Status: Updates will come wen I can manage them.

Rivalries

Chapter 1: Daylight

As I looked out of the cavern I called home I watched as the sun began to slip over the horizon and into the sky. My silver like scales had caught a glimpse of the light and began to shimmer like the crystals that were hidden in the rear of my home.

I was one of the many dragons in my realm, all of which possesed a special abilitly, everyone different than the others whether it be from a major difference or from a minor one. Which ever way the difference leaned towards, there was always something more unique compared to any other.

For me, my talent or should I say talents were controlling the earth's four main elemets; fire, water, earth, and air; I also could see into the future. Each dragon also had something to represent their abiltities, my silvery scales represented air, my blue claws for water, my emerald green eyes for earth, and the orange specks that were sploctched into the green represented fire. As for my visions, I had nothing to show how I had the power to do this, only the closest friends of mine knew, and I planned on keeping it that way.

My best friend, reffered to as Fawns, had the abiltiy of mimicking his growth to that of the ferns and ivy in the forest. We had met when we were both young and small hatclings, we had now grown into healthy twelve year old dragons. Yes, we weren't completely done with growing but we had began to come closer to being adults and I suppose that when we both had no mother we were very well off.

"Hey, Vision!" A sudden voice coming above the roof of the cavern had called to me, with my name being Vision you would probably think that more creatures would realize that I had the ability to see into the future. But, then again, many dragons had thought that if you didn't have something that truly represented what your name meant, something they could visually see, it was just a name and held no value to them.

A rather large male dragon appeared in the mouth of the cavern, his dark green scales glistened softly under the beaming rays of the sun and his orange eyes scanned the cave's inside for atleast a mere morsel of food.

"Hi, Fawns!" I answered to his previous comment, my voice echoing softly in the cavern.

"What you doing?" he asked, for some reason he had an eagerness in his voice.

I laughed and responded "Well, I just woke up so nothing much, what do you want to do?"

"How'd you know I was going to ask that?!" He squealed, with exaggeration on 'I' as if to point out that he wanted to ask rather than me.

"Just answer the question, Fawns!" I said, wishing and hoping he wouldn't make a big deal over one little question.

He made somewhat of a whimper but then returned to his bright self "We could go hunting!" he said, grinning.

"Okay!" I replied and stood up from the earthen ground I always used as a resting place. The history of me and Fawns is to long to explain. But, I'lll do my best; we met, as I said before, as hatchlings with no mothers, once we had taken in the fact that no one was there for us we began to rely on each other instead of our mothers.

We would hunt together, search for water, and often just laze about with nothing to do but stuff our bellies full of mice and our minds with wonderful dreams. It was quite a simple, yet compelling lifestyle for two young and adventurous dragons.

We stepped out of the cavern, of which was carved into the side of a mountain, and walked along the cliff that had been in front of the mouth of the cave. Once we came to the end we began to take flight, flickering our long wings out, the sun now glaring against them. The gentle rhytmic pattern of the up and down motion came easily and caused us to fly high into the clouds.

The clouds around us seemed to evaporate as our wings passed through. I laughed softly and looked over at Fawns. "I bet I can catch more mice than you!" I challenged, a rather competitive glint in my eyes.

"Forget about mice, what about fish?" He answered my challenge with one of his own, the same comepetion like glare in his orange firey eyes.

"You got a deal!" I said to him, smiling widely and then leaning my head down towards the forest, the tress began to become closer and closer. I slowed down and landed smoothly, as for Fawns, not so much. As I looked back I saw him plummenting onto the hard packed earth beneath him, he suprisingly chuckled and stood up, simply brushing it off of his shoulders and padding up beside me.

On the opposite side of the realm there were more of our kind, dragons I mean, of course there were many others here as well but I hardly knew them. The dragons that lived on the other side were named Aqua, Crystal, Glimmer, Cathloe, and Devian; I only knew them from when I had visited their part of the realm a long time ago.

Aqua, like me, could control water but instead of being able to shape it she could only control the flowing patterns and the rate of which it flowed. Crystal, was named mainly for her ability to control the rate of which gems formed, quite a spectacular talent in my mind. Glimmer, was named for her looks, she had golden scales which glimmered wildly when in the silightest bit of light; if you didn't know she was coming you could easily feel as if you were going to be blind by the forecful glow that emmited from her scales when the sun shone on them.

Cathloe, the first dragon I knew of the bunch, was a rather striking male, his scales were black and eerie, running across his muscular frame with equality. His talent was controlling the weather. As for Devian, he was basically a closed book and bounded by leather. No one knew of his talents and he hardly ever spoke, his scales were brown, almost dull in a way.

But, nontheless, they were all quite intriguing, unique,and exciting to be around. It had been a few fortnights since I had last seen them, and I was anxiously awaiting the next turn to see them. However, my wait would be a lot shorter if the dread and fear had lightned. You see, in our world, there had been this one dragon. The dragon that wrecked havoc and sent widespread torures over the realms with an iron fist; to turn the once vivid images into depressing and ruined art; to turn the joyfulness of one heart into a mere crumble and deathly home for another.

His real name was Shadow but, his victims and almost everyone called him DeathlyVengeance. I had no knowledge of how he became known as 'DeathlyVengeance' it was the Vengeance part that truly confused me, he had caused many deaths so I understand why we called him Death but, as far as the Vengeance goes you could just assume I didn't know why and be right.