Status: Updates will come wen I can manage them.

Rivalries

Learning Of The Past

Storm, Serenity, and I were sitting by the river, sand being washed away by the current. By now the sun had slipped underneath the mountain peaks, the graceful chirping of crickets emerging from the bushes. It had finally occured to me that since the siblings were lost, it was obvious that they had no where to rest and heal heal from the numerous wounds they had picked up on their journey. I considered letting them stay at my cavern, but there was simply no room for them. Perhaps, they could find another, larger cavern in the forest, but then again, I would actually have to be the one to locate the cave.

Both of them already looked considerably beter. After deciding deciding that this was the best time to ask how they found themselves in my realm I asked them that very question. Storm and Serenity equally described their journey, they said that it started after their mother had not returned from hunting.Once I heard and acknowledged the fact that, they too, had no mother even more sympathy surged through my body. THe story continued into their actua challenge of the journey, of how they trudged through out the the thorns, traveled during down pours ofrain and even how they rationed their food supplies to a few fish a day, a small portion for dragons. After a few more thoughts I began to rethink the many years I had spent, along with Fawns, without a mother. Of course, I could have easily died, but my risks were never as extreme as theirs. They had been through so many things, all of which I could relateto but never had been through myself.

"Are you tired?" I asked, although I qalready knew the answer due to their weary expressions. They simply nodded in responce and I rose from the ground.

"Where are you going?" I heard Storm ask, as he stood up also.

"Well, I would have you and Serenity stay in my cavern, but it is too small for the two of you, much less for the three of us. I was thinking we could find you somewhere to stay for the night" was my reply.

"Why can't we stay here?" he asked again and I told him it was due to the air. Whenever I stayed out during the night I woke up with congestion and a stuffy nose, it was obvious that they didn't need to become more ill and Storm knew that as well, eventually aggreeing with my thoughts.

The three of us walked side by side until finally coming across a large cave. We all decided that it would be the best place for now. I watched as the two young dragons vanished into the dark cavern.

Their tails soon dissapered, now unexposed to the light, I walked away, beggining my way home. My feet touchedthe grass and ivy beneath me as I walked. As I padded over the foliage I could feel my claws occansionally slip into the soaking wet mud that was held in puddles. Scattered as the puddles were it wasn't very hard to wander into them, the mud slipping up between my toes every once in awhile. The feeling was rather discomforting and caused my paws, scales, and claws to become slimy.

Walking, I continued to listen to the chirping crickets, but another soundnow penetrated my ears. It was the loud croaking of toads and it came from the bushes, shrubs and moss surronding me. A large toad had actually sprung out from a nearby shrub, despite the fact Iwas making quite a large portion of noise due to the sloshing watewr I wandered into. Its throat swelled up, much lie a ballon, as it croaked loudly. The noise coming from the toad's throat was constant, not a single break in sound and it drowned out the chirping of the crickets.

Continuing to walk I eventualy returned to my own home, walking into the cavern and lying down for the night. the croaking, chirping and cooing of the creatures finally slowed down into silence and I let my eyes close. My breath slowed and I soon was asleep.

Now that I knew of Storm and Serenity's past, I felt as thouh I had been selfish due to my own inner grief of my past. But two questions still remained, how did they get here and where did they come from?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry about the wait for this chapter, I've been super busy though. More chapters will be coming soon, hopefully better than this one! XD