Status: completed

Please Take Me Home

Hi

I was still wrapped in his arms when I woke up. I was happy where I was, I was happy to be with him again. This is what I wanted, he was what I wanted. And he wanted me. He said he wasn't faking anything with me and I've known him for years. I should've thought better of him. I knew he was bored because I wasn't around and that made him sleep with her. I understood and I regret not being there. If he didn't actually like me, he wouldn't have kept talking to me when they were touring. He stopped talking to his other girlfriends and hook ups when he didn't want them anymore.

I still had my arms around him and I didn't want to leave. He started to stir but didn't turn over onto his side. I saw him open his eyes and rub them with his free hand, looking around. He looked down at me and turned to face me fully, wrapping his other arm around me. I smiled and kissed his chin.

"Morning," I loved his voice where it was raspy and filled with sleep.

"Hi"

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, leaving his lips there.

"I'm sorry."

I sighed, "I know you are Jack. And I forgive you."

He pulled me closer and moved his lips down to the ear. "I told you I love you, right?"

I nodded, "I love you too."

"It feels good to say that." 

I giggled, "It feels good to hear it to."

"Yeah," he nodded.

"What are we doing today?"

"I have to pack since our first show is tonight and we're leaving like really late."

"What time?"

"The shows at eight and we're leaving at one."

"Oh. Well we need to clean out the old food, go to a laundry mat and pack for you," I looked at the clock. "And it's only one in the afternoon, so we have time."

I sat up and got dressed then went into the kitchen and started throwing out the food. Jack came in and took the garbage bag outside to the dumpster. I grabbed the bag of clothes out of the bedroom and met Jack downstairs.

--

After about hours of laundry, we arrived back at six thirty after eating dinner and I helped Jack pack his bag.

I giggled again. Jack was currently laying on top of me after pushing me over in a hug. I brushed through his hair as he laid his head in the crook of my neck.

"We have to go soon. It's almost seven thirty," I poked his side.

He groaned. I smiled and pushed him to get up. He frowned and leaned forward, putting his forehead to mine. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and smiled softly.

"Are you gonna sing with Alex?"

I bit my lip, "I don't know." I pulled away and looked at my lap.

He cupped my chin and lifted it up. "I know you can do it. And I'm gonna be right there watching you."

I blushed, "I'll be even more nervous then."

"Please? For me?"

"I want you to sing with me." Jack could sing if he wanted to. He was good and I loved it when he sang in the shower sometimes.

"You know I'm not gonna do that. I'd rather have fewer people there. But just sing with Alex on tour please? The fans won't say anything bad because you're Alex's sister. And I really think that they'll love you."

I smiled and hugged him.

"But they won't love you as much as I do." 

I laughed, "Corny."

He shrugged and we got up, taking our bags and calling a cab since the car was being taken back tomorrow.

We arrived at the venue and saw the bus in the parking lot and Jack entered the code and brought my suitcase in, telling me to wait outside.

We walked hand in hand into the back of the venue and down the halls to their dressing room. Rian and Zack were surprised to see me and they gave me hugs. I kept reciting the lyrics that I had to sing in my head. Alex knew I was singing it with him and he sent me the lyrics to the song when Jack told him. I already fell in love with it and immediately, it was stuck in my head.

They just ran out on stage and everyone was screaming. I was so proud of them. Proud of my brother. This was his dream and he worked hard at it to make it real. This is what he talked about all the time when we were younger.

Alex stayed on stage but the rest of the guys came out and I was nervous as hell. Jack kissed my cheek and went to change out of his sweaty shirt.

I felt him slip his hand into mine when he came back and started rubbing in circles with his thumb. I breathed out a small breathe from his comfort.

Alex finished talking with the crowd and sat on the stool. I swallowed and kept breathing in and out when he started playing.

My anxiety was coming and I could feel it. Alex had it to but he never had an anxiety attack like I did in sophomore year. I was in school one day and I forgot what my anxiety was over but I ran out of the front doors and Alex found me thirty minutes later when I was at my worst. I never had an anxiety attack before that but I had a few more after it. I felt like I would have one tonight but I wasn't sure.

Jak turned me to him and put both of his hands on my face. I looked up at him.

"You can do this. I believe in you, Layla. Just close your eyes and picture me when you're up there."

I breathed out and nodded. "Okay."

He pulled my face up to his and kissed me. I smiled when he pulled away and was handed a microphone. 

Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavor, to find my whoever, wherever she may be

I breathed in and out one last time before I walked out and put the mic up to my mouth.

I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible. I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me, I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind

I closed my eyes and sung my heart out.

I'm keeping an eye on the world from so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now, I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head

I opened my eyes and breathed out. I waited for Alex to finish the song before I walked off with him. I ran to Jack who was smiling like crazy and jumped on him. 

"You were absolutely amazing"

I smiled and hugged him tight.

Alex patted my back and I gave him a smile when he appeared behind Jack.

"I'm so proud of you," he said.

He walked away to get changed quick and do their last song. I was still hugging Jack and I didn't want to let go but I was set back down on my feet.

He kissed my forehead but I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled his lips down to mine. He chuckled against me and I smiled.

"I have to go back on stage"

I giggled and hugged his waist before he went on after the rest of the guys to finish their first show of tour.