Luca

Torture

Jacqueline Reeves wasn't a happy camper.

She never was when it came to her, "over achieving, know-it-all, goodie two shoes" sister, Ashlee.

She always had something to show off, to put her one up of Jacky. This time, she had the perfect fiance. He was smart, funny and talented.

Talented meaning he was in a major record label band.

Atreyu

The day before the wedding Ashlee was being fitted into her dress, Jacky sat in a chair behind her, watching.

Jealousy was an ugly best friend.

"Jack, do you have a date yet?" Ashlee asked, smirking into the mirror.

She shook her head, "I'm going solo."

Ashlee tsked, and turned back to the mirror, "Remember, I made you Maid of Honor. You should atleast have a date."

Jacky gritted her teeth, "You only made me Maid of Honor cause Mom told you to."

She rolled her eyes, "Ask John. You know, the boy with the black and blonde hair."

"He's out of town this weekend."

"Oh. What about one of Brandon's friends?"

"No, I'm going alone. And I don't care if it makes me look bad."

Ashlee flashed a victorious smile, andcould care less is Jacky saw it.
___________________________________________________________
When they finished up, Jacky was told to carry the dress to the car.

Sighing, she hoisted it onto her shoulder and started out the door when someone ran into her.

"Shit." She cried, as the garmet bag hit the floor.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" A man who ran into her asked.

They both bent down to retrieve the dress.

When they stood up, he shot her a look.

"Aren't you Ashlee's sister?"

Jacky's eyes narrowed, "Yeah.. Do I know you?"

He smirked, "No, but I'm Alex."

"Jac-"

"JACQUELINE! Come on!" Ashlee screamed causing her to flinch.

"I have to go. I guess I will see you at the wedding."

Jacky turned and practically ran out of the store. She hopped into the SUV, and looked out the window, into the store. She watched as the clerk handed Alex a tux.

He nodded and was escorted to the changing rooms.

The next morning in the church, Jacky stared at herself in the mirror silently thanking God that her mother picked out the dresses.

"Alright Maid of Honor, and Maids. Let's get you out there. Jacqueline you know the drill." The usher said as he clapped his hands together and watched as the ladies formed a single line.

The crowd grew silent as the bridesmaids followed Jacky out.

When she reached the altar, Brandon caught her eye and gave her the thumbs up.

She smiled, before she caught a glimpse of Alex, standing right beside him.

He smiled to her, and turned to watch as the flower girl made her way down the isle, closely followed by Ashlee and their father.

Ashlee and Brandon said their "I do's" which led to the photos.

Camera flashes continuously went off, and everyone kept making comments about getting one of the sisters.

Jacky rolled her eyes at first but soon gavein when she realized Alex was watching.

They joined together and it truly seemed that they were both happy.

"Hey, I know we don't get along all the time, but, I'm so happy for you." Jacky said looking at the ground.

She knew Ashlee was drinking in this moment.

She looked up and watched as her face went from smug grin to shock.

Jacky had been crying.

They both extended their arms to wipe away each others tears.
_________________________________________
At the reception, everything was going smooth between the two. That was until the champagne started to flow.

Waiters walked by and Jacky continued to grab flute after flute.

When the first dance of the Bride and Groom was called, she was trashed. She gagged at the scene before her, and headed for the the bathroom.

As she stumbled into the bathroom, she stared at herself in the mirror. For the first time in a while, Jacqueline Reeves saw what she really was: a selfish bitch.

Curling her hand into a fist, she cocked her arm back and threw her hand into the mirror. She winced and started to curse herself out as she looked at the mess she had made.

Tears pouring out of her eyes, she heard someone softly say her name behind her.

"Jacky..?"

She spun around to see Alex standing in the doorway.

He looked down to her hand that had been hastily wrapped into a towel.

Crimson had started to color the towel.

"Jacky, are you alright?"

She dropped her gaze and looked at the ground.

"No."

He walked to her and put his arms around her.

"Come on, let's get you out of here."

Jacky nodded and allowed Alex to lead her out of the bathroom.

They continued past the guests, the cake and even the rental band, until sunlight made her squint.