Status: up and running :)

When She Cries

Chapter two (Zacky P.O.V)

Zacky P.O.V.
I watched as Jimmy chased my four-year-old daughter around the back yard her giggles making a huge smile spread across my face. I took a sip of my beer listening to Matt say something about making a new album. We are gathered at my place for a cook out just to hang out and celebrate Brian becoming a daddy in seven months.
“Daddy help me!” I sat my beer down just in time to catch my baby in my arms. “Jimmy trying to eat me!” I laughed at her as Jimmy grabbed her from me and started tickling her. “No he got me.” I can’t believe how much she looks like her mother with big beautiful blue eyes and soft blonde curls. Speaking of her mother here come my wife now with Val and Michelle I opened my arms for her to sit in my lap. “Hey babe.” I kissed her lips softly which she deepened.
“Mommy uncle Jimmy keeps trying to eat me and daddy won’t help.” Gena picked Gwen up with a small smile on her face. “Is that so?” she asked and Gwen just nodded her head furiously. “Well then what should we do about that?” I watch as my daughter eyes light up with excitement. “We need uncle Matt help.” At the sound of his name my best friend eyes landed on my daughter with wariness. “What would you need me for?” she jumped out of her mother arms over to Matt when he picked her up she whispered something in his ear, his eyebrows scrunched together before a huge smirk made it way on his face.
I looked at Jimmy who was drinking a beer harassing short shit not even knowing my daughter could very well be plotting his death. “Are you sure?” Matt asked and Gwen nodded, Matt sighed before standing handing his beer to his wife Val, before walking towards Jimmy. Everyone watched as Matt lifted a heavy drummer over his shoulder before quickly throwing him into my pool. We laughed as Matt sat back down with a laughing Gwen on his lap as Jimmy slowly got out the pool.
“That was mean little Gwenie, I’ll get you back.” I started to worry a little at the smile Jimmy was wearing on his face but Gwen just laughed harder. “Daddy turn!” she clapped her hands looking up at Matt with those eyes no one can say no to. “What no Gwen if you don’t have daddy thrown in the pool I will gave you a cookie.” I bribed her I know it wrong but it just a cookie.
She put her little finger to her chin to think about it before she nodded and held her hand out for a cookie. I got up putting Gena in my seat before heading to the kitchen to get her cookie like I promised; I grabbed the cookie and a few more beers when the phone rang. I sat the stuff on the counter to answer the phone.
“Hello?” “Zack it me Tina.” I wonder why she was calling me I send my child support so there no reason for her to call. “What do you want?” I asked kind of harshly, she took my daughter away, but I’m just in the wrong because I didn’t fight for her. “You need to come and get her she fucked my life enough.” It took me a second to realize she wanted me to come and get Lyric. I don’t know how I feel about that I mean I have a new life and family, I love my daughter but do I want to take care of a teenager.
“Look if you don’t come and get her I’m dropping her off at the foster home.” What the fuck can you even do that with an older kid? “Alright I will be there in a few hours.” With those words we hug up. I haven’t thought of Lyric since I met Gena when lyric was like five. I wonder how she grew up, and why her mother doesn’t want her. I looked at the now hot beer so I put them back to get colder ones then grabbed the cookie for Gwen and headed back outside. “I took you long enough.” Brian said grabbing a bottle of my arms popping it open and took big drink. I sat next to Gena handing Gwen who still sitting in Matt lap her cookie.
My head was still wrapped around the fact that I have to go get Lyric soon. “Zacky dude are you alright.” I snapped my head up to look at Jimmy I nodded slowly. “Yeah but your not going to believe who just called.” That caught everyone attention except the four year old eating her cookie. “Who?” Gena asked looking at me like I am Jimmy. “Tina.” I felt like everyone stopped breathing for a moment. “What did she want?” I looked at my wife not knowing how she would feel about Lyric coming to stay with us.
“She wants me to come and get Lyric said if I don’t she sending her to foster care.” I looked to see shocked faces of my friends. “Can you even do that with a fourteen year old?” Johnny asked with a slightly sad face, he was closest to my oldest daughter but that is challenged with Brian. “I think so but I’m going to go down and get her in an hour.” Gena nodded looking a little mad. “What wrong?” I asked her softly not wanting her pissed at me.
“How come I haven’t met her are you embarrassed of me?” she asked upset I looked to the guys to see them shaking there head because they felt bad that cut Lyric out just like I did. “No babe, of course not, I haven’t talked to Lyric in almost eight years I believe.” I don’t know what I said to make a look of horror cross her face. “How old is she?” I had to think for a second how could I forget how old my own daughter is. “Um fourteen?” I said in a questing tone.
“So you haven’t talked to your daughter since we got together?” I nodded to tell her she is right. “What the fuck is wrong with you! Oh god she going to hate me for stealing her dad away.” She said in a panicky tone I wrapped my arms around her hopping to clam her down. “She not going to hate you.” I told my wife who nodded before walking in the house with Gwen, Val, Michelle, Lacey, and Lena right behind her.
The guys and I watch as the girls walked in the house. “It been so long since I even thought about little Lyric.” Jimmy whispered everyone nodded their agreement before going back to their drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy! :)