Ghost of You

Leila

still Gerards POV

I sat up in my bed the next morning, ready to go visit Frank again. My hand automatically reached to the bedside table where the note is. Or... was. When I felt nothing there, I began looking around frantically. It had to be here somewhere, but...where? I hadn't touched it since last...night... wait... I never read it last night. I was too upset to read it, so I went straight to bed! But if I didn't touch it yesterday... who did? I sighed as I began to change into a pair of old jeans and a tee shirt, covered by a hoodie. It was supposed to rain today.

"I'm going out." Was all i said as I passed my parents and brother upstairs, and left for the cemetery. Who took it...? I kept asking myself. My mom, dad and Mikey all knew not to touch any thing of Franks in my room, which was majority of it. So, I knew they didn't take it... The question was bouncing around inside my head all the way to the gloomy cemetery. The next thing I saw other than the large weeping willow planted at the gate, was the girl from yesterday. But, now I got a good look at her. Her long blonde hair was in neat pig tails, with two black bows, and she looked around the age 14 maybe. Just a guess. That was beside the point though. I didn't mind that she was here, the thing I minded was that she was talking to a grave. Franks grave. I tip toed closer to hear what she was saying, and hid behind a large headstone.

"...can't I tell him..? ...why not, Frank? He's your boyfriend, he deserves to know..." Then she paused and whirled around. "...Who did you see?" she got up from her 'criss-cross applesauce" position. "Hello? I know you're here Gerard!" She called out. I popped out from my hiding spot.

"What are you doing here..." I stared at her, her clothes wet and muddy from all the rain. "Who are you and Why are you at Franks grave...and how do you know my name..." I rephrased. The girl remained quiet, then nodded.

"I'm Leila. And I don't think its illegal to come visit peoples graves." She frowned. "And I know your name because of this." My gaze shifted to her hands. The note. She was holding the note Frank had written to me the night before he died...

"Why do you have that?" I snapped at her, on the verge of tears yet again.

"He brought it to me this morning..." She held it out for me to take back. "I don't know why. He said he... wanted me to help. Help you."
"Who is 'He' ? and help me with what?"

"I can't say..." Her head hung as she muttered those 3 words. "I wish I could... Hes hurt Gerard. He can see you, he can hear you, and he knows your in pain. But you can't see him, hear him, and you don't know that he's been here all along. Everyday that you've visited Franks grave, he's been here. Watching as you mourned, listening as you talked to the headstone like it was a real person. And that's all I can say, but if Frank was here, he wouldn't want you to be like this. He would want you to go out and live your life. Not to be stuck in the past." Leila said in a hushed tone and left, setting the note in my hands.

I opened the paper up once again when I got back home, and closed my bedroom door. It was the exact same. Every time I read it I would hear Franks voice like he was here with me the entire time, like he was reading it to me. As I skimmed through it again I noticed one tiny thing wasn't right. Scribbled at the bottom of the page in Franks handwriting was
"I love you Gerard. But you have to go live your life, I can't hold you back. I love you, even in death."

It wasn't possible that Frank wrote it, right? I mean, as much as I hate to admit it, he's gone forever, he's dead. I folded the paper up again, the way it was when I first found it and set it back on my bedside table. Burying my face in my pillow, I began to think as I quietly cried.

" ...come back Frank...please. I really need you now." I whispered when I rolled over and faced the ceiling. "...All i want is to see you one more time to say goodbye and I love you again..."
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe i'm uploading up to chapter 4 or 5 right now so .-. yup. Comment, subscribe, y'know xD