Status: For Kate ♥

Limits

Kiss Me

“Come on, Janey! Live a little! Come with us!” Kate was jumping up and down like a two-year old.

“I have to study. Besides, you guys will have more fun without me. I’m quite boring.” I walked around my room, gathering my books.

“You are not boring. You just need how to balance your life and make time for fun. Anyway, that test, or whatever, that you are studying for probably isn’t tomorrow. It will be fun! I promise nothing bad will happen.” Kate grabbed a pen from my desk and twirled it in her hand.

For a few seconds, I debated on going. “You aren’t going to stop pestering me, right?” I sighed.

“Nope.” She had a cheeky grin on her face.

I shook my head and placed my books on my desk.

“Fine, I’ll go. Just so you know, it is far better to split up your studying rather than cramming the night before,” I said sassily.

“Stupid peer pressure,” I mumbled.

“Yes!” Kate was jumping in victory.

“Yeah, yeah.” I plopped down on my bed and felt the space next to me sink down.

“Where are we going anyway? I already signed a deal with the devil by saying yes.”

“You’ll see soon enough, but first thing’s first: time to find you something to wear.” Kate looked at me with an evil grin as she moved toward my closet.

My eyes widened as I watched her search through my modest clothing.

“UGH! Don’t you have anything a little more… I don’t know…less nun-ish.”

I laughed at her and ended up snorting. “That’s not even a word! Anyway, my clothes aren’t that bad.” I pouted.

“Honey, they’re bad. We’re going out this weekend and picking out clothes that are from this century, but for now, I think I found something.” She held up an old dress and smiled mischievously. I knew that look.

Before I could ask what she was up to, she was running toward my desk and grabbing a pair of scissors.

“Oh, no,” I groaned.

***

Kate had immeasurable talent; I didn’t even recognize the dress she cut up.

“If the boys weren’t all over you before, well, now you gave them no choice. You’ll be the hottest thing on that dance floor.”

The dress was fitted perfectly. She cut the sleeves off and turned it into a one-shoulder dress. The long skirt of it was completely torn off and it was verging on dangerously short, showing off my legs which were not appealing to me in the least. Se cut slits in the sides, showing off more skin, but added pieces of lace to make the floral design look more regal.

Then she did my make-up. I never wore it because I felt it was too clumpy and that I was hiding behind a mask. However, Kate didn’t cover anything up. She highlighted all of my features. I had to admit it; she made me look beautiful. My usually unruly hair framed my face in curly ringlets.

I felt more confident as I stared at myself in the mirror.

“You, my dear, are gorgeous. Now, it’s my turn.” Kate grabbed a bag and locked herself in the bathroom for almost an hour.

When she stepped out of the bathroom, I drew in a breath. She was absolutely stunning.

“How about you go kill somebody else with you beauty, yeah?” Kate blushed and motioned toward the door.

She was wearing a short red dress with white polka-dots that revealed her personality in the vibrant color. Her make-up was done magnificently as if a God painted her face. Her hair was pinned on the sides and it framed her round face.

“So, are you still not going to tell me where we are going?”

She smiled her cheeky grin, “Nope. Just be prepared to have fun. We’ll meet the others there, but we don’t have to hang out with them. We can just go our separate ways.”

Naturally, I poked her cheek.

“What was that for?”

“That was for being cheeky, you cheeky little fellow,” I snickered.

“I’m not a fellow. I’m a girl, thank you very much. So, stop saying that,” Kate said with a mock frown.

“Nope. I’ll say whatever I want.” I gave her a sassy face and we continued the drive to the mysterious place in silence.

***

It turned out that the place was an old house where one of the popular kids from school hosted parties every Tuesday night. The music was loud and bodies were meshed together as we entered. There was barely any room to walk, let alone breathe.

Kate was shouting at me over the music. I couldn’t make out the words.

“What?” I shouted back.

“Dance! Have a drink! Text me when you’re ready to go! Let’s keep an eye on each other, yeah?”

“Yeah!” I walked through the sweaty mess of teenagers and sat down on the opposite end of a couch where two people were practically eating each other’s faces. I looked away in disgust.

“I take it you don’t like parties?” The voice was soft and melodic.

I looked up to see a guy standing in front of me with two drinks in his hand.

“Not really. It’s just not my scene.” I blushed as he sat down next to me and handed me a cup.

“Don’t worry, it’s just water. I can’t drink that much and I’m technically the designated driver.”

I hesitantly took the cup. I looked from him, to the cup, and back again.

“Same here, but I swear, if you did something to this drink, I will send a honey badger after you.” I tried my best to give him a glare, but I failed.

“I wouldn’t do that to anyone. Also, you don’t have to drink it. I was just being nice.” Hurt was evident in his eyes.

He seemed innocent. Nothing about him screamed that he was a sketchy guy desperate for a shag.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I just don’t want to be here. My friend pressured me into coming. I might as well have fun and dance, right?” He smirked at me.

“I’m only here because my mates brought me along. I wouldn’t have come otherwise, but I guess this night just got interesting.” He looked at me and stood up.

“Care to dance,” he said with his hand outstretched.

I debated it for a moment and took his hand. He twirled me around and held me close as we slow-danced to a song whose melody seemed to swirl around us.

I looked up and got lost in his chocolate brown eyes. He reminded me of a puppy. He was adorable with his curly hair that was sticking to his forehead from the heat of the room. His clothes reflected his gentlemanly manner; he had a grey vest over a white button down, the sleeves rolled up, and grey trousers with a pair of brown boots to finish off the look.

“What’s your name?” I asked and caught him getting lost in my own brown orbs. I felt the heat rise to my face and saw that he was blushing as well.

He looked away before answering. “L-Liam. What’s yours?”

“Jane. Nice to meet you, Liam.”

Another slow song started up again. It was Ed Sheeran’s, “Kiss Me”. I drew in a sharp breath.

“I love this song,” I whispered.

“Me too.” I looked up at him, surprised that he heard my soft voice.

I smiled to myself as I rested my head in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes for the duration of the song. We swayed back and forth and his chin was rested on my head. His arms were hugging me close and I breathed him in. He smelled like everything good in the world; he smelled like nature and warmth. He smelled like bottled up warmth and sunshine.

All of my problems were forgotten as I held onto Liam. It took me a few moments to realize that the song had ended.

I reluctantly pulled away from him. He seemed to be in the same trance I was in.

I looked around for Kate to see her dancing with a guy who had black hair and glasses. He was handsome and he had dance moves to rival with Susan Boyle. He looked like a bad boy, but knowing Kate, he was probably a softy. She knew how to pick them.

“Am I going to see you again?”

I turned around to face him. “I don’t know. D-do you want my number?” I turned beat red and he smiled at me.

“That would be brilliant,” he said as we exchanged mobiles and programmed our numbers.

I smiled at the name he inputted for himself. It read, “Kiss Me”.

I quickly texted Kate while I had my phone out and turned my body toward him. I placed my face closer and closer to his until I could feel his breath on my lips.

“Maybe next time,” I whispered as I pulled away.

He closed his eyes and smiled. “Next time, then,” he shouted as he waved good-bye.

Kate was waiting for me by the door. She had a huge grin plastered on her face as we walked to the car.

“Alright, I can’t take it anymore! Spill! Who is he? What’s his name?” I was practically jumping out of my seat because I was elated myself.

“No, missy, you first. Don’t think that I didn’t see you all over that guy back there,” said Kate with a stern look on her face.

I blushed violently. “His name is Liam. We exchanged numbers, nothing happened. We can talk about him later. I want to know who that mysterious boy was!”

She took the bait and gushed. “Well, his name is Zayn and he is so sweet AND he is gorgeous. Oh my God, his eyes were beautiful and his eyelashes were so long. I’m telling you, it wasn’t real life. He was perfect. Oh, and his voice! I am fangirling over a real guy and I should probably stop, but ugh! He was the definition of perfection. Go! Look it up in the dictionary and his face will pop up.”

I burst out laughing. “You are ridiculous, but I love you!”

“Oh, I know. But, this conversation isn’t over. Tell me about Liam.”

My heart skipped a beat as I heard his name.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOOOO!!!!! Another story! I hope you guys liked that chapter of Fragile, if that is what brought you here. Anyway, I have ideas for a few stories, and I've been writing this one for a few weeks, so the next chapter will be up fairly quickly. Anyway, I'm kind of excited for this story as it's going to take some twists and turns. I hope you guys like it as well. I wasn't sure if this story would be good enough, so I hope you all enjoy it.

I would like to thank Micah, also known as chasing carousels; for this beautiful layout......in fact, beyond beautiful layout. I love it so much! She is such a sweetheart and an absolutely amazing writer.

As I said, I was planning on writing a few stories. These stories are dedicated to my best friends for showing their support and helping me through tough times in my life. This story is dedicated to my very special friend, Kate, also known as onlythegooddieyoung. She has been one of the best friends I could have ever asked for and I love her to pieces. I thank her for everything she's done for me. She is beautiful and is a fabulous writer. She has many new stories running and I recommend that you go read them as well....they are amazing! She is just a fabulouis person.

Anyway, I'm rambling again....... I always seem to ramble......I'm sorry, you guys probably don't even care. Oh well, I'm writing these for the purpose of thanking everyone for taking the time to read this and be absolutely amazing. You guys are just amazing and I hope you like this story! Well, it's late, so I'm going to head off to bed! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Have an amazing night! :P