Status: completed

Please Take Me Home

No promises.

When we finished, we just held each other. And I liked it. Actually, I loved it. I missed him and I wanted to be with him. He was what I wanted and more. He meant the world to me and I didn't want to leave him again.

It's been a few weeks since tour started and I was loving it. The fans didn't really see me as much except for when Alex wanted to play the song. I felt a little better when he decided not to play it every night because he didn't want me to have an anxiety attack every night knowing that I had to go out there in front of them.

I slept in Jacks bunk with him every night and most of the nights we cuddled and others, well we did other things. Every night before I fell asleep, he would tell me he loved me and I would say it back. I was estatic to hear him say it and the fact that he said it every night, made it better.

It was the fourth week of tour and I was watching Alex sing into the microphone and Jack and Zack jump around on stage and Rian hit his drums. I loved watching them and seeing how happy they really were with this lifestyle.

The guys came out but Alex stayed on stage. I was confused, he would've told me if he was playing the song but he didn't tell me tonight. I was even more confused when he took his guitar off and gave it to Danny. I thought he would get an acoustic in return but he didn't. 

Jack touched my lower back and I turned to him with creased eyebrows. He gave me a small smile like he was telling me something but I didn't know what. He went back out after Rian, followed by Zack. Zack and Jack sat on stools with acoustic guitars and now I was about to go out on stage and ask what the hell they we're doing.

"What are they doing?" I asked Matt.

Matt didn't say anything, just walked off. 

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye
My hand came over my mouth as Alex sang softly into the mic.

It could be for the last time and it's not right
I felt a lump in my throat as he was singing about Tom. 

I missed Tom. He was my oldest brother and he was gone when I was thirteen. I missed him like hell and to hear Alex sing this, killed me. I heard the song when he gave me their cd and I cried. I locked my door when my mom knocked on it, asking if I was okay. I listened to that song for weeks and cried myself to sleep every night.

Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you

Dead, like a candle you burnt out. Spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words
Alex sang as loud as he could and my eyes watered over. Jack looked over at me, catching my eyes and I let the tears fall out.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say I miss you, I'm so sorry More tears fell as he sang louder and louder. I'm sorry bro.

I choked out a sob and ran to the door, through the hallways and out another door into the night. I looked around with blurry eyes and saw the tour bus. I ran to it, typing in the code and shutting the door behind me. I tore off my jacket and left it on the floor and went to the bunks. I crawled in and closed the curtain. 

I cried and cried and cried. The pillow and the sheets were soaking where my face was. I felt my eyes getting puffy but I didn't stop crying.

About twenty minutes later, I heard the bus door close and footsteps getting closer. I was still crying but I didn't bother to keep it quiet.

The light poured into the bunk and I turned, squinting my eyes, to see Jack giving me a sympathetic smile. I swallowed and he reached for me. I wrapped my arm around his neck when he got me out of the bunk and let him carry me into the back lounge. 

I sat in his lap and he let me cry. He smoothed my hair out and held me tight to his chest. 

He kissed my forehead, "I'm sorry."

I looked up at him and he wiped my cheeks. "He wanted to sing it because of the next few days."

I sighed. The anniversary of his death was this week and I was dreading it.

"Just be careful this week, okay?"

"No promises." I looked down at my lap.

He lifted my head back up. "Please Layla? I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm already hurt Jack. There's no turning back to what I do this week."