I'm Looking for Something More Than This

Our First Date?

“I’m throwing Soph in!” Nathan shouted as he came up behind me and picked me up.

I hadn’t even figured out what was going on before I was being flung over his shoulder just as his feet grew close to the water’s edge. Squeals came out of me as I tried to hold onto him before he could throw me into the water… that I’m pretty sure was icy cold.

“Nathan, please,” I pleaded, holding onto his torso as tightly as I could.

“But, babe,” he chuckle.

“Pleease,” I whined.

“Ok, fine,” he huffed before placing me down just where the waves crashed against the shore.

I sent him a smile as to say thanks. His came over him too. Next, he leaned in for a kiss. Instead of letting our lips connect, I stepped to the side and pushed him right into the water, causing a splash that got me a little bit, but… he got the worst of it.

“Brilliant!” Jay shouted from behind us.

I just smiled and started back for the rest of the boys. Kirstie and Logan had just joined them too. When I had made it to them, a pair of wet arms wrapped tightly around my middle along with his slick chest.

“NATHAN!” I complained.

“Love,” Siva cooed.

I just made a face at him that made everyone else laugh. Thankfully, this was the last of our little ‘wet Nathan hugging Sophie’ stunt. Everyone headed for the water… Except Logan. He stayed back and called out for me to do the same. He had sat down on a blanket and patted the spot next to me. While everyone else went to start their little beach day, I was stuck with… Logan…

“So uh… Kirstie told me something a little bit ago,” he started softly so that only the two of us could hear.

“And that might be…”

“She… likes Kendall,” he replied.

“She told you?!” my eyes got wide. She told me not to tell anyone!

“You knew?” he tried to hold in his chuckle.

“Well, duh. Girl talk!” I gave his shoulder a push.

“Anyway, I want to… help get them together, but… I don’t really know how. And I know she trusts you, so I figured we could work something out,” he explained.

“Do you trust me?” I asked him.

“Well… um… yes?” he stuttered out.

“I’ll take care of it. Just make sure she gets on my bus before we leave for the next city tonight,” I smiled at him before I pushed myself to my feet.

“Yeah, but…”

“I’ll take care of it… Logie Bear,” I teased, making him roll his eyes.

While he was still mumbling as I walked off, I walked over to Nathan who was wading around in the water with a few of the other boys. Once he saw me coming, he smiled and opened his arms. Of course I’ve walked right into them. With me still pressed against his chest, I needed to inform him of my little plan…

“We need to set up a little date night,” I told him.

“Our first date?” he smiled.

“Not for us,” I corrected him, making that expression fade to a pout, “We need to give Kirstie and Kendall a little push.”

“But… us…”

“Will come in time,” I cut him off.

He still pouted at me. I thought it was cute. Before he could complain anymore, I gave his lips a quick peck. This made his smile comeback… and everyone around give a little holler. It made my cheeks flush red, but it eventually faded.

As the day wore on, I was trying to plan everything in my head so that it wouldn’t take much longer once we went to do it. I’m sure I could get Logan to help… But he needs to get Kirstie and Kendall to my bus tonight. That shouldn’t be hard right? Just say there’s a party… and they’re the only two invited…
♠ ♠ ♠
Soph

comment??