Status: I promise it'll be cliche | Reviving!

That Summer

one

They were inseparable, the two of them. Some people would say they were joined at the hip. Maybe the stars had aligned at just the right angle or fate had intervened at the perfect time. Or maybe they were just two kids looking for a best friend and finding it in each other. There isn’t an exact way of telling.

He had just moved into the neighbourhood a few days before school ended, she had lived there all of her life. He was outgoing, charismatic, and as charming as a seven year old could be, and she was shy and sweet, never one to go out and make friends. They were complete opposites but somehow in the blistering summer heat, they became friends.

Neither of them remembered how it had happened. Maybe he gave her half of his Popsicle or maybe she offered him her swing at the park, but whatever it was, it set them up for a summer of adventure and friendship. They explored the depths of the backyard woods and helped the unfortunate citizens that were stuck without a sprinkler. They built tree forts and sand castles, drew hopscotch and skipped rope, and when the sun set on the last day before the new school year started, they figured they would be friends forever.

But everything good must come to an end. Once they were among their peers, he got cooties and she was gross, and they went their separate ways. But somewhere, in the back of their minds, they were always thinking about that summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reviving this! Let me know what you think? (:

Edited by the lovely Victoria!