I'm Looking for Something More Than This

Care to Elaborate?

After I came out from my shower, Logan was back in my room. I was kind of annoyed. I didn’t want to talk about anything and that’s exactly what I thought he was going to do. I don’t talk about my feelings! And I’m not going to blab to my best friend’s brother about it!

But to my great surprise, he didn’t. He just… talked about… everything! He had me smiling and laughing. I didn’t think that was going to be possible. But Logan made it happen some how.

Through our laughter, there was a soft knock on my door. I told them to come in as my eyes drifted that way. Opening the door was Kirstie. She looked at me with a small smile. I returned it and patted the spot next to me on my bed.

“Everything ok?” she asked as she walked in.

“Fine,” I assured her.

“Can I talk to her, Logie?” she asked her brother with a goofy grin.

“Of course. I’ve had Sophie time all morning,” he replied as he got to his feet.

Before he stepped into the hallway, he turned back, sending me a wink and then shut the door. Oh that boy… Once he was gone, I turned to Kirstie.

“Are you sure everything’s fine?” she questioned.

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“Well, uh… Nathan was… here,” she told me.

“He was?” I felt my eyes get wide.

Is he still here now? Was he waiting for me? Did someone make him leave? Did he want to stay? Did he really want to see me? Did he… have another girl with him?

“I wasn’t sure if it was the right time for him to talk to you,” she spoke up.

“Oh,” was the only thing I could think to say.

“Did you… want to talk to him?”

“Kind of…” I sighed.

“Care to elaborate?” she teased.

“I really want to see him,” I huffed, pulling my knees to my chest, “But… I’m hurt.”

“How about you call him?” she suggested.

“I guess that could work,” I sighed.

She sent me a reassuring smile before giving me my space to call Nathan. Feeling my nerves start to set in, I still managed to grab my phone. Once his number was up and dialing, I felt so nervous. What do I say to him?! I don’t want him to sweet talk his way into making things seem ok when they’re… not.

“Hey, babe,” he answered… sweetly.

“Hey,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair. When he calls me babe…

“So um… I really would… love to see you,” he seemed nervous now.

“Why?” I found myself throwing back.

“I miss you,” he replied.

“You didn’t seem to miss me when you were with someone else,” I muttered.

I heard him let out a heavy sigh on the other end. Silence fell between the two of us. I didn’t now what else to say. He did it!

“Before we left for the States, I was… seeing someone,” he told me.

“Nathan,” I huffed, rubbing my forehead. He can’t be serious!

“I went to see her so I could break things off with her,” he went on.

“But you were with her while you were with me,” I still couldn’t get over.

“But I have feelings for you.”

“Did you tell this other girl the same thing?”

“Soph,” he sighed, obviously frustrated, “Can I just… come see you?”

“No,” I muttered.

“But, babe.”

“I’m not your babe, Nathan… I was probably one of many,” I said before hanging up.

I couldn’t deal with it anymore. He had a girlfriend when he asked me to be his… How could he do that?! I… cared about him… and got so attached! And it was only to be… hurt. Why are boys so stupid?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you have a countdown yet?! I had mine right after we bought tickets... and I checked it everyday.... hahahaha

comment??