Status: completed

Please Take Me Home

But you did.

My hand has gotten better and tour ended a few days ago. I was sad but happy because I would be spending all of my time with the guys in California again so they can start recording since they never go to it. I was sad because I grew to liking tour. I liked the bus, I liked the venues, I liked the crowds, I liked singing for them, hell, I even liked the bunks. I liked everything about it. I would definitely be touring with them for a while unless something else comes up. This is what I grew up listening to. Alex would not stop talking about it for days, maybe even weeks. This was meant for me.

Everything with Jack went back to normal and it was like it never even happened. We did fight sometimes on tour but they were little things and I didn't run away.

We had plenty of funny moments when we went out to eat or to the bars. I drank a little but some nights I got completely smashed. Jack would carry me all the way to the bus and lay me down in his bunk or the couch. He was there for me when I got sick and he held my hair back. I don't know how he did it because it was really gross, but he did it.

Tom was still in my head after I hurt my hand. I don't think I will ever stop blaming myself for it even if the guys tell me that it wasn't my fault. Alex was right though, I would at some point stop blaming myself but I felt like it wouldn't be any time soon. He was also right about things getting better. They did get better and I got better. 

My hand was pretty fucked up and it hurt to use but I don't think it was broken, maybe just a little sprained. Jack was there and he re-bandaged me up and took care of me. 

I thought about Tom's words and how he told me that Alex would take care of me. I mean, yeah, Alex did take care of me like a sister but Jack took care of me like I was his life. And I was convinced that I was because the words even came out of his mouth. 

I never expected him to come into my life. I always thought that I would find someone to spend the rest of my life with but I didn't expect this lanky boy to be the one. I never expected to feel the tingles and sparks when he touched me or I touched him. I never expected any of it.

I smiled to myself and looked up at the sky. I was walking on the sidewalk with Jack. We were home now and we got back a few days ago. I was happy to be back but we had to leave again to go to California. He was taking me somewhere and I just wanted to get there and know what the hell was going on. 

Jack abruptly turned right, taking my hand with him. We were now walking down to the back of a building and Jack turned to me when we reached a really smelly dumpster.

I plugged my nose and looked at him. "What are we doing?" 

"Going on the roof."

My eyebrows came together as he picked me up and I got my feet onto the dumpster. "Reach up to the edge and lift yourself up."

I nodded and turned toward the brick wall and reached up. I barely had upper body strength and I tried to lift myself up. I felt Jack get onto the dumpster and he put his hands onto my hips and lifted me up easily.

I brushed myself off as I got on top and watched Jack lift himself up. I looked around at the horizon of the city. It was beautiful. It was just sunset and I realized that we were at the abandoned gas station a few blocks away from my house. Jack walked over to the edge facing the sunset and sat down with his legs over the edge. I walked over and sat down next to him. 

I smiled at the sunset that was filled with pinks, yellows and oranges. I loved sunsets because of the colors that got mixed in.

"Layla?"

"Hmm?" I turned toward Jack and saw him leaning back on his hands, looking at me.

"What's the best thing that's happened to you?"

"I think you already know the answer."

He nodded. 

I turned back toward the sunset. "Ever since you came into my life, things have gotten better. I never expected you to come but you did and you stuck by my side through all the shit. I didn't expect you to do that either. But you did. You were there at my lowest point and you were there at my highest point. You were my first and you were the first guy I ever actually loved." I turned to him. "And I want you to be my only one. I don't want anything to come between us even though nothing can really break us," I smiled. 

He smiled and leaned forward and faced the sunset. "I can't say you were my first but I wish you were because that night was special even though we were drunk. Everything was special with you. The day I realized that you actually meant a lot to me, was the day that you left. But before that, I knew you meant something more than the other girls. You were different and you are what I need. You're what I want Layla." He faced me. "You're more than just booty calls and you're more than just my girlfriend. You're the one I want. Every day, every hour and every minute, I want you and no one else. I know I made mistakes but.. I-I love you. More than you know. I want to stay by your side and be the one you look to for help. I promise to be there and to love you every step of the way. As long as you want me." I looked down at our now attached hands. "As long as you'll have me." I looked back up. He got up to his feet and pulled me with him. I laughed when he walked over to the middle of the building. He looked down at me and smiled. He started get shorter and shorter and my hand came over my mouth as I looked down at him on one knee.

He reached into his pocket and my eyes glossed over. He looked back up at me and pulled out a box, opening it and showing me the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. "Layla Elizabeth Gaskarth, will you please make me the happiest man alive and please marry me?"

Tears came out of my eyes and I spoke, "Yes." I nodded and smiled huge and he slipped the ring onto my finger and jumped up, wrapping his arms around my waist. My arms went around his neck and I laughed when he spun us around. 

I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him. 

"I love you." He smiled down at me.

"I love you too, Jack." I hugged him tight.

My boyfriend was the greatest person alive. Well, actually finacé. My mom was definitely throwing a huge party when we would tell her. 

Life couldn't get any better than having Jack Barakat as a finacé.
♠ ♠ ♠
favorite. thank you to anyone who read this! my next story will start soon, i promise