I'm Looking for Something More Than This

I Wouldn't Have it Any Other Way

Finally, I had done it! I had gotten all of my stuff moved! But now... comes the hard part. I… have to tell Logan. That should probably be done today. I mean… my room’s now pretty much empty. If he walked in here, he’d know something was right. So… here we go…

… I just needed a few minutes.

While sitting down on my bed, I let out a few heavy sighs. I wanted this to go well. Deep down in the pit of my stomach, I just… didn’t think it would. As I let out another huff, I pushed myself to my feet and turned towards the door. As my eyes left the ground, they met… a pair of gorgeous brown eyes… that I didn’t want to see at this very moment.

“Hey,” I tried to be cheerful.

“What’s… going on?” he chuckled nervously.

“Well… I uh… I think we should… talk,” I strung together.

“That’s why I came in here, but… looks like we need to talk about a lot more,” he kept the same tone as before.

I sent him a nervous, forced smile before I sat back down and patted the spot next to me. To try and ease the situation, I reached forward and took both of his hands in mine. After I took in a deep breath, I attempted to get all of this out.

“I feel like… we’re not moving forward as a couple,” I started, “So, to try and see if we could get past that, I… got my own place,” I went on to explain.

“You’re just… now telling me?” he spoke in a soft tone.

“I didn’t want you to think I was doing this to try and get away from you. It’s just to see if some time apart can help us,” I told him.

“I actually… came to talk to you about us,” he countered.

“Oh?”

“Yeah,” he sighed, a new nervousness flashed over his eyes.

I didn’t know what to say. His expression told me that it didn’t seem too good. But deep down, I was hoping that… it was.

“Like you said, we’re kind of stuck as a couple and not really going anywhere,” he spoke slowly, keeping his eyes on our hands that were still together, “You are such an amazing girl,” he paused to look up at me, a small smile coming over his face, “And I have loved every second I have gotten to spend with you, but… I’m sure there is someone else out there that can make you feel even more special than what you are,” he pieced together.

Even though he was breaking up with me, his words were… sweet. I felt a tingle come over my eyes from them. I wasn’t sad… really. I was just all around emotional. Before any tears could fall, I let go of his hands to wrap my arms around his neck loosely. He did the same to me, holding me tightly.

“You were a good boyfriend, Logie Bear,” I still smiled.

“And you were an amazing girlfriend, Soph,” he replied.

Once we parted, he planted a soft kiss on my cheek. It made me smile. I think… this was one of the most peaceful break ups I’ve ever been through.

“I still want you to be my friend though,” I confessed.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he grinned.

“You’re kind of stuck with me since Kirstie and I are such good friends,” I teased.

“Darn,” he taunted right back.

After this, our conversation faded. He eventually left the room, giving me a chance to say good to my old space. I wanted out of here though. I know that went nicely, but I just needed to get to my place.

Once I got home, I texted Kirstie. She probably already knew from Logan, but… I was oddly… happy about everything. Even though I’m single, I’m still happy! Who would have thought?
♠ ♠ ♠
Of course! hahaha

comment??