-five weeks I couldn't have been happier. We almost made it to a year and one month when I lost her. She was driving over to my house when a car ran a red light and killed her on impacted. I felt like a piece of me died that day with her.
At Anastasia Maria Carson's funeral there was more people then I think I had ever met in my life. I sat in the back the row and listened as some of her favorite songs were played. I listened as her older brother Devon gave a speech. I watch as everyone cried.
As everyone left the church I was lasted to leave. When the room was empty walked up to her casket, and looked at the open area to see her lying there looking as if she was just sleeping. I felt a tear slide down my cheek at the fact I would never get to hold her again or get to hear her voice. I told her I loved her before I said my final goodbye to her.
As I walked towards my truck so I could go home and try to forget about my pain I told myself that I was lucky I finally got a back bone and told her how I really felt. I also told myself I was lucky I was able to love her, and I was lucky she loved me. I might not have had her for long but at least I got to have her for some point in time.
I took a deep breath before getting into my truck. I took one last look at the church and thought I might have lost her, but at least I was lucky enough to have her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've never wrote an original one shot before. I also have never written a story like this with no dialogue. I hope you like this asyousleep; I'm sorry if there are like a million errors I don't have Mircosoft word right now and wrote this on my phone's notepad.