Status: completed

Please Take Me Home

I'm so proud of you kiddo

I slammed my empty locker shut and leaned against it, smiling.

This would be the last time that I would be in this god awful prison. I was graduating high school. After what felt like forever, I was finally being let go. 

I walked down the senior hallway with a smile on my face, headed out the door and to my car.

I can't believe I'm actually graduating after four fucking years. The first time I stepped through those doors, I instantly wanted to get out. I hated school. I always encouraged people to stay in and not quit though and I had good grades because I never really had distractions.

Graduation was tomorrow and exams were over. I would be done tomorrow and I was more than excited.

Throughout high school, I didn't really have any friends, a lot of guys liked me but I had no idea why. They always told me that I was the hottest girl in school but if you called me hot when I wasn't drunk, then I thought you were pulling shit with me.

I breathed in the air of freedom and let out a sigh. I walked to the student parking lot and spotted my new silver car. My parents were, I guess wealthy, but I wasn't a spoiled brat like most girls in my school. I never really asked for a lot of things unless I really needed them. 

I hopped into my car, buckling up and driving out of the parking lot and far, far away from the high school. I turned on my radio, Blink-182 filling the car. 

I was in love with music, I always have been. Nothing could tear me apart from it and if you try to, I will tear your eyes out.

I was very protective over my music. Most of the people hated it and listened to horrible, horrible rap music. They didn't know what real music was. I mostly stuck to pop punk and I loved it. But I wasn't like a, head bashing, mosh pitting crazy girl. 

I pulled into the familiar parking lot of Rita's and grabbed my uniform. I locked my car after getting out and walked in the door. 

"Hey Bruce," I greeted the old man.

"Ahh, you're just in time." He smiled. I went to the back room to change and came back out, pulling on my visor.

I was always on time anywhere, I guess I really didn't want to miss anything even if I hated the place. I didn't hate Rita's at all, I got free fucking ice cream on some weekends.

My shift started at 4 and ended at 6. 

You probably think its weird that an ice cream shop would close at six but a lot of people liked ice cream at night.

The normal people came in and order regulars. Sometimes they didn't need to order at all, I was familiar with what they wanted.

--

"I'm so proud of you kiddo," Bruce hugged me. Bruce was a family friend so it wasn't that weird.

"Thanks Bruce."

I closed the shop and went outside to my car, getting in and turning it on. The sun was just setting and I was starving. 

I made it home at six fifteen and followed the smell of food. I laughed when my parents came into view, already sitting at the table.

"I'm starving," I groaned when I sat down.

"We made your favorite." My mother smiled.

"I love you guys."

"We are so proud of you, sweetie." My dad squeezed my hand.

I smiled, mouth full of food. They made chicken with a sauce and cooked it just how I liked it.

"Are you excited to see your brother?" Mom asked, cutting her chicken

I smiled at the thought. My older brother was coming home after a year and I missed him like crazy. We were really close and I hated being away from him.

"Yeah, I missed him a lot," I nodded.

I didn't know if he would be there at the graduation but I was really hoping.

"He said that he hopes he'll be there." I nodded at my dads words.

We finished dinner and I helped with the dishes. I said goodnight after my parents kissed my cheeks and walked upstairs and into my room.

I changed into my pajamas and crawled in bed. I was tired and I needed sleep to look good tomorrow. 
♠ ♠ ♠
woooooo. new story