I'm Looking for Something More Than This

Why Does Kendall Have to be Grumpy?!

As the day drew on, Kendall seemed… off. He just… wasn’t Kendall. I wanted to ask Kirstie about it, but I didn’t want to alarm her if she hadn’t noticed. Instead of going to her, I went to… my boyfriend. Ah! I’m still not used to that. Logan… my boyfriend!

“Do you think Kendall’s acting different?” I asked him once we were separated from everyone else.

“A little, but… maybe it’s just one of those days,” he shrugged.

“I want to talk to him, but… I don’t know if I should,” I huffed.

“I’m sure he would appreciate it if you did,” he sent me a smile.

“We used to be super closer,” I got a smile from the memory… and everyone thought I liked him. That was back in the Nathan days though…

“Well, go talk to him,” he encouraged me.

“You just want me to do it, so you don’t have to and you’ll still find out what’s wrong,” I teased.

“… Maybe,” he chuckled.

“You’re lucky you’re so cute,” I teased while pinching his cheek gently.

He just grinned at me. Oh that boy…

After giving him a quick kiss, I got up and wondered across the backyard to where Kendall was. Kirstie and Presley were playing close by. When I was close enough I asked him to come inside with me. Agreeing, he got up and followed me into the kitchen. With no one in the house, I pulled up a stool that was close to the counter. Kendall took the one next to me.

“You… doing ok today?” I decided to get right to the point.

“Fine,” he quickly replied.

“Kendall,” I looked at him a little intently.

“Seriously. I’m fine,” he went on.

“No you’re not,” I was losing it with him.

“No, I’m fine. Everything’s fine. Why do you think something’s wrong?” he got huffy.

“Look at how you’re acting. You don’t act like this,” I attempted to control my volume a little more.

“I’m fine,” he said… and then stormed off.

Letting him go, I let out a sigh and just sat there. I don’t think I could have imagined that going any worse. After I heard a door slam up the stairs, the back door slid opened. Footsteps shuffled inside, leading the person to the empty stool next to me. With a quick glance, I met Logan’s gorgeous gaze.

“He ok?” he asked softly.

“He stormed off,” I sighed, letting my hand run through my hair.

“Wow,” was his response.

“I tried,” I muttered.

“And that’s all that matters,” he cooed while slinging an arm around.

It made me smile as I leaned into him. He went on to leave a soft kiss on my cheek. That made everything a little better… a little! I was kind of worried about Kendall though. Did… something happen with him and Kirstie? I would hope that she would tell me if there was. Now I’m more worried! Ah! Why does Kendall have to be grumpy?! Look at what it does!
♠ ♠ ♠
No it's not! I swear! hahaha

comment?