Status: active.

Ruled by Fate

nine

Monday was certainly a weird day.

Harry was in a bit of a slump after his friends left the night before. They all had long goodbyes, not wanting to leave each other for a long time period again. But they knew they had lives outside their weekend get togethers. They just wanted those lives to be together.

But what was weird was that Nahla was back to ignoring Harry like the plague, and Harry wondered if he had done something to upset her. He tried asking, but she'd just turn away from him or even walk away. Harry couldn't believe it; she went from acting like his best friend, to acting like when they first met.

Then Harry realized something: The kiss. Of course! How could he forget about such a wonderful thing? It had been the most magical moment of his life, and he wondered why she wanted to close herself off from him when all he practically wanted to do was marry her.

But then Harry started getting angry. How could she get so upset over it that she'd stop talking to him? She didn't seem put off or disgusted when it happened. Frankly, she looked like she love it. And now she was upset over it. Maybe this girl was bipolar. Or two personalities. That seemed more like it. Harry was convinced by the end of the day.

----

It was Thursday when Harry confronted her. He was just so angry that she was acting like this.

He walked up to her locker, where she was standing. It was after school right now, so mostly everyone was gone, save for the few over/underachievers. He slammed her locker closed, and he didn't flinch when she turned towards him with a menacing glare.

"What the fuck's your problem?" she snapped, and yeah, Harry was prepared for this, but here in the flesh, about to yell at the girl he really, really liked, it was absolutely terrifying.

But Harry didn't back out this time, and he didn't stutter like a fool. He stood firm, back straight, and said, "Why have you been completely ignoring me?"

Nahla rolled her eyes then, clearly irritated that Harry wanted to talk about this. But Harry didn't care, he wanted to talk, and that's what they were going to do, even if he had to force her. "Harry, not now."

"No, we're talking now," he said back, almost a little desperately. But he couldn't help it; being away from this girl was practically killing him. He just wanted to be with her, even if it meant staying friends.

But Nahla didn't answer him, only stared at her shoes, and that made Harry even angrier. Here he was trying to fix their friendship, or whatever they had, and she wasn't even looking at him. Some friend she's been. "You're such a bitch, Nahla."

She looked at him then, and Harry never saw so much hurt in he eyes until now. He hated seeing her like, hated being the cause of it. But it was time to start worrying about himself more than he worried about Nahla; he was hurting, too. "I don't know what's wrong with you. You've been oblivious of me since the day I first said hullo to you in class. You haven't realized that I'm absolutely mad for you."  

Her eyes widened at this, but Harry continued on, feeling more and more pressure lift off his shoulders. "That kiss we shared. It was the best one of my life. And I thought that since you kissed back, you must've liked it too. But I was obviously wrong. You seemed to like Zayn more than me."

"No, Harry-" she started, but Harry shook his head, and snapped, "Let me finish." She shut her mouth then, and Harry honestly wanted nothing more than to just go home right now. He was so tired of her games. "You're a coward because you don't want to see what's right in front of you. And I am done with it all. So it was nice knowing you." He turned on his heel then, stalking out the school and towards home.

It pained him to do so, to say all those words, but they needed to be said. And well, right now, he was only worried about not punching a wall and getting home.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooh noooooooo! :c What's going to haaaapppeeennn? I love Harry's little speech at the end, ahw c:

Anyways, yeah, okay, I lied earlier. This story actually has TEN chapters, and an epilogue. I apparently can't count to save my life and numbered my chapters wrong when I typed them out, so hah. One more chapter and an epilogue after this!

So yeahh, I want you guys to see the one-shots I made for a few contests! I'm pretty proud of them! There's Laundry Day, as previously said, and there's also Something Death Had Touched, and Tasting the Devil's Tears, which I haven't finished, but it'll be posted tonight because it's due tomorrow. c; Tell me what you think, yeah? Thanks a bunch. (:

So yeah, here's a few gifs. c:
the backside of zayn is gorgeous, omfg
Image
so is harry's smile c:
Image

So yeah, what'd you think? What do you think will happen?
-marley